PDA

View Full Version : Panniers

Miki
19-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Will have to take one of my little imps to the bike racing this year. I think I'll need some throw over panniers for all the goodies we take.
Any ideas on who make some that fit?

Migsangel
19-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Ducati make some panniers specifically for Monsters....They are part of their Touring Monster accessories....

Albie
19-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Ive got some saddle bags that fit perfect with standard or race cans and just secure via bungee underneath. They are GEARSACK and they are australian make. Most makes looking through magazines are the same as mine such as oxford etc as long as they slant. Good luck.Good travelling

MotoNik
21-04-2004, 08:34 AM
I recently bought some Oxford Sports panniers (throw-overs) off ebay, and they're really good - thoroughly recommended. Top quality and construction, and I bagged a set of the 2003 style ones for £46 - they're over £100 new in the shops. Well worth a look.

Nik

Billy Bigwheels
21-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Got a pair of the Mandarina Duck bags up for grabs. You can check them out at www.ducati.com - look at the e-store.

Top quality gear which i've got no use for any longer. PM me if you're intrested.
Billy

Runningman
21-04-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi BillyB
Might be interested; what are you asking for them?

Runningman

Runningman
21-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Oops...just noticed they don't fit the S4; sorry

R

jrpdark
07-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Miki

I bought Oxford "1st Time" throwovers form Motorcycle City/Carnell/Riossi (before they went bust!) for about £15 or £20, not sure what full retail is, probably about £30, but I'm sure that you can pick them up cheap from stalls at the BMF or similar.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, they are well made, come with all fixings and and water proof shower cap(!) type thingies, and fiit the Monster fine, with loads of clearance between to bottom of the panniers and the pipes (not got high level pipes have you?).

If (like me) you're going to use them once in a blue moon they are fine.

Good luck

James

PS - get some of that cushioning mesh to put under them though, as they can rub the paint off your sidepanels!

cerebus
07-05-2004, 12:21 PM
I've got the Oxford 1st time ones as well.

They are pretty good, altough one of the waterproof covers split while it was folded up.

They fit pretty secure, but I find they get in the way of the pillion pegs, so I can't use them when carrying a passenger. It might just be the way I fit them, but the indicators get in the way,which pushes them forward.

The Ducati panniers are shaped to fit over the indicators.

Cerebus

Duncan
07-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Anyone with Oxford bags would be wise to check the bungee straps and if necessary replace them. There was a product rectification last year due to these perishing. I have an Oxford Tail pack where one of the bungees snapped, fortunately I spotted it and replaced them with some better straps.

Other than that they seem OK, the covers do split but thats common to many bags.