PDA

View Full Version : Girly question time!

queen_gpants
19-04-2004, 12:04 PM
I need some advice please on the following, I apologise in advance if I'm asking really obvious questions but this is my first monster so I'm a bit vague about things...

I'm fitting some Sil Moto hi level cans

As I'm buying them second hand I may not get fitting instructions, are they easy to fit?
Will the bike need dynojetting?
Will I need to fit a K&N filter?

any advice greatly appreciated

Ta very muchly :D

fatbloke
19-04-2004, 12:12 PM
easy to fit (as long as they are for your model of monster)
no re-jetting
no K&N filter

tony_unn
19-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Check PM

queen_gpants
19-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Thanks for the PM Tony

19-04-2004, 12:45 PM
It depends if you get a fitting kit. Duacti Performance make one for use for use with the DP cans which I'm pleased to say work just as well with the Sil Motor cans. I got Lee at Momstershop to order me a set in, cost about £35.00 and makes the installation very easy. Looks tidy. You'll also need to space the footrests out with alum bushes normally supplied with the cans. Other than that fitting is easy peasy.
Need any help just shout.

Albie
19-04-2004, 01:50 PM
If you cant fit them i will buy them off of you . Tee Hee.

A Yerbury
19-04-2004, 01:54 PM
a k n drop in filter would probably help a bit, they're cheap too.

spacemonkey
19-04-2004, 08:11 PM
And would give that slurping sound under full throttle normally associated with Thai streetworkers.

A Yerbury
19-04-2004, 09:20 PM
A girly question? not at all. by this forums standards that post is positively dripping with testosterone! As you know most post s look like this..
1.where s this?
2.top 5 metaphysical poets
3.My paints all flaky and stuff eeekk!
4.why dont you like my s4? -holds breath and sulks for a month-
5.this is in the wrong forum...
6.why is the date wrong??
7.wheres my avatar?!
:)

Jay
19-04-2004, 11:58 PM
I've got some Sils, they tend to move a bit, which is a bit of a pain, especially as far as the indicators are concerned. I think the DP clamps which have a rubber clamp that goes round the can, should allow the clamp to grip more. Perhaps Lee can get em (I shall ask him myself, for some for me actually!). You shouldn't have to space your rear-sets, as the link pipes are squashed a bit to accommodated the swing-arm, this is assuming you link pipe has a bracked which you can clamp the to the rear-sets, otherwise it will move all over the shop!

Hope this helps a little.

J

queen_gpants
20-04-2004, 06:59 AM
I want to get rid of the pillion pegs and I've also bought one of those bug eye rear fenders to tidy up the rear, can't stand that poopa scoopa thing on the back!

So that'll make a difference to how the cans sit won't it?

netstar
20-04-2004, 08:14 AM
All sounds good.... I really fancy some shot guns.... soooo jealous coz my bloke has just bought some for his VFR.... let us have some piccies when your done ... cheers..... Nettie

Jay
20-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Hmm, are you just going to remove the pegs? If the Sils you get are the same as mine and come in two pieces (a connector pipe and the end can), then you're gonna need to make sure you can secure the connector pipes so they don't shift inwards, or outwards, and start rubbing against the swing-arm. That DP rear light system will sort out the problem of the pipes touching the lights I'm sure.

If you need pics to explain, let me know and I'll drag my sorry arse outside to take some.

J

queen_gpants
20-04-2004, 05:12 PM
No I'm going to leave the pegs as they are for now then when I have some money I'll buy some rearsets.

Fatbloke kindly rang me this morning and explained about fitting rearsets with hi level pipes.

Sounds easy enough but it will have to wait as NattyBoy has cleared out my bank account! lol

spacemonkey
20-04-2004, 09:21 PM
"All sounds good.... I really fancy some shot guns.... soooo jealous coz my bloke has just bought some for his VFR...."

I know a geezer down the pub who has some shotguns you can borrow at weekends, as he only uses them during banking hours. Best thing to use on a VFR....

queen_gpants
21-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Was having a think about rearsets last night.

Am I right in thinking that the monster frame is the same as the 888 or is that only the older monsters, mine is a 2003 model?

If it is then I can take the rearsets off the 888 as they cripple me and stick them on the monster!

Pedro
21-04-2004, 12:12 PM
QGP

Early frames were 888 based but later ones are ST2/4 based I think.

Ped

queen_gpants
21-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Oh poo :( Looks like I'll have to buy some afterall!

queen_gpants
26-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Help I can't fit these cans!

Got them delivered Saturday morning but no spacers included. I emailed Jakko who said he never had them on his bike and that they should just fit on but there's no way the pipe will fit between the footrest and swing arm.

where can I buy the spacers from, I really want them fitted for the rideout this Sunday.

27-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Have you got the spacers sorted out? I've got adecent machine shop so I'll make you (and me) some in stainless if you need some. let me know.
cheers
tim

PS forgot to mention that I can use my alum ones as patterns.

m900uk
27-04-2004, 06:05 PM
they definately need spacing out, Woods sorted mine out but I could measure the spacers for you if it helps.

I reckon that Br1an had the same prob as well.

Let me know if you need me to measure 'em

m900uk
27-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Who's the sulker with the S4

I'll PM you with my thoughts

queen_gpants
27-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Erm...ok you can all have a really good laugh now! I've only gone and bought the wrong cans! :confused:

I rang Stuart at Spareshack to see if he had any spacers and we then realised I had the wrong cans which only fit up to 2001 and obviously my bike is a 2003!

So I'm selling the Sil motors and buying a brand new pair of high level Marving race cans, which I'm picking up tomorrow :D

m900uk
27-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Never mind, hopefully you'll come out of the deal fairly even. Or not?

queen_gpants
27-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Already PM'd Albie who was also interested in the cans, if not I can always bung them on Ebay

The nice thing about the Marvings is that the can and pipe are one piece and they're road legal with a removable baffle for when I want to **** the neighbours off!

m900uk
27-04-2004, 06:21 PM
not an option on the termi's but I reckon a real opportunity there for an add on kit ....I would buy one for going on them long hops.

Dave in USA
27-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by queen_gpants
with a removable baffle for when I want to **** the neighbours off!

Like you need an excuse to **** them Muppets off :eek: :twisted:

:D

queen_gpants
27-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Well I'll certainly be pissing them off on Sunday morning! :twisted:

There's been plenty of net twitching in my road since Felix arrived, I'm sure my neighbours think I'm a drug dealer or something with all the bikes in the garage!

spacemonkey
27-04-2004, 08:45 PM
They're looking on in admiration. I reckon a good loud wheelie is what they want to see. The good thing about loud pipes is that it tells them when they can get their visual treat...