PDA

View Full Version : East London/Essex Borders

benson
08-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Hello! Is anyone out there? Does anyone want to try and make a regular-ish meet, say for a sunday pub lunch type occasion, in and around the place? I'm Woodford/Chingford direction so the roads out into Essex are close - lots of bike shops to go look at and coast close by (Sarfend and CHIPS!!!!!) and IF the weather ever improves lots of monstering around to do !!! I'm going to the Italian Day at the Ace tomorrow so maybe see folks there???

:D

stevie
08-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Hello Benson, I go back to the fatherland quite a bit, as i grew up in Woodford and Epping,so if i,m going back at all on the bike i,ll be up for burning around, I might be able to make the Ace tomorrow.
Steve

Jon_Melson
09-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Blimey!! Only just entered the whole world of Monstering, and I'm pleased there are other peeps about who enjoy this 2 wheeled stuff. I've read that sone of you guys N girls goto epping- but I've yet to see another Monster at the High Beech tea huts. Any plans for people to venture over????

benson
09-05-2004, 10:16 PM
HI Jon - High Beach is just up the road but I tend not to go - I'd rather go somewhere for a ride out first really, but that's just mw - there are lots of others around! The Ace Cafe today was great - lots of monsters and lots of bikes and lots of other stuff besides... The next few weeks should be good - the BMF is comingup, the Garden of England Show etc - you're not that far off where I am so let me know if you fancy a ride one night! Martin is also just up the road in Woodford Green. Meanwhile happy monstering!
Benson (aka Rachel)

Runningman
10-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Good burghers of Essex
Rachel is correct, I am indeed of these parts, for it is I, Runningman (AKA Martin)

I like High Beech for a debriefing (ahem) on the way back from a sortie. Give us a shout if you have something in mind, I'm thinking of finding that bikers pub at Toot Hill one night.

Welcome to the club. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Ps.Great day at the Ace yesterday Rachel; Ill post you a PM for a cat update.

Eug
10-05-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm in Buckhurst Hill and would be interested in joining more Monsters at weekends if weather's good.

Just post up on here.

benson
10-05-2004, 06:22 PM
Hey folks - glad to hear there are a few of us around and about!

Great to catch up yesterday at the Ace - top day all round and a burger too!!

Sadly tho my monster, Frank, refuses to start - everything else but the ignition - lights, camera action but no cranking - not a dicky bird so we are on the way to Daytona in the morning courtesy of the warranty and the AA... Not looking good for poor old Frank - it's a times like these I think my lucky stars for the jap crap also parked on the front drive :-)

Never mind, I'm sure they'll sort it but in the meantime I may be joining you on the blade!!!!

Take care and keep in touch- hope that moggy is OK MNartin and Kim...

Rachel (aka Benson)

gary tompkins
10-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Benson said...Sadly tho my monster, Frank, refuses to start

Rachel,

Please let us know what the fault turns out to be. Quite a few of us (myself included) have been down this road recently, mostly with monsters of a similar vintage. So it would be useful to know if there is a common fault trend developing with 2001-2002 M900's & darks (yes - mine used to be one) in particular.

BTW did you check to see if the white two pin block connector at the solenoid (12v feed from starter button) had dropped out? This happened on mine after a few months, killing the starter circuit/button dead. This plug's a really loose fit and easily vibrates out of position, unless you secure it with a cable tie or similar - as I did.

It's under the right hand side of the petrol tank - and easy to spot if it's the culprit.

For my other leccy fault check these threads...

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6100

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6373

Hope you get frank sorted soon ;)

benson
10-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Gary I really appreciate the help - it's such a good thing to know that there are willing helpful monster owners around and the sympathy is much needed!!!

I checked and it's not the two pin doodah - I checked as many connections as I could and so did the AA guy who was a bike nut himself - seems I will be waving goodbye in the morning.

As for this vintage - third bloomin warranty call out in the two years - 8 weeks to go and I am seriously considering part exing the bike ofr a new one - don't want to have this sort of messing around out of the warranty as I know so little about putting anything right!!!

Runningman
10-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Good tips Gary...hope you can make it on some of the Essex/East London runs yourself.

Martin

fatbloke
10-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Rach have a real good look for the "2 pin doodah" its happened to me and its not obvious even when its plugged in my moneys on a loose doodah plug.

benson
10-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Cheers again all - reckon it's time to take the miners lamp off my helmet now and start again in the morning - will definitely check my doodah plug thingummy.....Will be out there at first light with my leatherman (not that it helps but its such a great toy:-)) looking into dicky wotsits...
Dreaming of a monster that starts....
Rach
xxx

fatbloke
10-05-2004, 09:45 PM
here's the little blighter take out clean and replace
http://fatbloke.xt500.org.uk/rach1.jpg
closer
http://fatbloke.xt500.org.uk/rach2.jpg

Jon_Melson
10-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Seems a pretty positive response!! Plenty of guys (& girls) in the area. So, is anyone going to take the brave step of arranging an informal meet- either one sunday or an evening??? I don't have any friends with bikes (ahhh), and i'm just a comparative baby. The M750 is my first ever bike.... I need some guidence- quick!!! I'd be more than happy to meet with anyone in the area assuming a:) they don't mind me being a total novice & B:) as the youth of today, I work a 6 day week for a staggeringly feeble amount of money. Free time is rare??
What say you guys???

benson
11-05-2004, 06:22 AM
Absolutely mate - will be there even if it is on the "other" bike! You're not far and I know there'll be a few more willing to go and play out!!! Can't make this weekend but next week or maybe Thursday evening??? Let me know
Happy riding Jon!
:-)

benson
11-05-2004, 06:37 AM
We are back on the roads again!!! What about Thursday night if it is a good evening? We could ride out Epping wards and try to find that pub in Toot Hill??? We could start in the car park of the Castel Pub at Woodford Green (Now that I know which Castle you mean Martin d'oh!)
Let me know, right now I'd ride to Timbuktu I'm so chuffed the bike starts again!!!!!
Rach and Frank the crank

SteveSki
11-05-2004, 07:58 AM
A meet in Essex!!!
I'm there...............

I'd love to attend the next meet!!
Only had my monster two weeks and yet to see another one!!

I popped down high beach the weekend before last and just ended up having the only Ducati there! :D

I live in Romford now but Woodford, Buck Hill, Loughton, Souf Woodford etc. are all me old stomping grounds!

Just let me know?

Thanks

Steve

benson
11-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Hello again one and all - what about the weekend of the 22/23rd? I'm thinking of going up to the BMF on one of the days - or one night in the week? Im free this Thursday - what about an inaugural drink say in Epping??? Many pubs and even decent places to get a bite to eat? If the weathers good what about chips in Sarfend (OK so I'm a chip obsessed woman...)? I'm up for a run this Thursday or the weekend after next, let me know,
Rach and Frank the crank

SteveSki
11-05-2004, 08:57 AM
sounds good to me!

But only if it's goodish weather, i'll admit it, I can't stand riding in the rain:mad:

I'm always on here during the day so post the details and i'll be there!

Ciao

Steve

benson
11-05-2004, 02:07 PM
OK Steve what about Thursday night and then if anyone else wants to play they can? I agere about the weather but that's only cos I ride in all sorts and if I've ridden home in the crap I won't want to play out in the crap!

Thursday night say 7 in teh Castle at Woodford Green Car Park to start with??? We can go from there!

Cheers,

Benson (aka Rachel)

slob
11-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Is that the pub on the High road? I'm not that familiar with Woodford green. But I'll see you there, work permitting.

benson
11-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Great stuff slob - it's on the high road indeed, just past those big traffic lights that if you continued straight on along the road would take you to Epping!

Jon_Melson
11-05-2004, 06:31 PM
SteveSki? You're a Romford man? That's literally around the corner to me? I work alternate sundays, but I'm off this sun so will be making my usual bi-monthly trek to High Beech.
Thursday would've been great, Benson, but I have a sad confession. I'm a big tart and do a Thursday evening Spinning class at the gym!! I race mountain bikes (albeit poorly) so I need the training... Noticed a lot of you guys are runners. V.impressed! I find this two legged stuff too hard, I get bored after 5 km.
So what about this Sunday... Any takers? (weather permitting)

SteveSki
12-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Yes Jon, i'm indeed a Romford man.
I see you're from Hornchurch, drink down Lloyds No.1??

Just give us a shout whenever you fancy blasting the dust off the Monnies and onto the old boys (he he) down high beach.

Hey Rachel, Thursday sounds good to me.
The Castle it is and I hope the weather will be at least dry, or i'm not coming out to play!!

Oh and i've got a condition...........promise not to burn off and leave me??:(

Cheers

Steve

benson
12-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Hurrah for us Essex-ites! I'll be lurking in the Castle and don't worry - no burning anywhere!!!
Rachel

Paranoid Dave
12-05-2004, 06:38 PM
B&H

Are you bringing CrankyFrank to Wickford on the 6th of June?

benson
12-05-2004, 06:39 PM
6th June??? What's a happening then then? I'll bring Franky Cranky (and anything else I can think of to call him to wind people up!!!) wherever that might be!

Paranoid Dave
12-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Have a look in the Essex forum, oh hang on you're in it ;)

Near Wickford on the A127, multi region meet, bring some of those new essex members too. :D

benson
12-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Sounds great - what time - lunch I hope, being highly motivated by food and good beer!!! :-) I'll be there my Kylie loving mate - what an avatar.....

Paranoid Dave
12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
I like it and so do many others. If you want the full size picture PM me your email ;) and I'll send the others too :D :rolleyes:

he he he

benson
12-05-2004, 06:58 PM
OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh
yes please! Rachelsinger@aol.com - THANK YOU!!!.

Jon_Melson
12-05-2004, 07:15 PM
Steve, how about this Sunday then?? Meet somewhere in rom for a blast to High Beech? Normally I try to get out for about 8 ish so the roads are quiet. What do you think? Anyone else?

Also, 6 june in Wickford! I work in Basildon, so that's pretty close to me. Not at the ol' Dicky Turpin is it??

Occasionally drink in Lloyds, but usually the Harrow (I live down the next road). Technically i'm barred from there, as I parked the Monster in the beer garden...

Jon_Melson
12-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Mallory Park!
Ooh. Forgot. Anyone doing the track day at Mallory???? I'm desperate to get into it. Had a bike 5 months, and still not given it a beating with the speed stick. Who do I contact to get in to it??? Anyone got a spare van place??? Anyone want to van share etc?????

SteveSki
13-05-2004, 06:43 AM
Barred from the Harrow eh?
arn't we all?!

I would do Sunday but i've just remembered!
I met this new girlie and she's having a house party Saturday night and i've been invited. So I don't intend to be 'out of bed' till late afternoon, if you catch my drift.

Work in Basildon? small world, my pre-new girlie lives there.

But will defo meet up any other time!!

Rach, tonight id cool but only if weather is better and will leave a last post on here before i leave work at 1pm today.

Cheers

Steve

SteveSki
13-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Hey Rachel!

Haven't heard from you but i hope we are still on for tonight as well as anyone else that is turning up.
See you at seven outside The Castle!
I'll be on a yellow monster, chrome lid, carryin a rose, and the secret handshake is.......just kidding.

see you there if you need to call me, do so on 07739 884155.

ciao

:burnout:
Steve

Jon_Melson
13-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Steve, not a problem. As it turns out I've got a race this Sun on the other bike- Honda CRF450. Donj't do a lot of motocross, but when the opportunity is there- you just gotta grab it!
Good luck for Sat!

Runningman
13-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Been grounded for a while; see post "Runningman not running.
With you in spirit.
R

Runningman
13-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Iv'e seen this picture on somebody elses avatar (forget who now) and I swear Kylies tits were bigger!

La la la, la la la la la...

benson
13-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey all - see you at the castle at 7 - its been sunny!!!!!!!!

slob
13-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks Rachel, it's nice to extend my daily commute through the Epping twisties. Nice to meet you Steve.

benson
13-05-2004, 08:37 PM
:-)

Great to meet you Steve and re-meet you Slob!

Glad we had time for a quick ride out- there are some great roads out there waiting to be monstered... Hope to catch up again soon - definitely up for the BMF a week on Sunday - meeting the rest at the DSC stand at 1 from what I can see on the other threads - I'll be heading off from here 10-ish if anyone wants to ride up with me and then definitely on the 6th to the **** Turpin - maybe Steve will have got the cans and anything else carbon he can find by then!!!

Take care folks and lets try to make a regular-ish Essex meet? Always good to play out of an evening...

Rachel (and of course Frank)

SteveSki
14-05-2004, 04:25 AM
I agree, we must go out more often and I appologise for having to run off but as you can see i'm here and have been for half hour already!!

Really nice to meet you both Rachel (& Frank) and you too slob.
(should that be nice to meet the three of you?)

Great picture Slob, I hope thats not going to be used in evidence?! The next big meet for me (unless you'd like to meet earlier - Soufend for chips?!) will more than likely be Wickford on the 6th and yes! after riding behind you both briefly on the way back I MUST get some cans sorted out. (and maybe a few carbon tricks........)

Thanks again

Steve

benson
14-05-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm taking Frank to Dave Wood Racing tomorrow - prepare to lose some serious money Rachel - this is going to be good!!! See you on the 6th folks if not before - I'll be without the bike for about a week or so I reckon!