PDA

View Full Version : Back by popular demand the Evening Road Runs

Duncan
08-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Please note the Glos Monsters Evening ride outs are back by popular demand. Last year we had in excess of 20 bikes on several runs and visited a few interesting hostelries.

Meet up Wednesday 14th April at 7.30pm at The Waggon and Horses, Thrupp, Stroud.

Waggon and Horses Map (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=385000&Y=205000&width=500&height=300&client=public&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&scale=100000&multimap.x=186&multimap.y=165.y=165)

Weathers bound to be good and the roads are great for a trundle.

Duncan

Duncan
11-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Nat

Dont forget those bits on Wednesday night.
I am coming down from Rutland that evening so my arrival time is a little dependant on traffic on the A46 but I shall be there. We'll have a spin round before it gets dark.

Julian & Karen will be out too and JRs up for it.

What about Moon, Kev and the rest?

Zimbo
12-04-2004, 07:38 AM
I will try to make it Duncan, provided I get finished in time at work.

JR
12-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Thats tomorrow evening for anyone like me who has lost track of what day it is due to the Bank Hols.

JR

Duncan
12-04-2004, 07:48 PM
JR

This is the time of year when we find out whos really got a bike and who the fantasy bikers are.

I was surprised how many fantasy posters there were last year mate!

JR
13-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Dunc,
Yep you are right - UKMOC - DOC - it seems to be me and thee, rain or shine. I think I will get a Harley - I see loads of them on the roads - what do you think ?

The weather looks great to-day, so dont bring the rain down from Leicester to-night.

JR
Still looking for a 900 actually

NattyBoy
14-04-2004, 04:53 PM
I have a lovely 600 fully tricked up with ohlins, magnesium wheels, trick paint, rearsets, 150hp motor...but unfortunatley im washing my hair tonight so I cant come out

:lol: :D

See you on the hairdryer about 7.30 then !! (cant stay out long as only just made up with wifey after rowing all weekend!)

P.S Good hoon about Jim on Monday eh ?? Rode those roads quicker than I ever could of on big bruvver 888 !!!

moon
14-04-2004, 09:49 PM
sorry guys

just turned the puter on for first time in weeks

seems i was 1 day to late

just got a new back tyre aswell

may it is then

moon:burnout:

Duncan
15-04-2004, 06:23 AM
Well, we managed 4 ACTUAL Monster's, an SS and a Varadero though JR promptly turned round to go to Santander via Dover!!.

I was late down from Oakham but after a 130 mile thrash got to the Waggon in time for the ride.

Everyone seemed to enjoy their blast bar me, I couldnt concentrate too well, an evening rides a bit much after already having done 300 miles on the bike but it was good to see you all out again. Julian was in fine form on Karens 900 and Natty, thrash that bike to death or what?

Finish off in the Waggon waiting for the virtual bikers to turn up.

See you lot soon.

I havnt heard from COR if she wants to do a Cheddar meet on the 25th April and am away for a few days now. Otherwise we will have a ride up to the UKMOC weekender on the Maybank Sunday.

Julie
15-04-2004, 06:30 AM
do you stay over in leics duncan?

if so let us know we could meet up

NattyBoy
15-04-2004, 09:06 AM
"Natty - Thrash that bike to death or what?":D :D

Billy Bigwheels said I was hooning a bit when we went out on monday !!!! Maybe im having my mid life crisis early..!!!!

No probs about cheddar as im in scotland now anyway...but would like a trip down there at some stage..havent been for years and I could stock up on some scrumpy !!

Nat

Duncan
15-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Julie

I sometimes stay over in Oakham, often just commute it.

Nat

I'm off to Hong Kong and China now so will give you a mail when I get back next week

Banshee
15-04-2004, 01:31 PM
I want to be off to Hong Kong and China:(

JR
17-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Well done guys - sorry I had to dash off. Just out of interest, driving into Spain from France towards Santander the outside temperature reached 24C. Sunshine all day. Jumped out of my van bunk at 5am on the seafront in Biaritz.
Nat, Bank Holiday Monday was good fun - the rest of my week was not bad either.
I must get a life!

JR

m900uk
28-04-2004, 06:26 PM
same 'ol baiting tactics some things never change. I'll get the bike out when and only when the sun promises to shine!!!!

Duncan
28-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Reel them in JR!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

JR
29-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Dunc,

Is a Veredero, or a 900SS a Monster?
If you want me to reel them in you will have to give me a clearer picture, or better still, get some stick on Monster Labels for anyone who turns up.

JR

Duncan
29-04-2004, 09:28 PM
JR
Its a sad thing that with 400 people online that if we manage 45 people on Sunday at a National meet we will have done well. Bearing in mind that half of those are staying over, that leaves about 20 people riding in. Considering Stratford is 2 hours ride from about 300 of those 400 then its a reflection on how apathetic people are especially when the date has been set for 12 months.
Theres at least 20 riders live within 30 minutes of the Arrow Mill, yet we wont see more than a handful of them.

People want a club, they want a forum, they want shows, trackdays, ride outs, pub meets, they want it for nowt, they want avatars so they can see themselves, but when it comes to getting their lazy arses out of their armchairs to support events then you soon find that only 10% of the club put anything back. Its not just this club, its a general thing but its also the reason why people stop bothering to organise events.

I dont spose this rant will change a thing but it would be nice to see 100 Monsters at Arrow on Sunday, come rain, come shine. After all, whats a bike for if not getting out and riding it?

m900uk
30-04-2004, 07:34 AM
.........and theres mad dogs in Worcester!!

Dunc, your right of course and I fully appreciate yours and others like you with the effort expended. I also appreciate your sense of humour.

A genuine heartfelt thanks..........honest!

rgrds Ian