PDA

View Full Version : Daft question...S4 fuel filter

Bob Dixon
10-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Heres a daft question...where does the fuel filter live on an S4? My haynes manual covers 916 but not the S4. I know that the filter lives in the tank on the 916 but can`t locate it on my S4.
Thanks, bob

DesmoDom
11-04-2004, 12:57 AM
Bob,
Send me your e-mail address and I'll mail you the page out of the factory manual, cos I've tried all ways to send it to you but it's either too big, or not the right format, I've changed everything and it still don't work.

All the best
Baz

pooh
11-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Bob
The fuel filter is in the tank on all injected monsters as per the 916 etc suggest some nitrile gloves and decent barrier cream cos that unleaded plays hell with your skin. Also be carefull to refit the breather pipes properly otherwise you can come back to the bike sat in a pool of fuel.

Ian

Bob Dixon
11-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Baz,
thank you for your kind offer to post the relevant page out of the manual. If its not too much trouble I would be pleased to recieve it .. email is bob@windcheetah.co.uk I`m really curious to see how this is going to work. Ducati Manchester have flogged me a fuel filter which appear to be bigger than any orifice in the tank.
2nd daft question. I`m trying to clean the gauze oil filter. I`ve undone the access plug and the gauze filter is now visible. It has a 14mm hex in it. I`ve assumed that this is to facilitate unscrewing it but it seems very reluctant to come out. Is it a normal right hand thread? The bike has only done 1,000 miles and this is the first time the filter has been accessed....ie it`s not been butchered or overtightened by anybody.
Change of subject; I`ve just devised a very neat screen mount for my S4 which cures the annoying vibrating at speed. If anybody wants to see how its done drop me a line and I`ll email a photo to you.
Bob