PDA

View Full Version : cant get the pooer cap'n!

manc skank
11-04-2004, 06:47 PM
hi peeps,

yet again i am asking for help :rolleyes:
started dookie up this afternoon to go to work and she is only firing on one cylinder, the front one.

tried both plug caps on the top cylinder, no joy

tried both on the front, only fires on one.

can anyone give me a clue? bike has just had a full service and new plugs. not being too savvy im thinking battery or coils?

need to get this sorted before tomorrow night to get to work :eek:

any advice appreciated :D

cheers,
rick.

manc skank
11-04-2004, 08:16 PM
no ideas?

even what i should start poking at?

m900uk
11-04-2004, 08:25 PM
I've posted a thread here follow the link it has some pointers.

Poor starting and one cylinder thread (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6269)

rgrds

spacemonkey
12-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Scank, check and double check the connectors to the ignition modules next to the coils. I think the rear one is to the right. You could try swapping the ignition module plugs over (both sets) and seeing for a spark. This will give you an idea if it is module (or pickup coil) related. If you switch modules and the good plug still fires then the modules/pickups are ok. If the good module doesn't make the bad plug fire then it could be a duff ignition coil. If this is the case, try swapping plugs to make sure that the circuit you are testing has a good plug. Have you tried with your old plugs if you still have them? Or swap plugs over? I had some new plugs last year and had same prob. Turned out one plug was duff.

manc skank
12-04-2004, 08:29 PM
thanks for the replies guys!

found the problem.... turns out the new plugs were fouled by the rich running FCRs... this is why bike was running No.7 plugs instead of No.9 to compensate! so when bike was serviced and 'correct' No.9 plugs put in everything went pear shaped!!!!

now.... if anyone can tell me what jets i need for a 750, standard apart from 39mil FCRs and a Road Racing under engine exhaust, i would be 3 pints grateful :D :D :D