PDA

View Full Version : Mini break

CK & AK
09-05-2004, 09:47 AM
AK & I have had to forgo the trip we were planning on the IOW in Sept for various reasons:(

However, :cool: we have just booked to stay at a mates farm off the A39 at Welcombe - about 10 miles north of Bude, from Friday 10th Sept through to at least Mon 13th, in the mobile home.
There is room to get at least another couple in - and poss another 2 in the lounge if you wish. Lots of room for camping - shower & WC on site too. Nice views, and about 1& half miles walk/ride from quiet beach.

If anyone wants to come & join us, do let us know - costs for staying are minimal, but will need transport to local hostelry's for evening grub.

Hope to meet up with the Cornwall & Devon contingent whilst down there & to have a hoot over Exmoor too.

Charlotte:cool:

spacemonkey
09-05-2004, 11:05 AM
IS there a Devon and Cream contingent????

Spanner
09-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Stick me down as a maybe. I'll confirm one way or another asap. I have a tent so if you run out of room I can always share a field with the moo cows. I can feel a surfing sesh coming on. I may try and persuade my chums from Bristol to meet us there. They like the surfing too. Lets hope it's still summer then.

Doug

CK & AK
09-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Sounds good Doug - the more the merrier - as Bude, Appledore, Woolacombe & Croyde are all in easy reach.

Can stay on longer if you/they wish.

If they come by 4 wheels, we could be on to a good thing in the evening!:D

C

ps - No livestock in the campsite field (unless you are planning on bringing your own?:confused: :D :D )

Spanner
09-05-2004, 08:39 PM
If my pal and his lady come they'll be on four wheels as they aren't bikers. The only time my mate has ridden a motorbike was at the minimoto outing with Nattboy. What an introduction to bikes! The trouble is they only have a Ford Fester. So we may have to contact the Guiness book of records before we set off anywhere so that they can witness us breaking the record for the number of people in a Ford Fiasco.

Thanks again Alan for those bits. Time to log on to Ebay I reckon. You'll make a fortune.

Fodder
10-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Mmmmm
Interested!!! As Doug said a few sessions on the longboard are very tempting.
Will let you guys know as soon as possible. If we do go we will be bringing our boards so we will be in a car............Now where did I put the roofbars.:D

Fods

CK & AK
10-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Dont forget a trailer for the bikes Fods!!!:twisted: :twisted: :D

Mind you - if the weather forecast is pants - we could end up there by car too.... unless I go shopping for a trailer for the bikes - best of both then:cool:

C

sjr999r
06-09-2005, 01:07 AM
Am down in Devon Exeter....about 50mins ride from bude...........i'll come up for a brew and a ducati blah blah blah natter,u guys still down this weekend????

CK & AK
06-09-2005, 08:25 AM
errrr...that was last year sjr999r :confused: :lol:

funnily enough, we will be down there this year - and a Ducati meet is planned from Gt Torrington on Sunday 18th Sept, leaving at 11am, for a brisk ride to Bude for lunch. Anyone is more than welcome to bomb along - there are about 10 of us so far :cool:

sjr999r
06-09-2005, 10:22 AM
oooopppppppppss......well i meant the one u just posted then!!!!!!..sticks head in the loo and flushes!!!!........i'll be there...

CK & AK
06-09-2005, 10:38 AM
be good to see you :)

sambo
06-09-2005, 10:53 PM
if your staying at welcombe you have to take a trip down the A39 towards wadebridge/newquay once you have got past barnstaple the road realy opens up lots of twisty bits ideal for short burst over taking followed by high speed corners best ride ever not to be missed. i know i live in newquay and recently had to do that exact road best ride yet.

Sam

CK & AK
07-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Sam - we know those roads soooo well! :cool:

been zipping up & down them for a number of years now :D

you coming up to the meet at Bude (or even for the ride from Gt Torrington) on the 18th then?

sambo
07-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Wish i could. i work near enough 7 days week and only ventured up those roads to do jobs. sucks now but when it all pays off ill have a new bike every year :) (thats the motivation anyway)

Sam

sjr999r
07-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Meeting at Bude could be easyer for me.i know the Postoffice and the Esso garage in Bude.thats about it...oh the 'Safeway' at the top of bude before stratton!!!...time??

CK & AK
08-09-2005, 09:04 AM
will PM you my mobile no :)

poss most likely Crooklets beach???, but will post up at the end of the week a def place :)