PDA

View Full Version : Italian Day at the Ace

Muttley
09-05-2004, 07:28 PM
It worked! (sort of....sorry i lost you JamesT:eek: )

Met up with JamesT Jamcoly and DRC at Box Hill and then collected CK AK MartinS4 and (wait for it) Blufoot on his new bike....Bex's VFR400.

Trouble with the Ace Cafe is that it's a good place when you get there, but it's got some really dull roads to get there on........anyone know of an interesting route?

Met up with loads of peeps at the Ace:
Ade Fatbloke Benson QueenGP Eug Slob SimonS4 Jmo Dibble Vman Runningman LeMarsu & MrsLM.......have I missed anyone?

Nice run back to Woking to finish the day rummaging in AK's parts bin......thanks for the pipes Al;)

Tired now.....need sleep........

Julie
09-05-2004, 07:37 PM
any photos muttley?

CK & AK
09-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Cheers Muttley - that hoon with Ade, Jamcoly & DRC from t'other side of Slough past Windsor, through Sunningdale & Chobham was good - wasn't it!!
:D :D :D :burnout:

C

ps - J & R - AK has the camera at the mo - and is out:eek: not sure if he did take any pics - but if so, will post up later.:)

pps: Muttley - you missed out Marky!!!

Spanner
09-05-2004, 08:06 PM
What a tip top day. I had a great time. Everything went smoothly. And it DIDN'T BLOODY RAIN. Hoorah. The roads on the way back to Woking were great.

There were some beautiful bikes at the Ace. Old Ducatis, Bimotas, MV's and loads more. There was an MV Brutale there which was stunning. Far better in the flesh than any pictures.

Thanks for letting us hooligans back to your new house Charlotte and Alan. Very nice. I think your garage is almost as big as your old house. Thanks for the rear shock and choke thingy Alan. You're a gent. I owe you a drink or two.

Mike good luck with the area rep thing. I look forward to gatecrashing some more Surrey events.

Doug

Muttley
09-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Julie & Ruth
any photos muttley?

Not yet J&R....I took the old proper filmy camera that we used at the Weekender and have now used up the film. Will post some picies up when I get it processed ......... god it sounds old fashioned doesn't it:D

queen_gpants
09-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Good to see you guys again and meet more new people :D

Another good day at the Ace and so nice to see so many old and unusual bikes there instead of being stuck away in dusty garages.

I had a very boring ride home, although I did nearly manage to get my knee down on the Maple Cross roundabout after going round it a few times...I suddenly remembered I didn't have any sliders on! :eek:

james t
09-05-2004, 09:34 PM
No Problem Muttley

I lost myself

Still, Nice ride home via Hammersmith flyover (god knows how I managed to get there)

Heathrow looked pretty good in the drizzle so did Staines for that matter.

Must ask Father Christmas for a map this year.

Regards James t.

Confused but Content

Eug
09-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by CK:
pps: Muttley - you missed out Marky!!!

Don't forget JMo.
OK not a Monster but what a monster of a bike it was !

Muttley
09-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Eug
Don't forget JMo.
OK not a Monster but what a monster of a bike it was !

Wouldn't dare miss out Jmo eh Jen!
She's there between SimonS4 and Dibble

PS Jen....when are you going to get Supermoto wheels and tyres for your bike, and can I have a go pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee:D

JMo
10-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Muttley
Wouldn't dare miss out Jmo eh Jen!
She's there between SimonS4 and Dibble

Woah, you'll be getting me a reputation fella! (I think you'll be getting those carpet fitters all in a fluster with statements like that!)

I was indeed there, as the ****ey weather in the morning, and all week (and last weekend!) meant the motocross track was a bog, and not for me...

So ironically, I make it to the Italian day afterall (unlike last year's hedge incident) on the Ronda instead - still, at least it was red, and I was in my Alpinestars and Dainese gear...

Was trek home mind you, took the long way and ambled through Surrey - well, the XR only does about 60mph anyway... (gosh, it's so easy to keep coming up with 'em isn't it?!!!)

Love to all,

xxx

DesmoDog
10-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Was Foggy there?

fatbloke
10-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by DesmoDog
Was Foggy there?

Luckily he was'nt

Dibble
10-05-2004, 03:22 PM
Take two then .. for CK ... lol .... x

Good to cross paths with a number of you .. both new and old (or in Muttleys case "very old") faces ......

Special thanks to Benson for showing me the way and thanks to Slob for providing such a nice rear end for me to follow .. and I dont mean you or your bike ... ;-)

Lots of faces but I'm crap at names ...

Even a few attractive women there, one of whom arrived on a Monster .. although she looked far too classy for it but I thought better than popping her onto the back of the 996 and taking her "up market" ... stop s!!!!!!ing at the back ....

So all in all a good turn out .. and CK even met the VMan ... lol

Sees you all soon......

queen_gpants
10-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Ah yes the VMan, he was so well behaved! He seems to have chilled out a bit on the DSC too, shame really!

Muttley
13-05-2004, 08:59 PM
At last the photos are back :D

The Ace Cafe in all it's glory

Muttley
13-05-2004, 09:00 PM
It's all about bums on seats

Muttley
13-05-2004, 09:03 PM
This one's for Fodder........look what's lurking under the Tupperware:p