PDA

View Full Version : Oil cooler fitted to 620

COR
04-05-2004, 09:01 PM
I've fitted an oil cooler to my 620. Last summer the temp was well up into the 120's and was even running up in the late 90's just before fitting on cold wet days. With the cooler fitted it's recently been running at max 85 on the warm days we've had lately. The petrol warning light came on at around 165miles yesterday. I'm impressed. Thank you Spareshack Stu.

dukiwi
05-05-2004, 07:31 AM
Glad to hear it, Caughlin. I've been wondering if this would be worthwhile. My bike runs over 105 almost every time I take it out. Has anyone else done this? Worthwhile?

tony_unn
05-05-2004, 08:12 AM
My bike runs up to 110 cent. and drops down depending on the run, the bikes are designed to run at a certain temerature, can anyone say what an air cooled ducati can comfortably run at.

Is there a need for an oil cooler, in the spring\autumn could the bike be running cool which can be equally as bad for the engine as the oil cannot get around the engine fast enough.

Any thoughts.

COR
05-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Tony,

mail sent with some helpful advice.

With reference engine running to cool, not a chance with a ducati.

We spoke to a friend who is a mechanical engineer (rally driver in spare time) and just flogged a RS2000 , which he built, he recommend this was the best thing we could do for this engine and since we fitted the kit he has remarked on the good quality of it.