PDA

View Full Version : Report of Easter Sunday mega meet

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Easter Sunday Meet at Box Hill

Weather was dry for the big joint UKMOC & DSC meet at Box Hill – even a few of the DOC popped in too.

Over a period of a couple of hours bikes just rumbled in totalling 97 Ducati’s by 12.30! There may have been more after we left, but stopped counting by then.
The bikes ranged from the standard & custom 600’s – to the S4R in the Monster range & the 748 through the SS, ST, 8**’s, Multi strada to the 9**’s range. There was even a rare 749 dark. Also seen was a Hailwood replica, a Bostrom bike & a Hodgeson rep – and AK’s thing – which didn’t know which side of the fence to park on!

Faces too numerous to mention in the UKMOC, but I’ll try:
CK & AK
Fodder
PD
Muttley
Spacemonkey
Didge
Boozy Bob
Doug (DRC)
Fatbloke
Le Marsu
Tim
The 2 who came to lunch (I forgot your names!)
Simon S4
Sazza
Slob & mrs
Queen GP
Brownie
Melnie Mouse
Collie Dog
Harley
James (Jamcoly)
Jim
Mike S4
Jay
JMo
Runningman
Rob
Craigie
Tjay
Tony
Nattyboy
Also:
Lady rider on M750 with blue flip flop paint
2 x S4 riders – forgotten your names! - and probably others too!!!

A very good turnout for both clubs – and the UKMOC did as they usually do – went to a local pub for a good scoff & a beer.

CK

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 02:03 PM
A pic

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 02:04 PM
A nuvver

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Guess what - another!

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Pic

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Pic:

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 02:09 PM
another

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Last one for the moment - but hope to get sent a couple of big group pics from Fordie of the DSC

Jay
10-04-2004, 02:59 PM
Cool to see you chaps again. Sorry couldn't come for lunch. Bogged down with work, and on Easter too!!! But glad I made the effort, cos there were some many lurvely bikes!!

queen_gpants
10-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Good to meet you all and finally put some faces to names...what a great turn out!

Had a good run home and the roadworks on the M25 weren't too bad on the way back.

I hope to make the Monster weekend assuming I've found a bike by then!

spacemonkey
10-04-2004, 03:22 PM
****! ****! ****!!! I forgot about the 'safety' cameras on the M25 gantries between the A3 and the roadworks. Finger's crossed.....

Chased a 748 on the A40 on the way back til he wussed out at 100, then I went past and gave a little wave...

PD, was going to have a chat and look at your bike but when I returned you had all gone! Will have to catch you again-cool bike!

fatbloke
10-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Great Turn out, Great Day
Thanks to all involved

Any pics of the stranded Rolls?

spacemonkey
10-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Ha ha!

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 04:48 PM
For those who dont get there, here is a link to the DSC pics - scroll down the the 5th post, as Fordie has included some group shots too.

http://ducatisportingclub.com/control/boards/viewthread.php?tid=8025

C

ps - Spacey - those cameras work - so give it 14 days mate:(

gwyndaff
10-04-2004, 06:23 PM
My first ride out to a UKMOC meet (I'm the big ugly one in the Alpinestars leathers drooling over Kylie - "Kylie went to Box Hill.jpeg")
Got lost a couple of times on the way down (If I could only get out of bed early enough to meet up in Alton!!?? :D)

Its weird but I knew loads of your bikes but none of you lot! I'm sure everyoune feels the same on their first meet.

And I've just realised how shabby my bike is looking compared to most of the machines there today :(

Anyway hope to meet up again in the coming months.

CK & AK
10-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by gwyndaff

And I've just realised how shabby my bike is looking compared to most of the machines there today :(

Anyway hope to meet up again in the coming months.

Gwyndaff - you obviously didnt see Dougs yellow whizz mobile (M600) - as is trying to go for the grubbiest bike of the year comp!:D :eek:

Hope to see you at the next regular meet - now you know where it is. (10.30, for ride into North Hants, 2nd Sun in May). Otherwise, the Mass rideout on May 2nd.

C:)

Nigel C
10-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Only managed to say hello to CK and AK and a few other DSC members before I had to go again sorry i didn't say hello jmo although i did spot you coming out of bury hill as i went past on my way home and then again as you left me trailing in your wake along the A27 :burnout:

I could have gone faster and blown smeagal into the weeds but i was tired and thought i'd give it miss this time :p honest;)

spacemonkey
10-04-2004, 08:34 PM
CK, I just found out when the Weekender is and it's the same weekend I'm doing the Vintage Motorcycle Club Bi Annual run, which has had a previous promise, so I won't be able to make it after all. However I might become more sociable this year...

browny
11-04-2004, 12:05 AM
First meet and good to see you all. Met too many people (plus I'm cr*p with names) so forgive me-I'll get badges made (nice!).

I don't know what the weather did at Box Hill but I shot of to Worthing then Brighton and the sun came out.

Obviously couldn't go home then so went to L'hampton, Bognor, Hayling Island, Southsea, Portsmouth then home via Chichester and A276(?). Has to be my favourite biking roads around here.

Eventually got home 7.30pm ish-ringing in ears (despite plugs) and sore shoulders.

However assuming the sun comes out to play again I'll be on the Duke and off to Brands tomorrow.

Hope to see some of you there!!

Later

queen_gpants
11-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by CK & AK
Gwyndaff - you obviously didnt see Dougs yellow whizz mobile (M600) - as is trying to go for the grubbiest bike of the year comp!:D :eek:

I actually had someone ask me if there was water where I lived?

I didn't click what he was on about for a second until he pointed to my very dirty bike...how embarassing!

I thought everyone was looking at my bike cos its a 888 now I know they were all commenting on the state of it!

I will clean today I promise!

NattyBoy
11-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Great day...(even if you did forget to put my name on the list charlotte :mad: :lol: :lol: )

Celeste - lost you on the ay home - sorry mate !!!

See you all soon..just leaving for a monster mini meet with Billy Bigwheels, Pedro, JR Spacemonkey etc) - god im popular with the missus at the moment !!! The lawns will have to wait !!!

Nat

queen_gpants
11-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Its ok mate I got stuck behind some old duffer in a BMW and not knowing the road I was rather reluctant to do any erratic overtaking manouveres!

Hopefully see you in a couple of weeks when I take the 888 down to your bloke in Bristol.

spacemonkey
11-04-2004, 09:57 AM
"Gwyndaff - you obviously didnt see Dougs yellow whizz mobile (M600) - as is trying to go for the grubbiest bike of the year comp! "

He'll never beat mine, oh no....

stuartg
11-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Box Hill was my 1st meet and an enjoyable one. I was with my mate Dave, a DSC member on a 750ss. It was good to chat to some people with similar interests ie Monsters and we were made to feel welcome. The lunch venue was interesting, I am contemplating growing a beard and getting myself one of those nice leather waistcoats with a pretty picture on the back, so I can park out front. I am looking forward to future meets.
Thanks to all those involved

BoozyBOB
11-04-2004, 10:44 AM
well done all...
great turn out from UKMOC..and an 'interesting' ride out to the pub...
looks like you got home ok Natty-Boy...sorry for the slow pace..but at least you could see Hampshire....and a big thanks for creating the 'escape' route when i nearly had interface with car over Hogs Back...

BoozyBOB
11-04-2004, 10:47 AM
and just some who made the trip...
(hopeless with names..but you know who you are..)

SazzaG
11-04-2004, 08:31 PM
Excellent day out! Fantastic turnout at Box. I reckon Monsters accounted for nearly half the bikes there.

As usual, it turns out that there were some UKMOCers that I've never met, but I didn't know who you were! Never mind, we could do with those name badges you talked about, PD! (And don't forget the Chavscum Monster either...)

Good to meet a few new guys though, and a few that I hadn't seen for a while as well (Fodder, Collie and JamesT to name a few). Nice lunch, great ride back to Bury Hill for hot chocolate. Nearly managed to lose Jamcoly and Robht on the A283. Not that me & JMo were on a mission, or anything like that. We just like roads without 40mph limits (hehe).

Why hasn't anyone put up pictures of the Rolls/hedge hybrid yet?

Saz

LeMarsu
11-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Nice to have nice weather back... and going out with the UKMOC group....

Soon the weather will be good enough for me to wear my Jean Flares, to make CK and JMo happy again.

LeMarsu

JMo
11-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Nigel C
sorry i didn't say hello jmo although i did spot you coming out of bury hill as i went past on my way home and then again as you left me trailing in your wake along the A27

Aha! - you know I wondered if that was you?! - did give you a little wave as I went past (but it was only an ikkle wave, as I was fast aproaching the ton at that point and was hanging on for dear life!) - presumed you were taking it easy as your turning was coming up anyway wasn't it? (that would be a far more plausable excuse mister... xxx)

Trust the 748 is running sweetly again now?

See you soon N...

As for the rest of you - great to see so many faces - especially those who travelled from far and wide - and great to see so much food at the 'duck (and available for once?!) - nice run home with the Sussex stragglers, and a warming cuppa at Bury of course! See you all again soon I hope...

xxx

JMo
11-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by SazzaJ
Why hasn't anyone put up pictures of the Rolls/hedge hybrid yet?

Wasn't it Robht who had one in his camera? - I'll send him a PM to post it up - priceless!

xxx

Fodder
12-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Ooooeeeerr,
I got my camera out ready, but the helpful buggers had it back through from whence it came.
Nice to see you all again and some who we hadn't met. Sams bike stopped again but I think we've finally got to the bottom of it:o
Cheers to Didge for following us home so we could keep an eye on Sam's bike.

See you all at the W/ender.

(CK cheques in post)

CK & AK
12-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Link to picture of roller 'hedge-crashing' the event!

http://ducatisportingclub.com/control/boards/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=8025&pid=65722

:D :D

C

NattyBoy
12-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Might have missed this on the forum (I didnt see it there either)..but whats the story with the roller then ??!!! Someold fart hit the accelerator instead of the brake or summat...?!

Nat

CK & AK
12-04-2004, 09:32 AM
Not quite sure Natty - but heard a loud crash - as said roller came shoving its way through the hedge.
Lots of peeps rushed to either move bikes out of its possible path - and also to try to stop it coming rtight down the bank.

Looked like the driver forgot the handbrake, as there was no-one in it. The driver must have returned quite quickly to the car then it wheelspan on the wet grass & needed lots of bods to shove it back.

Made for a heart stopping moment for some with bikes so close to the potential 'slide' path :eek:

C

Kev Bunney
12-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Knew J Mo was famous and all that but did`nt know she could afford a Rolls Royce :D does she chuck all her vehicles at the scenery ;)

SazzaG
12-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Kev Bunney
Knew J Mo was famous and all that but did`nt know she could afford a Rolls Royce :D does she chuck all her vehicles at the scenery ;)

:D :D :D :D

Oooh, you're a brave man, Kev.

Chris
12-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Sorry I didn't make it, sounds like an excellent turnout.

I was too busy learning how to do scarey big jumps and stuff on a motocross track!

JMo
12-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Kev Bunney

Ha ha ha - that's why I bought the XR of course!

xxx