PDA

View Full Version : paint job

netstar
16-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Hello peeps ..... have been working hard to get the bike looking nice...removing spiders from behind the rear light!, now would like to get it looking special..... Has anyone seen carbon done with coloured laquer??? Or has anyone had this done... I know some of you think that carbon is out o fashion but the dark looks alot better with a few bits on. I have got my self a little screen for the front, as long runs are a bit much on the arms and neck !! ta for looking Nettsienoo x

jason cursley
16-04-2004, 10:31 AM
I had my carbon bodywork painted by a company called MRS in Ilkeston near Nottingham 0115 944 7666 ask for Les. The quality of thier work is outstanding, well worth the journey. I would have no probs recommending them.

Good luck with the project.

A Yerbury
16-04-2004, 03:24 PM
should look nice, carbon benefits without looking like, well, carbon!

DesmoDom
16-04-2004, 03:49 PM
There was a Buell (forgive me for mentioning one on here) at last years Bristol Bike Show and that one had coloured laquer on his carbon, but it had the Aluminium weave in it and he had it done in orange laquer, to match the rest of his bike, that with the Electric Blue on the frame created a fantastic effect.

Baz

netstar
16-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks for your response to this thread... sounds good so far. Have a guy here in sheff who did a super job on the 620's tank. Have now sold the 620 and felt really sad to see it go as it was my first bike.....boohoo... Just keep going out to the garage to work on 900 and we are making friends. It's amazing how personal these things become! Nets x