PDA

View Full Version : Iom Tt 2004

DesmoDom
28-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Hiya Folks,

Is anyone in the UKMOC going to the TT this year.
Reading the write up at www.iomonline.co.im they reckon it's going to better than it's been for the past few years, as the entries are up, over previous TT's.
I've been going for the past 8 years and in that time, I've had some of the best biking experiences in my 30 or so years of riding and along with all of the other entertainment, there's an excellent Tattoo convention, which is well worth a visit.

Baz

walkingpictures
28-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Yep,I will be there although flying over again this year,look out for me on the Central wall in Ramsey,say hello and I will buy you a pint,guess Gary T will be there too.

Kimbo :)

DesmoDom
28-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Sounds good, will you be going to the Tattoo convention and of course a few visits to Bushy's, or is that a daft question:D :D :D

See ya there

All the best
Baz

walkingpictures
28-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Hmnnnnn,might make the tattoo convention,with a near full body suit I damn well oughta ;) ...Bushy's is ok but 'kin busy in the evening,tell ya what,get to Ramsey,say hello,and,like I said,I will buy ya a pint :p

See ya there

DesmoDom
28-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Fairynuff :D :D :D

See Ya

Baz

celt
28-04-2004, 10:02 PM
i'm going over on the 4th sailing from heysham at 1.10am on 5th.

will be leaving on 10th. im going over with a mate on sv and another on zzr and we have his brother in a small van so we can put the camping gear in.

i will look out for u both when i get there

it will be my first time and by god i'm going to enjoy it

bye for now

c u at track day if u are going

DesmoDom
28-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Hiya Celt,
You should enjoy yerself, about the only thing that can mess things up is the weather, but if it don't rain (or even if it does) it'll be a not to be missed experience.
Yes I'm going to the track day, so see ya there aswell.

bbbbb, bbye now !!!

Baz

npotts
29-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Its my first year there too!! I will be on a Monster Mob sprayed 748, so if anyone see's me give me a shout!!
Lets hope the sun is out for the week..

queen_gpants
29-04-2004, 07:24 AM
I'm going on the 3rd from Heysham and returning on the 13th.

I've rented a house on the outskirts of Douglas in Cronkbourne Village (its between Union Mills and Glen Vine) and and we have space for 2-3 people if anyone is interested?

At the moment there is a spare room going with 2 single beds and space on the floor for one more in the lounge. Its £20 per person per night which is a good deal for a house.

There's parking for bikes and easy to get to Douglas in the evening but more importantly its close to the circuit!

Would be nice to swap mobile numbers with everyone although when I went in 2002 our mobiles didn't work so hope that's improved this year!

There'a also a guy from the DSC who has a bike entered in the 400 class, his mate is racing it.

walkingpictures
01-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Not sure if you know this but you have to get your service provider to enable roaming before it works.I am on Vodafone and it works fine on the Manx network.
You're more than welcome to have my number.

DesmoDom
01-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Very true Kimbo, a quick phonecall to your provider and Bob's yer aunty's live in lover. What the buggers did'nt tell me the 1st time I used roaming on the IOM, was that you pay for calls from, as well as to the mainland, or maybe that was just Orange, I'm with T-mobile now (much better coverage). If anyone wants my number PM me and I'll send it. Queen GP, you should'nt have any problem with the spare room, as accomodation is like rocking horse sh*t, especially the closer it gets to the TT (Have you advertised it ?).
Anyway, we'll all have to get together for a natter and a pint.

See ya
Baz

queen_gpants
01-05-2004, 02:15 PM
So far we haven't managed to rent the space out, had 2 people interested then drop out!

Already posted a thread on DSC and I'll post an ad on here

DesmoDom
01-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Celeste, it should go, as there's always someone wanting a place to stay.
Good luck with that one !!!!.

Baz

walkingpictures
02-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Sorry,should have said previously.I am flying out on Friday 4th June and coming back on Saturday 12th June.