PDA

View Full Version : Bloody MOT

Taman
19-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Hassle, hassle, hassle....

Am based up in Coventry now and just went to Alf Endland Motorcycles to get my first MOT - they are the guys that Ducati Coventry use/recommend.

Well, all is fine with the bike except they can't pass it with my pipes! Of course they're changed - they're the out the side road racing ones. They said that they're just too loud!!

Well, figure I have to put the old pipes on and then have MOT'd then change back again - painful enough, but more so given the original ones are in storage in LONDON!

I don't suppose anyone knows someone that's going to be more realistic about my pipes??

automa
19-04-2004, 03:36 PM
IF S4 cans will fit you could borrow mine.

manc skank
19-04-2004, 04:00 PM
i got the same exhaust, i know there is a sympathetic MOT dude in swansea somewhere if it helps....

Julie
19-04-2004, 04:01 PM
i've got some standard cans you can use for the mot
i'm in loughborough

hog
19-04-2004, 06:24 PM
If you fancied a ride down to Oxford - Dave Clarke just outside the city is very 'understanding' about race cans. His number is 01865 247420 and is a really nice chap.

spacemonkey
19-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Most places will pass it if you take some standard cans in a box with you. So you could try borrowing some and try that?

Taman
20-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks guys.

I spoke to the shop and they said with the exhaust they couldn't even pass it if I took along the standard cans. Bit of a pain! They reckon that the exhaust is particularly loud - louder than the Termis that they would let through.

Spoke to Dave Clarke and he sounded accomodating as well, but couldn't guarantee anything and didn't know the exhaust.

I suppose riding down to Oxford seems like the option for the moment (bit closer than Swansea), but a little nervous that get all the way down there and they'll say sorry it's a bit loud.

Otherwise might have to borry some cans.

Thanks for the offers - hopefully I'll be road legal soon (well at least from a tax standpoint....)

hog
20-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Taman,

I phoned Dave Clarke as well and he couldn't commit to anything on the phone - I guess he doesn't know if you are Vehicle Inspectorate Agency (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) but he was very sympathetic to my bike with the 105dB Sils on - he is far more interested in making sure the bike is safe.

Ironically as I left the test station I set a car alarm off with the exhausts!

hog
20-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh and my no. plate is too small as well!

Ade
20-04-2004, 07:15 PM
I have road racing cans and have passed the mot for the last 3 years, last Friday being the most recent one.

Its in Slough tho PD motors, Elliman Ave 01753 578108