PDA

View Full Version : De-restricting 33BHP M600s

nik_the_brief
22-04-2004, 10:12 AM
My M600 is fitted with a 33BHP kit.

The restrictor is a 'blade' type device (code number 06-ZDM600M-K25) and according to the Certificate has an outer diameter of 43mm and an inner diameter of 20.5mm. That's all I know about it (save my presumption that it lives somewhere in the carbs!).

I have been told (by many barrack room mechanics) that it should be a ten minute job to remove it. I have no idea where to start looking though.

Has anyone here any advice on how I go about taking the bugger off? :confused:

superlight3
22-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Nick.

I've got a factory Ducati restriction kit here for an M600, but all it does is limit throttle travel (the same as the kit for a Hyabusa does!!!!).

Yours may very well do the same, but as I don't recognise the part number, perhaps you have an air restrictor in the carbs??

If you're handy with a set of spanners, whip off the airbox (errr, not a five minute job), the top of the carbs, and have a poke down the choke tube. You may well find something that needs to be removed!!!

Cheers.

Lee.

nik_the_brief
22-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks Lee - I've a feeling that the kit is restricting the air passage into the carbs thereby reducing their efficiency. I'll go down to the garage this weekend and have a poke around in the top of the carbs.

Having had the tank off a couple of times before I know it's a bit more than a 10 minute job but tinkering around with my bike was one of the reasons I bought her in the first place!

Cheers for the advice!!