PDA

View Full Version : open face helmet

dean
06-05-2004, 08:42 AM
I am trying to find an open face helmet and was wondering if any of you chaps (and chappesses) use one?, i am having a bit of a nightmare trying to find a decent one. I have looked at the roof and davida helemts but, apart from being very expensive (especially Davida!) they make me look like the cannonball kid (well, image is everything).

I am looking for a basic helmet, no peaks,no padding, no visors, no frills and so far, no success.

Does anybody know of their local dealer who sell them or can suggest a website i can look at?

This is becoming a bit of a mare!

Thanks for looking at my thread, big thanks for replying

fatbloke
06-05-2004, 08:47 AM
try these http://www.davida.co.uk/

Migsangel
06-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Dianese does two as well...

One is the d-Jet...standard open face helmet.

The other is the Guerrero Evo I...This helmet allows you to remove the chin guard...therefore being open face and full face a helmet in one.

http://www.dainese.com/flashOK.html

m900uk
06-05-2004, 11:35 AM
http://store4.yimg.com/I/alamo_1791_9471367

:D ........I'll get my coat!

dean
06-05-2004, 12:16 PM
what a helmet!

m900uk
06-05-2004, 12:25 PM
.......does he mean me, surely not.

Joking aside this helmet is for sale along with others of questionable design on an American website.

Ave a look if you like

Silly American Helmet Site (http://www.adamleathers.com/dotcemohe.html)

m900uk
06-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Also ....Dean I recognise that S4 as Kriss's bike from over Worcester way. I think.

Has he bought another monster do you know or moved on?? How are you finding the S4. His original red fairing is on the front of my wifes 600 ..just for your interest of course.

m900uk
06-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Have a look here an all I like the exe fighter helmet on page 2, its cheap too (aven't checked the specs tho).

Helmet Online Shop (http://www.ane-shop.co.uk/prod/catalog/default.php?cPath=31_39&osCsid=4e205355bc229f836e74fd191bbfbaef)

HTH Ian

dean
06-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey, yes it is kriss's s4, i bought it off him about 2 months ago. i love it, it seems like he took great care of it. it's a bit different and (as i am sure know, being an s4 owner) is very quick. Kriss has sadly gone over to the dark side, he now has a CB1300, which he is customising at a rate of knots. i notice you have an s4 challenge, i was looking at getting one til' i saw kriss's s4, how has it been for you?

dean
06-05-2004, 12:57 PM
also, thanks for the helmet tip!, i have actually bought one today (mail order), although the site will come in handy as well!

m900uk
06-05-2004, 01:13 PM
It's not the scariest Duke I've owned (that was a 748) but is a fantastic real world bike. In other words possible to ride comfortably and quickly but not that fast as the wind blast limits sustained top end lunacy.

In my opinion its not as easy on the eye as the air cooled monsters. But (and probably the biggest but) IT IS DIFFERENT!

The challenge race history adds to the bike in my opinion as well, although some are wary of their past, I suppose I don't blame them. The bike as it was sold with the full 2 year warranty is no risk and was fantastic value with all the goodies hanging off it.

It has had some warranty repairs, new fuel tank (paint went funny) rear cylinder cambelt idler pulley sheared off the securing stud and rear master cylinder has dumped all its fluid out (new one in the post)

In short I have had great fun with it.

This years upgrade is stainless (A4) fasteners to combat the winter hair that is growing on the originals.

A Yerbury
06-05-2004, 06:07 PM
I have a closed bieffe but for posing days a black cromwell (30 ish quid) from probly any where. very simple and looks good with shades and "buff" scarf in ninja mode! the davidas only really work IMO if you ve gone the whole rocker mode on a triton or summat.
AY

IpauloGTS
06-05-2004, 06:52 PM
I only use a full-face lid if it's really evil weather. Otherwise its a Davida Jet on the GTS - i'ts great at soundproofing and the Contis sound loud and not deafening that way. Really comfy and well made. The Classic Jet looks more trad. (narrower) but doesn't score so well on the safety front but even I draw the line at the Classic (pudding basin)!! I use an Arai open-face on the Monster so I can hear it - LeoVince pipes.

Main tip is Davida Jet are quite small and I got a large and it's still snug. Fits the same as a medium Arai.

Cheers, Paul.

ps. Anyone know where I might get an Agostini replica full-face? I know Arai did one a few years back. I've looked online but no luck so far.

dean
06-05-2004, 08:30 PM
thanks all. i bought a shadow open face from an ad i saw in back street heroes magazine. fifty quid, sent today to arrive tomorrow so i'll see what it';s like. they said they'll refunf my money if its no good. i spoke to davida today, in my opinion their nicest looking helmet is the speedster, however, as davida mentioned, it is not legal in the uk!, or rather it is but only for trikes etc (does that mean robin reliants also?, no offence to my local hells angels chapter).

if anybody wants to check ou the shadow helemt it is on

www.military.co.uk

spacemonkey
06-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Hey, I got a proper German helmut (ww2) but that's only for riding monkey bikes to take the **** out of badass biker types...

Silvermans military shop sell loads of these open face and retro lids, as well as lovely fetching Belstaff wax gear. Hmmm..... I think they are at the above link, so you probably already know that. Ok, I'll get back in my cupboard and pray for forgiveness...

dean
06-05-2004, 09:12 PM
hey thanks for the tip and yes, the above site is silvermans, where i bought my open face helmet today.

having studied teir site i might now get myself some israeli fatigues and belgian camouflage underpants. cracking value, apparetly on careful owner....

DesmoDog
07-05-2004, 12:44 PM
or you could try http://www.azzurrimoto.co.uk/fighter.htm any of the momos are good, if you don't mind having momo accross your obnce and buying from a scooter shop.

spacemonkey
07-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Had to 'do' a bloke last year who crashed his GSXR at 85mph (in a 30 zone I might add...) and he was wearing one of those nice Momo lids which I have considered buying. His head was mashed-the lid split in the middle.... allegedly.

M900Dom
07-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by IpauloGTS
I only use a full-face lid if it's really evil weather. Otherwise its a Davida Jet on the GTS - i'ts great at soundproofing and the Contis sound loud and not deafening that way. Really comfy and well made. The Classic Jet looks more trad. (narrower) but doesn't score so well on the safety front but even I draw the line at the Classic (pudding basin)!! I use an Arai open-face on the Monster so I can hear it - LeoVince pipes.

Main tip is Davida Jet are quite small and I got a large and it's still snug. Fits the same as a medium Arai.

Cheers, Paul.

ps. Anyone know where I might get an Agostini replica full-face? I know Arai did one a few years back. I've looked online but no luck so far.

I bought Jane a Classic Davida "Pudding basin" in black with silver flames ;)
I love it and quite often nick it during the summer for buzzing round town.
I also have an Agostini Rep.
Made by AGV, on their Q3 shell, so superb Quality, it was a limited edition, released in 97 according to the date stamp in mine.
I have seen others about, including Rider and Pillion in the same lid on the IOM last summer :eek:

HTH
Dom