PDA

View Full Version : Hi rise oval pipes brackets and foot peg bolts

Gizmo
11-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Don't know if anyone else has come across this but when fitting non DP oval hi rise pipes its rare that you are supplied with either longer footpeg bolts or brackets which bolt on and look as neat as the ones DPP supply. My SIL's came with only spacers for pegs and flexible brackets that wrap around the frame tube, ugly as and not too sturdy.

I know from my experience that the footpeg bolts end up only going in a few threads once you've spaced them out to clear the pipes, the DPP kit gives a lot more thread contact and minimises risk of stripping the engine threads.

After a lot of hunting through DPP catalogue I've finally managed to get the correct part number for the kit of bolts and brackets to do this, it should be applicable to both up to 2001 and 2002 and later Monsters.

part number is 960169AAA, price is Ducati steep at about £35, Stuart (http://www.spareshack.com) sorted them for me.

queen_gpants
11-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Gizmo if you haven't started to fit them yet a word of advice!

Put the bike on a paddock stand, one of the bolts securing the LHS footrest also secures the sidestand...I discovered this after the bike landed on my head, I was sat on the floor at the time trying to undo the bolts and it cost me a new footrest £50! :eek:

I assume you have the same spacers I had, 6 of one size and 2 slightly thinner ones, they go at the bottom of the LHS footrest.

Good luck! :D

Gizmo
11-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Ha, been there done that got the t shirt Celeste,

I just managed to catch bike and got the bolt in in whilst shouting for my girl friend to come and help me. She was too busy watching Corrie to hear my pathetic cries for help. I struggled out from under it after about an hour of balancing and fiddling with bolts. its easy to strip the bolt thread if this happens hence my preference for longer bolts if I go back to standard pegs ( unlikely)

I suggested to Stuart that he might include a little note with all SIL hi rises warning you that this will happen. Its the same when you fit rear sets.

Standard kit is 6 big spacers 2 thinner for sidestand side. DPP kit has all that as well.

Gizmo
11-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Sorry Celeste, just checked, my Sil's came with 8 spacers all same size, the DPP has 7 same size and 1 thinner

New brackets give a much stronger mounting for the cans and don't rely upon clamp to frame tube which can twist scoring paint.