PDA

View Full Version : M1000 Ride Height.

markwade
15-04-2004, 03:24 PM
I've noticed that when I "press on a bit" on my M1000 that I have started to deck the bobble on the end of the side stand, I've increased the preload on the shock a bit in an attempt to lift the back end but don't want to overdo this as I dont want the handling to suffer. I'm told that the ride height adjuster can be adjusted without supporting the rear end of the bike but on initial inpection I can't see how to get any spanners in to loosen the lock nuts let along adj the ride height. Has anyone had similar experiences and overcome them? also, I was thinking of about a 10 - 15mm increase in ride height, does this sound about right?, any info will be greatfully received.
*****Cheers*****

pooh
15-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Mark
Yes it is a fiddly job but can be done without support but if you are looking at a 10 to 15mm increase in ride height were are you measuring to because a small increase on the adjuster makes a large increase on ride height. As far as i am aware the rose joints on the ends of the tie rod are opposite threads to each other so by slackening of both lock nuts you just need to rotate the rod itself in or out.

Ian

CK & AK
15-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Ian - no rose joints on the 1000 (didnt have them on the 750ie either) gone since the ie models came out mate.

Me - just had to get mine a bit shorter!:D

C
x

markwade
19-04-2004, 06:26 PM
M1000 ride height Update.....managed to adj the ride height by grinding down a 19mm spanner to get in to the locknuts and adjusting rod/linkage, like you said Ian a bit fiddly but I got there in the end.

ps, ck & ak, rose joints are fitted at either end of the shock linkage

CK & AK
19-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Doh!

That was me (CK) - I meant rose arm!

Sorry idiot rider here:D - tis AK that is the mech in this house - and you can see why!;)

C

pooh
19-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Charlotte
Get back to the sink were you belong and let us blokes talk about the technical stuff. Alan no wonder it took you so long to get your bike done with help like you've got.

Ian

Now very scared

walkingpictures
19-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Pooh....think you are in deeeeeep...um...sorry..pooh now....get ready to be flamed....

Kimbo :) .........bloody Belgian beer,hic

CK & AK
19-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by pooh
Charlotte
Get back to the sink were you belong and let us blokes talk about the technical stuff. Alan no wonder it took you so long to get your bike done with help like you've got.

Ian

Now very scared

BE VERY VERY VERY SCARED IAN - I'll be seeing you Fri week - tell Lorraine to bring LOTS of painkillers!:mad: :twisted:

C

John Munn
13-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Ride Height have you adj it, and by how much? do you feel any diff

markwade
13-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi Munster,
I initially raised the side stand bobble by 10mm measured from the floor with the bike on a paddock stand, I found that this was too much ie I could only touch the floor with my toes (short arse that I am) and the bikes lean ange whilst on its side stand was a bit much so I backed the adj to 5mm, added a bit more rear preload and am now happy. Had a chance to test mine back to back with standard settings the other day as I had an M1000 on loan whilst mine was in for service, standard settings seem v-soft in comparison so I would recomend having a twiddle. Let me know how you get on.

Regards, Mark.