PDA

View Full Version : engine not quite right help

celt
26-04-2004, 06:55 PM
well i posted a thread a while back because my new 620ie was making a popping from exhaust when i came down the box into 1st again and as this small pop lost me the power it was a bit scary.

i have had bike into dealer now 3 times and i think its doing it again.

it is also dipping slightly when on tick over. not stalling but almost.

i am going to take it back in to M & S dealership and say im pissed off with this.

have you got any advice on what the problem could be or what i should be saying to dealer.

its not got 2800 miles on it yet

please help

celt
26-04-2004, 07:35 PM
there's never a tech head when you need one.

and then 12 of them arrive. bo**ocks only dreaming

A Yerbury
26-04-2004, 07:51 PM
popping "could" be a loose flange on the exhaust ports as they leave. The steel should be fine at that mileage so Its probly a bolt that needs tightening. same thing with mine, undid the exhaust outs to find only one half locking washer (not the correct term I know!) there should be 2 . touch wood its all air tight now...Ill try find a pic as this is all a bit vague! then again when the next 11 tech heads turn up they will point you elsewhere.......;)

celt
26-04-2004, 07:55 PM
cheers alex.

i just want to go armed with some ideas as M & S dont seem to have a bloody clue.

i will probably take her in tomorrow or wednesday

spacemonkey
26-04-2004, 09:10 PM
I'll second that but I'll call them collets..

A Yerbury
26-04-2004, 09:31 PM
collets syndrome it is then........

nik_the_brief
27-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Wotchya doing taking it to Marks and Spencers though Celt?

tony_unn
27-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear about that, mine has been fine although until I got the new cans air tight they popped slightly.

Not had any bother so I haven't had to call on M&S so I would be interested in how they are when there is a problem.

nid
27-04-2004, 11:50 AM
I've got a small idea where to look - if it is not idling properly and backfiring in all likelyhood it is to do with the mixture and timing setting of the magic ie box. It may be wrong (only marks and sparks ;-) can check) or it may be that it is getting the wrong information from one or more of its sensors on the engine.
Get them to check the sensors first (it may be as simple as one being damp or oily - no I am not joking) or the box itself may actually be faulty. I believe they can be a bit tempramental.

Just an idea........

celt
27-04-2004, 05:03 PM
cheers people :D

tony i'll let you know how good m&s are.
i hope they know what there doing as i dont know where the next ducati dealership is