PDA

View Full Version : WICKFORD June ... 2004

Paranoid Dave
11-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Yes I've finally got off my fat arse and done something about setting a date. I've checked what's on, looked in surrey, kent, sussex and beyond; avoided Boozy Bob's tour of Hampshire and kept it well away from the Track day. Also kept clear of BSB at brands and WSB at silverstone for any sports fans.

So the date I can best pick that clashes with the least amount of things is.....

June 6th 2004

For any newcomers its at the **** Turpin Pub near wickford in essex. I'll check to make sure they're not shut for refurbishment or something silly, sorry if it clashes with your plans but we can't please everyone. Who knows I might even join in the ride after lunch this time. :eek:

Lets see if we can top the 15 or so we had before.

CK & AK
11-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Hope you can organise the weather too mate:D , count us both in.

C

Paranoid Dave
11-05-2004, 07:28 PM
I thought you were used to riding in the wet now :D

Chris
11-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Was a good ride out last year. Can't make it this year. I'll be watching the Moto GP in Mugello!

SteveSki
12-05-2004, 07:11 AM
I'll be there as long as the weather is good.

The **** Turpin? is that actually on the A127/Eastern avenue?

Cheers

Steve

Paranoid Dave
12-05-2004, 05:26 PM
That's the one steveSki. Don't miss the entrance tho, you'll have to round the block to have another go. Who'd be silly enough to do that eh?

Paranoid Dave
12-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Dom has been in touch to say he should be there, showing us just how twisty roads should be.
Also suggested a ride in for those interested from Finchingfield. Down to wickford for lunch and then out to burnham for a cuppa. Sounds good to me, I know it's no use to you lot south of the river but shout if you're interested and we'll arange a time.

:D

benson
12-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Hurrah - found the thread - see you there!!!

benson
12-05-2004, 06:48 PM
AS for those people watching the GP IN MUGELLO I HOPE THEY KNOW WE'LL BE HAVING JUST AS GOOD A TIME NOT WATCHING !!!!!

benson
12-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Jealous??? Naaaahhh - just turning a nice shade of green

Paranoid Dave
12-05-2004, 06:51 PM
We'll have crap british weather and potholed british roads to contend with. Who needs Moto GP anyway? :confused:

Benson, well done for finding your way to essex ;)

walkingpictures
12-05-2004, 06:57 PM
:( Sorry Dave,can't make that meeting,will be in the Isle of Man but hope it all goes ok for you....dry roads hey ;)

Kimbo :)

Runningman
12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
Hi Dave
I shall be there...its an Essex thing...innit

Eug
13-05-2004, 07:00 PM
The Eugster shall be making an appearance.

I'm in Buckhurst Hill, near the Roebuck.

Who's in for riding there together ?
Benson you're only down the road - who else ?

benson
13-05-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm happy to ride in, and from the Roebuck is fine - I know where that is!!! Runningman & Steve - up for it too? Hope we can get a goodly little crew out and monstering - oh how I love my monster - oh how I hope it stays dry and sunny ALL SUMMER....

BoozyBOB
13-05-2004, 11:50 PM
PD..Bunham for ice-cream and if CK & AK will let me follow i will be there....

M900Dom
14-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by BoozyBOB
PD..Bunham for ice-cream and if CK & AK will let me follow i will be there....

Oi:D
Your not following CK this time Bob you`re following me :D :D ;)
I am hoping to have the Monster Finished by then as well, so it may be its official unveiling so to speak ;)
Cheers
Dom

BoozyBOB
15-05-2004, 03:24 PM
i have to follow CK & AK to get to the D/Turpin...and after lunch CK is slower..(due to profiterole consumtion)...:lol:
hope you are up and running Dom..see you there

Migsangel
16-05-2004, 05:46 PM
I will put on the calendar and certainly make the good effort to be there Dave...

Woud you be meeting up at the Stratus Hall cafe on the A143 first then heading down to the pub?

spidermonkey
16-05-2004, 07:36 PM
we should both be there with any luck
steve

SteveSki
17-05-2004, 11:11 AM
I'll be there.........for the people coming in from the Roebuck (Rachel!!!) if you're gonna go past Romford on the way (i think you will be?!) can I hook up with you?

And when are we going to Soufend for chips?!?!

Steveo

CK & AK
17-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BoozyBOB
i have to follow CK & AK to get to the D/Turpin...and after lunch CK is slower..(due to profiterole consumtion)...:lol:
hope you are up and running Dom..see you there

Bob - you fool:D
Profiterole consumption has gone down slightly now - just having strawberries & cream at this time of the year:D

Best to follow Mutters up there mate - unless you are going round the top way, via the N Circular & picking up bods at the Ace.

C:burnout:

Muttley
17-05-2004, 05:48 PM
What about meeting at Box Hill from 10.30 leaving at 11.00 for a luverly tour of the M25 (get to hear some serious noise through the tunnel tho')
:eek:

JMo
24-05-2004, 01:00 AM
I imagine the Sussex contingent (well, some of them) will be there too...

BTW. what time for lunch PD?

Mutters - may I suggest you preserve your sanity and take the A25/A225 before heading through the tunnel?

xxx

PS. Meet time/point for Sussexites in Sussex Events...

Muttley
25-05-2004, 10:44 PM
Mutters - may I suggest you preserve your sanity and take the A25/A225 before heading through the tunnel?

I think it's too late for my sanity JMo :lol:

I tend to avoid the A25 in the summer months as it's full of mobile safety men ;)
Let's decide on the day.

Muttley

Jon_Melson
29-05-2004, 06:34 PM
I've already posted a reply on a different thread- but I'm getting desperate!!! Is anybody out on the bike tomorrow, 30 May???? I don't have many free sundays, so getting a few miles under my belt is pretty important! If anyone fancies a ride, call or text me: 07761 955952. If weather is ok, i'll probably be up and about from 8ish.

Paranoid Dave
01-06-2004, 06:15 PM
OK folks, I've booked the sun for the weekend and could be HOT.

The **** Turpin opens it's doors at 12.00 so get there earlier if you like sitting outside getting thirsty. ;) Dom is prepared to show us the twisty way to Burnham for teas later so we'll be leaving Wickford when food has been scoffed, Dom has turned up and we're ready to go. Probably 1.30 to 2.00.

Hope to see lots of monsters there, including all those new london/essex border people who've appeared on here recently. :D

Sie man
01-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Love to come. Been going mad with all this glorious weather. Bikes been off the road due to incompetent mechanic(me) stripping thread on rear caliper mount to change pads. Got the new part now. It looks a doddle to fit but with my track record etc. Is it? Anything I should look out for?
Can’t wait to ride some decent roads, without usual London homicidal tin box merchants.

Hopefully see you all there,

Justin

If I get lost follow the paint flakes :D

M900Dom
05-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Got far too much to do, not to mention no bike to ride , so I will unfortunately not be joining you Tomorrow :rolleyes:
I will however, be furnishing PD with directions etc when I see him tomorrow AM so you can do the Burnham Rideout :D

Sorry but still working away during the week leaving me **** loads to do every weekend to try and catch up :(

Laters
Dom

Paranoid Dave
06-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Well we went, we saw, we ate and we monstered.

Thanks to those who came, nice to meet a lot of new faces, especially the london borders mob, (fancy a drink at Gt Bently one night) full name list i hope was..

PD,Dave and his mate on the SS, spidermonkey and Ange, Benson, Didge and pillion (brave lady) Eug, Steveski, JMo, Kazza, Slob, and the other names have been lost in my head -sorry, my fault for being a spoddy. :D

Cheers dom for the directions, worked a treat. Sorry to those we lost on the road, not an easy place to pull out of and I kept it slow but alas it was not to be. :(

Hope you all got home safe, see you soon. :cool:

JMo
06-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Sussex contingent was Didge (& Jan on the back), Robht, JamesT, SazzaJ (not Kazza PD!) and myself (& Piglet of course), and boy did we have a great time getting there and back (and while we where there too of course!) - great weather, lovely twisty roads, and we found a great pub on the way home to eh guys?!

As you say PD - it was good to meet some new faces, and enjoy a hearty (and speedily delivered) lunch, finished off with neon ice-creams for tea... must say though, Essex seems to be full of chubby blokes without their shirts on, driving dodgy hot-hatches with St. George's cross flags on...

Trust everyone got home OK

xxx

SazzaG
06-06-2004, 08:51 PM
What a lovely day out to Essex init. Good food, good company, good ice cream, and good twisties!

PD, that hat of yours is sucking out your brainwaves! (ooarr)

Saz

slob
06-06-2004, 09:36 PM
oops, wrong thread, cr*p pics here http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=7305&page=2 nice to meet y'all.

Eug
06-06-2004, 11:18 PM
OK Area Events Photographer got home late after departing early and riding to Oxford to visit mother dear.

Anyway some nice lineup shots and a cool one for Jen.

SteveSki
07-06-2004, 05:20 PM
I must say it was nice to all see you yesterday, even if I didn't get the chance to
meet you all properly!

Jmo, I did think about dropping by Soufend to push a few scooters over but after working out the maths decided there were a lot more of them than there was of me, even if I could out-run them on foot..........

Eug, good pics but none of ours I might add?!!?!?!?

Must do it again.........

Steve

Eug
07-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Eug, good pics but none of ours I might add?!!?!?!?

Must do it again.........

Steve

My bad ... t'was late for me last night.

Good to meet you catch up soon if I'm not Monsterless by then :(

SteveSki
07-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Oh cheers PD,

Monsterless?!

slob
07-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Don't Do It Eug!

spacemonkey
07-06-2004, 09:07 PM
"must say though, Essex seems to be full of chubby blokes without their shirts on, driving dodgy hot-hatches with St. George's cross flags on..."

You wanna try Boringmouth then...

Eug
07-06-2004, 09:35 PM
You wanna try Boringmouth then...

Yeah apparently that's where old ppl go to keel over and die :eek: