PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Monstershop

07-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Got really cheesed off with my M900. Started easily, and fine on throttle above 5500rpm but below, soon started misbehaving - coughing and popping and backfiring and spitting back through the intakes and running like a pig and getting on my tits and farting and really pissing me off and I'm going to kill it soon kind of pissing me off style thingy. Grrrrrrrrr.

Lived with it for a wek or so, just put it down to "the Ducati Experience", I think they call it character or something. Finally about to put a match in the petrol tank when thought I'd let Lee at Monstershop have a play with it.

He picked it up this morning, phoned back within an hour asking how on earth I could have been riding it like that. "It's a Duke, they're all like that Sir" I only half jokingly replied. "Well it's fooked" he answered.

Anyway, he tracked fault down to failed oil temperature sensor, mucking up the fuel injection/ECU. He didn't have a new one in stock so pinched one out of his own bike just to get me back up and tunning. How good is that.

He brought the bike back this afternoon and it's a sweet as a nut. :D Went the long way home on the way from work. Love it.

So full marks to Lee. Knows what he's doing, nice bloke, great service. Ta!

Pedro
07-04-2004, 10:01 PM
I'll second that! Lee is a top geeza and very helpful. Imust have asked a load of questions and he's always helpful.

I really must buy him a pint sometime......

Ped

07-04-2004, 10:06 PM
I think you'll find that it's a pint (or a litre) of Banrock Station :D