PDA

View Full Version : question 600 - 750 ?

thesaxman
12-05-2004, 08:13 PM
will a set of 750 barrels fit on a 600, using the 600's heads and carbs etc??

Pedro
12-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Dunno!

You & SB coming out on Sunday?

Ped

Keabs
12-05-2004, 09:54 PM
dunno for sure Sax , but I doubt it. If the cylinder head gasket of the 600 has a metal ring designed to press between it and the barrels then the wider barrels of the 750 will press onto the card outside the circumfrence of the 600 one, if you see what I mean. This'll mean that there won't be a good enough seal around the top of the barrel/cylinder head face and will mean not enough compression - not to mention the damage caused as the cylinder head gasket disintegrates.

Now, if you use a cylinder head gaskett off of a 750 you wont get this problem, but it will cause lip around the top of the barrell/cylinder head face, that will f*£k up the compression again. . . .

Apologies for using the word circumfrence - the voices told me to say it. . .

Keabs
12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Ignore my last!

Just checked out the spec of the 600 and 750 cylinder heads (2000 model) and the part number for the cylinder head gasket for both is the same, so you can assume there's no issue there

BUT

there's a different part number for the piston pin (small end bearing) on each motor which says that the pistons are not interchangeable between the 2 motors. You would have to swap the con-rods as well, which would probably mean changing the crank - etc etc.

Sounds like a no go - unless someone can shout me wrong?

Check out here for more detailed info on the differences between the 600 and 750 models:

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/catalogs.jhtml?MY=2000

thesaxman
13-05-2004, 01:06 AM
cheers for the replies guys, just that i saw some 750 barrels n pistons on e bay, and wondered if they would slot straight onto the bints 600, but it looks a bit to much work involved.

well i is gettin on a bit you know, innit....
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/sarge/Sniffles_anim.gif
oooooooh me back hurts.