PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Has anyone fitted Marving hi level cans?

queen_gpants
29-04-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm having a bloody nightmare fitting my Marving high level exhausts.

These don't have the usual hanger which goes round the can, instead you have a long metal bracket which bolts to the back of the can and then onto the frame.

I can't for the life of me work out where these bolt on! I thought they bolted on underneath the side panels but the holes don't line up.

Stuart at Spareshack is going to try and find some photos as he doesnt know either but I wondered if anyone else has fitted these and they can enlighten me!

I will buy a pint for whoever solves this problem! :)

Pedro
29-04-2004, 04:07 PM
QGP

I've got some cable ties going spare if that helps......

Ped
:D

spacemonkey
29-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Howabout A-Team tape? Just wrap it around the cans and the seat- and hey presto!!

queen_gpants
29-04-2004, 04:18 PM
I think I may well resort to cable ties if only to hold the cans on for the Sunday rideout! :lol:

A Yerbury
29-04-2004, 08:12 PM
you sure they dont fit into one of the bolts through the rubber, frame to foot rest hangers?
ps if taking them of make sure you are sat under the bike to soften impact as side stand goes......(see a previous post!)

thesaxman
29-04-2004, 08:15 PM
the metal bracket fits under the plastic undertray thingy, between it and the frame, at least it does on mine, fitted v nice too.

queen_gpants
29-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by A Yerbury
if taking them of make sure you are sat under the bike to soften impact as side stand goes......(see a previous post!)

LOL very funny, I've got some lovely bruises coming out now! :p

Saxman, thanks for that. I'll try tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Albie
29-04-2004, 10:17 PM
I' m sorry your still having probs .Put mine on tonight .Look a treat. Just got to remount brake reservoir. Too near exhaust for my liking. See piccys. Nice eh !!!

Hope you get sorted before sat and have a great weekend all of you.:D :eek:

Albie
29-04-2004, 10:18 PM
And another .Fuul pic tomorrow hope.:D :D

Albie
29-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Celeste Take some photos and show us the problem. We may be able to help just by seeing components.

thesaxman
30-04-2004, 12:24 AM
if i can sort me camera out...*feckin modern technology* :mad: , i will post a few pics for you me dear..

queen_gpants
30-04-2004, 08:11 AM
Looking good Albie! :D

I'm off out to the garage in a bit to have another go, I won't be beaten by a set of cans! lol

gary tompkins
30-04-2004, 09:22 AM
queen_gpants,

If the worst happens and you have trouble getting them sorted in time for sunday, you could aways drag a pillion up for the run. Just tell them the cans are extra fat grab handles, handwarmers etc... and you've conned yerself a nice set of human pipe supports :twisted:

Has that poxy rain stopped yet?!? I've gotta leave for arrow mill in a couple of hours - ARSE! :mad:

Keabs
30-04-2004, 09:35 AM
I fitted a pair of these recently and will post a few pics in a little while for you. :D

Keabs
30-04-2004, 09:49 AM
Here you go. You need to take off the side panels to get the hangers through the gap, then undo the four bolts highlighted, slide the rails between the undertray and the fixing points, then re-fit the bolts . . . .

:D

http://www.smartgroups.com/picvault/21766026.JPG/100_0200.JPG

queen_gpants
30-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Keabs your a star mate! Thank you, cans are now fitted and sounding absolutely gorgeous!

If you're coming to Arrow Mill on Sunday, there's a drink waiting for ya! :D

Keabs
30-04-2004, 06:01 PM
No worries Celeste - I'll just have a virtual one :D Guinness Cheers, hic!

May C U on Sunday, we haven't decided whether to go or not yet. Got other things in the pipeline to get out of . . .