PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Forks

Shandy
06-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Can anyone help?

I bought my monster in January this year (which had been stood around for a couple of years in a garage - such a waste!) and i noticed last week both forks are leaking a bit of oil onto the shinny part.

Is this easy to sort?

Does anyone know how much it will cost?

And can anyone recomend someone in the Swindon ish area who is good with Ducati's and could do this for me?

Cheers,

Shandy

steviej
06-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Prob talking £20 ish for seals..................

Pedro
06-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Seals should be pretty cheap - I think they're only a fiver or something similar. Supposed to be fairly easy to change too if you can weild a spanner..

I expect Natty's gots some - give it some time, I'm sure he'll latch on to an opportunity to make a buck or two.........

Ped

spacemonkey
06-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Seals are £18. then you should put a new dust seal on too which is a bit less. I think for one leg you would be looking about £80 all in. However, and with these bikes there is always a however, if there are any scratches in the chrome that you can catch a finger nail in, it's gonna be expensive... let me know...

Shandy
07-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Thanks everyone, at least i know what i'm in for. I'll have a look for scratches in the chrome tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

Cheers,

Shandy