PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Bolts

Pedro
05-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Howdy Team!

for all you good folks out there who are sick and tired of scabby italian bolts, here's my list of bolt sizes etc so you ca go shopping for some nice stainless steel ones.

It's loads cheaper to go to your local fastener company than Probolts or the like. Best to go for A4 Stainless as it's high tensile and polishes better.

One other thing - mines an early M900 so probably best to double check before parting with hard earned cash etc.

The following posts show some piccies of bolt locations etc. If anyone is struggling to find bolts let me know as I have a good source.

Just working on the titanium ones now but they're really fecking expensive!!

Ped

Pedro
05-04-2004, 09:27 PM
RHS engine case

Pedro
05-04-2004, 09:29 PM
LHS engine case

Pedro
05-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Handlebars and stuff

Pedro
05-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Headlight area

Still working on a few other bits and willpost when done

Ped

manc skank
05-04-2004, 10:15 PM
very cool, thanks Ped :D

Overipe&Keen
06-04-2004, 06:58 AM
Thanx El Pedro Very useful!! I'm getting my local fastening Comps. to price up the list. I'll let people know if the prices are looking good.

Pedro
06-04-2004, 12:19 PM
I think I paid about £30 all in so pretty cheap.

Ped

Didge
06-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Nice job you've done there Ped, and much appreciated by many I think. It's nice when someone spends time on something like that to share with the rest of us.
OR......are you just a no-mates?
Either way, I owe you a pint mate, cheers!

Pedro
06-04-2004, 05:19 PM
No Problemo Didgey!

happy to help but I must admit it weas a bit cold sitting in the garage with the laptop!

Got some other stuff in the pipeline which I'll share in due course. Payment is acceptable in liquid form!:D:D

And yes, I do have some mates too, I just think I like my bike better!!!

Ped

spacemonkey
06-04-2004, 05:30 PM
Ped, do you have measurements for your braided hoses (brakes and clutch) or did Busters just know? Also, what brand are they and are they plastic sleeved? And finally, how mauch were they all in? Ta..

Pedro
06-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Spacey

Busters knew the lengths to supply although I did go to a two line system on the front and lost the splitter from behind the head light.

All hoses are Goodrich and I went with Cadmium plated fittings - each line was £11 plus copper washers and banjo bolts. They are not plastic covered so I've used spiral wrap to prevet chafing!

A word of warning on the banjos - the ones supplied to me bottomed out in the caliper thread before they clamped the hose fitting so I used the old ones instead.

If you need it, I could measure them as they were a little long if truth be known but it does give options for routing.

Ped The Technical

Pedro
22-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Had a note from Nik asking about bolts - here you go!! See ya Friday. I got customers in but ask for me at reception and I'll duck out.

Yerbs - I compared prices with Aerotek and saved a load at Priority Stainless in Portsmouth.

Ped