PDA

View Full Version : Mugello MotoGP

MotoNik
06-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Anyone going? Would be good to see some UK Ducatis on the way there...

Nik

Chris
06-05-2004, 09:40 AM
I'll be riding down. Catching the 10:00 ferry on Wed night, staying in Florence Fri + Sat nights.

fly
06-05-2004, 10:47 AM
We're going too, me on Monster, my husband (Tom) on his RSV Mille and friends on Suzuki :eek:

We're making a bit of a holiday of it with a couple of nights around the Lake Lugano area and then Fri, Sat & Sun nights in a little place near Pontassieve.

I'm really looking forward to this as it's my first big adventure riding my own bike & not as pillion with Tom. Just hope I'm not too slow for them :lol:

So, if you see me wobbling around those mountain hairpins, be nice and give me a wave as you disappear into the distance :D :D

Linda

Pedro
06-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Nic

no one likes smug people with tickets to cool events.........

Ped
:D

MotoNik
12-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Don't worry Ped, you might have the last laugh! At time of writing (three weeks until we leave) my front cylinder head is residing on a chair, at least three feet from where it should be - ON THE BIKE!

Still, give me a few hours and a big serving of good luck, and I'll have it back on tonight....

I'll be looking out for you guys on the way down. We're getting an early chunnel over on June 3rd, riding to Alsace the first night (400 and something mile from Calais, eek!). Next up is San Bernardino (just under 300 miles - much easier!) in Switzerland, and then on to Montainone (about 45 mins west of Florence).

Can' wait to get to Mugello though, it's gonna be mental!

Does anyone know if it's faster to get to Florence from Milan by going Genoa-La Spezia-Pisa, or Parma-Bologna? I'm opting for the more scenic coastal route, although the Bologna-Florence motorway is a blinder.

cheers,

Nik