PDA

View Full Version : K & N pods

A Yerbury
21-04-2004, 01:44 PM
Im thinking of putting these on, partly cosmetic but mainly as I'm sick of not being able to get to the carbs easily. Plus the filters look cool peeping through where the cheese wedges were!.
I already have a k n lid filter, the square one that fits on the air box but I want the whole ugly thing out. Its also a pain doing up the jubilees on the airbox only to find that they have wound up over the carb lip on the inside grrrr.
So, problems? I know that the box is also the batt container but Im sure mr stanley knife can broker a compromise there.
oh and the recently rediscovered carb warmers also clip to the box. Any real life experinces appreciated.
ta.
Alex.
ps: I know mr ducati suite has a lot on this question , very helpful etc but the advice is a bit "okely dokely ned fanders of the simpsons fame" and he went into the carbs which have already been done.
thanks again.

A Yerbury
21-04-2004, 01:53 PM
oh, m600 94 mikuni s ;)

superlight3
21-04-2004, 04:05 PM
It could be a whole world of hurt.....

The K&N open filters are all very well if you don't ride in the rain (this conversasion doesn't include the normal airbox fitment - just the open cones etc etc), but if you do ride in the wet then the filter elements get drenched, and then no air gets to the engine, then you stop by the side of the road.

I had a Guzzi (no - don't throw me out the club) with open 'bean can' type filters, and as soon as it even looked like water was in the air the engine stopped. Put the OE airbox back on and all was fine.

But otherwise, go ahead. You'll suck up all those small children who poke thier fingers within the frame of your bike.

Cheers.

Lee.

P.S. Did you get the goody bag?

A Yerbury
21-04-2004, 04:15 PM
hi lee, well I too was a bit concerned about that! I mean we've all seen exposed pod filters on old gixers and the like and the nice pdq lady ensured me that due to oil impregnation etc etc all would be ok. thats why I d like to hear from anyone whose bunged one on a monst. Mr ducati suite lives in a sunny place I belive! Im sure I could make some rain/splash guards.

goody bag here, many thanks tho the diameter of the clip ons is a bit diff so there was bodging but all fine now and beer coupons in the postino.
cheers fella.
yerbs.

M900Dom
23-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by A Yerbury
and the nice pdq lady

That would be Emma that would;)
She is responsible for THIS (http://www.supermotech.com) as well ;)

One of the best Supermoto sites on the Net:D

MikeBurns
03-05-2004, 09:18 PM
I installed them on my 98 900 – I followed the Ducati suite instructions to the letter. Made the new battery box, fitted the jet kit …. The result was a complete disaster ! I was never able to set the carb’s up right. The bike always felt like complete sh*t at one point or another not matter how it was set up. In the end I took everything off and put the original equipment back on. If you still fancy a play then I can sell you a set of filters and battery box cheap!

A Yerbury
03-05-2004, 09:25 PM
I think Ill stick with the current set up otherwise I may expose more crap that needs cleaning! cheers anyway mike.