PDA

View Full Version : help needed - original M900 (94-97)

cgreen
10-05-2004, 04:52 PM
This is for anyone who has an older M900, mine is a 95 model and I have just replaced the swingarm after the old one buggered up when the chain adjuster bolt snapped whilst mobile :rolleyes:
On the replacement the gold end plate has a "lip" only on one side "ie: the outside" as when you try and put one on that has a lip both sides it is too close and touches the sprocket, as I dont know what the old looked like (pinged off down the road lost forever when the bolt snapped!) I dont have a comparison so want to check if this is right for an older M900.
If someone who has an older one can have a look at theirs and let me know if its like that would be much appreciated.
Basically the gold end plate is different sprocket side to the other as it only has a single "lip" on the outside whereas the brake caliper side has a lip over in and outside of the end of the swingarm, sorry for the ramble but difficult to explain without piccies.
Cheers
Chris

Pedro
10-05-2004, 05:11 PM
The sprocket side end cap has the side machined off so it clears the sprocket nuts. It looks like it's flush with the inner side of the swing arm. So, when looking from the rear of the bike, the RHS one has two lips, the LHS one has one lip.

Let me know if you wanna piccie of my 93 M900

Ped

cgreen
10-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Muchos gracias ped!
thanks, its been bugging me and am about to get the MOT sorted so will be back on the road soon as my forks seals are done, this was strange cos my brother has a later 2000 M900 and his end plates have a lip on both sides but then he said he put a spacing washer on the spindle as the sprocket nuts barely cleared it. Thanks again for the quick reply.
Cheers
Chris

Pedro
10-05-2004, 10:18 PM
The later Monny's have different wheel spacers I think hence the change in design

Ped

M900nster
10-05-2004, 11:51 PM
I never noticed when I had it in bits recently, but I just had a look at my '96 M900. I can confirm that the end cap on the sprocket side is machined so that it is flush with the inside of the swingarm.
All the best
Henry

cgreen
11-05-2004, 04:22 PM
thanks guys, yep sounds like when they did the revamp on later non cagiva owned models they changed this.