PDA

View Full Version : Little em's chip run.

Paranoid Dave
10-05-2004, 08:33 PM
3rd July 2004 there's gonna be a party, celebrating all things em :D
I am not the organiser but I have been given the OK to to send an open invitation to you for a run from Ipswich (or near) and out to Aldeburgh (most likely) for chips on the sea front. They have the best chippy for miles around and I can't wait to see the locals as it's very much a posh nobs weekend retreat. Late lunchtime we think but will confirm later.
It's difficult to organise a bike run to raise money for a charity but perhaps in future years it may happen, but this is for everyone who wants to come along, join in, sling your legs over the wall at the front and munch chips on the suffolk coast. For friends, family and any biker who wants to come.

Em did not want a wake but a party so after the run, there'll be a party at Hintlesham for anyone who wants to attend. Good band playing live too.
Dunno much more as, like I said, I'm not the organiser.

I know a few of you wanted to come along and do the ride so I thought it good to give you as much notice as possible. Sarah (emma sister) has some floor space and if I tidy up I might even squeeze a couple in my lounge too at a push.

Call it a suffolk meet if you like but there'll probably be a few Buells there too, some Busa's and a shed load more.
All welcome. :D :cool:

pooh
10-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Dave
Is it this year or next year if this year Lorraine and I may well come down.

Ian

Paranoid Dave
10-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Pooh, I have edited the post so hopefully for being such a smart arse you will now sound very silly :D

YES IT"S THIS YEAR, why would you think otherwise? ;) cough cough. :rolleyes:

CK & AK
10-05-2004, 09:30 PM
PD, regretfully we are both already booked that day (horse show & car event - and also the next day, but hope all goes well for you all.

C

Jono
10-05-2004, 10:21 PM
What an excellent idea, I have to agree that the chippy in Aldeburgh is without a doubt as good as it gets on the potato front, and, all being well I shall make a point of being there. Its about time Aldeburgh was woken up again from its sleepy little exsistance

Paranoid Dave
26-05-2004, 06:40 PM
I'll keep this post updated as and when I hear details...

It looks as though the plan for the meet and ride will be FROM aldeburgh to hintlesham in the afternoon, once chips have been digested. As I plan to be out on the bike all that day I suggest us Monstrositi who want to ride over as a group, pick a meeting point and a nice ride and route in. Parking is likely to be in the big car park 100 yards further down the front past the chippy. Munch on the finest deep fried spuds as more turn up. Then the ride from Alde to Hintlesham where the George pub will be open all day. Have a glass and depart from there or for me and any others who want to, take bike home and change, come back in the evening for the party over the road in the village hall.

It'd be great to meet up with anyone who wants to come that day but there's no pressure on anyone to join in, or for which bit. All are welcome, even if just to say hello.

I'll post times up when I have some but the morning is our own to play if the sun is out, and as far as I know the chippy in Aldeburgh shuts at 2?

:bunny: