PDA

View Full Version : power supply?

MotoNik
13-04-2004, 07:11 AM
Hi All,

Ok, I've got a 900ss, but i'd have thought there would be similarities.... Well I hope so anyway.

I'm fitting an Autocom intercom and need a 12v supply, and wondered if there's an available source in the loom. I've heard that there might be provision for this in the loom somewhere, but so far I can't seem to find anything.

Any tips would be appreciated.

cheers,

Nik

Pedro
13-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Nik

can't you take a spur off the battery and include a fuse? You could probably use an Optimate cable -I can do you a mating connector I think if needs be.

Ped

MotoNik
13-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi Ped,

The manufacturer recommends taking a supply from elsewhere - something like the rear light, so that you have the ability to turn the unit off (by turning the lights off - i always ride with them on, so that suits me fine).

Alternatively I may tap in to the feed for the rear brake light switch, as recommended by a sparky bloke at work.

cheers,

Nik

Catch you later Ped!

superlight3
13-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Tweak-of-the-week may be to use the later ST series power take-off bracket and 'cigar-lighter' output and rig it into a direct supply from the battery.

It should look factory-fit (always a good thing) and you can just unplug the connector when you jump off the bike.

Cheers.

Lee.