PDA

View Full Version : drowned clocks

MotoNik
19-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Hi Folks,

Forgive me for asking - this relates to my SSie, but as this is the best source of Ducati advice on the net I thought I'd give you a try...

Riding home along the M4 last night my clocks decided enough was enough and the tacho, temp guage, idiot lights, back lighting, plus indicators all stopped working. I think the tail light may have stopped too.

I'm guess it's probably just drowned electrics - I've checked the fuses and all are ok. Tonight I'll check all the connectors, although I'm kind of hoping it might have all dried out by then!

Any advice on where to look, or possible causes would be appreciated.

cheers,

Nik

Pedro
19-04-2004, 12:15 PM
I think you need a big can of WD40!!

The Monnys have a big connector going in the back of the clocks that doesn't look well sealed, I'd start there.

Ped

superlight3
19-04-2004, 12:40 PM
It sounds to me like a major fuse has blown..

Or as Pedro says, a huge tin of WD40 and an hour's worth of spraying might be in order.. :eek:

Cheers.

Lee.

MotoNik
20-04-2004, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the tips guys - turns out it was the 7.5a fuse after all - it was only on closer inspection that I could see it had gone (I didn't spot it with a quick check at the side of the in the p***ing rain!).

Not sure why it blew, although it might have been as a result of repeated flashing my main beam at some knobber in a Primera who pulled in front of me on the dual carriageway doing 20mph less than me, and then proceded to switch his fog light on!

Nik