PDA

View Full Version : Clocks replaced under warranty

Keabs
30-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Just had my clocks on my 02 S4 replaced under warranty when a lens cracked of it's own accord.

Question is: - The new clocks are set to 0 miles. I asked the dealer why they couldn't set them to the mileage the old clocks were at and got the answer "we're not able to do that".

I would have thought in this day and age with Computers running the world, a Ducati dealer would have a plug-in module that allows them to change the mileage on a set of clocks.

Has anyone been able to get this done? I don't want to be running around with inaccurate mileage on my clocks. . . . :confused:

superlight3
30-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Hi Keabs.

Your dealer is totally correct. The Ducati / Mathesis service computer cannot reset the electronic mileage on your clocks.

It's a security feature, and not even if you sent it back to the factory could they do it for you.

You could put it up on a paddock stand and spend a few days spinning the rear wheel by hand..................

l.t.

invigiator
30-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Do the clocks get the speed from a cable or a sensor?
If it's a sensor, then just hook it up to a signal generator and run the bike at 300mph overnight. OR if it's a cable, then put the end in the chuck of a drill and run that overnight.

Would this be illegal? Probably.

:p

Keabs
30-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Cheers Superlight3 - I appreciate that. I've never had trouble with this dealer in the past and didn't think they would sandbag me, but I thought it wise to double check with you guys. Faith in my dealer is renforced :D (BTW - Riverside in Northampton. Big thumbs up since they became independant from M&P a couple of years ago)

Inivgiator - its a sensor on the rear wheel. Rather than fiddle with the clocks I'll get the dealer to provide some paperwork (stamp in the book) to say they swapped clocks at 3400 miles.

Blimey, just noticed I've done a 1000 miles in my first month on this bike :burnout: it must be fun. . .