PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Cylinder

Pedro
10-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Hi All

finally got the leaking clutch slave cylinder sorted thanks to Natty's Independant Traders!

As many of you will already know, early Monsters (900's) have the crappiest designed slave cylinders known to man. It gets a full dose of snot off the chain and consequently doesn't last. I've been through three sets of seals in six months. So.....

if you wanna cure this, get a slave cylinder from a 748/998 Duke - it's properly sealed. You'll also need the longer clutch pushrod from the same model. I also fitted an o ring between the cylinder and crankcases (about 10mm diameter x 3mm thick) to protect the pushrod.

Not a difficult mod but takes flipping ages to bleed the air out!

Ped

steviej
10-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Pedro
Hi All
I've been through three sets of seals in six months.

Ped

**** me, I thought I had a prob. with our woolie lamb friends...........
Baaaa
Baaaa
NON- REFLECTIVE FRIENDS,
'ave ewe any wool. Yes Sir , Ye.............................

Pedro
11-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Oh, ha bloody ha!!

Have you nothing better to do?

:D

Ped

Elmo
11-04-2004, 07:13 AM
Pedro how much dose this mod cost. I think mines on its way out to.

NattyBoy
11-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Dave..£60ish for the cylinder..ive got 2 left (new) @ £45....give me shout if you want it mate..

Chers
Nat

Elmo
11-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Natty can you PM me with your details for payment.Do i need the longer push rod as well?

spacemonkey
11-04-2004, 09:32 AM
Yes you do, without a doubt. And the ickle o-rings that go on it-there's two on the port side. I bought one of Delboy's and I think they are so much better designed. I would say that anyone with an early style slave should change it.

Ped, I'm not quite sure what you mean by the large O-ring, but I'll check the computer at my Duc shop. Does it fit inside the little circular cutout on the inner end of the slave around the pushrod orrifice?

Pedro
11-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by spacemonkey

Ped, I'm not quite sure what you mean by the large O-ring, but I'll check the computer at my Duc shop. Does it fit inside the little circular cutout on the inner end of the slave around the pushrod orrifice?

Yes

Ped

NattyBoy
11-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Dave..details Pm'd..1 left if anyone wants it..

Cheers
Nat