PDA

View Full Version : Buying/servicing dealer quality

swiss tony
04-04-2004, 08:28 PM
I am considering buying a new M620ie I wish to buy from someone close so its easy to take back if I have problems.But a good friendly warranty sympathetic service is important.My current dealer is too far away really and doesn't sell Dukes but excellent service :Jack Nice Motorcycles, Walthamstow.
I 'm in the Kingston area so DLS and Daytona Ruislip are nearish as are Pro Twins,Pegasus Reading or even WN Snell annual servicing was quoted at £350 and £500 12K service.Lets here you comments good and bad
Thanks

Bru
04-04-2004, 11:07 PM
I found Pegasus rather unhelpful, and there workforce is stretched to say the least. They are appalling with paperwork, for example, they forgot to send my details to Ducati in Italy when I purchased the bike, therefore I received no D.O.C membership induction pack !
Other Ducati dealers I have visited are far more proffesional....and helpful.

Bru

Garry Hogan
18-04-2004, 05:32 PM
Daytona have looked after my 750 from new and I cannot praise 'em enuff!! Professional and honest + the coffee aint too bad! + it's near Ruislip Manor tube station so if you have to leave it there for a service, it's not too hard to get home from (unless you live in Cornwall) Garry.

CK & AK
18-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Wouldnt use Pegasus myself.
Others either too far, or too s'pensive.
Use Snells for all our needs - right next to station if you want to leave bike.
Not too costly, good service & nice people who also know what they are doing - just like going into a dealer 30 years ago! They tell it how it is - not how they want! Ask for Roger if you do go there & say Charlotte said to call.

Your choice - keep in touch if you do get one, as we're not far from you

DLS will give you the best purchase price out of all the dealers you have mentioned. Snells the better service & servicing costs.
Daytona - only know about Blufoots sad experiences with them.
CK:)

NattyBoy
18-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Wouldnt buy from pegasus...DLS are indifferent in my experience (and a bit pricey), but although I havent used either on a large basis, Snells and Pro V Twins seem to have a good rep..although the sales guy @ Pro V Twins is up his own arse a bit from what I hear..

Good choice by the way and welcome to the club!!

Nat

BoozyBOB
18-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Pegasus in Reading....(no,no,dont rant)...are spensive...did get my servicing done there untill i found Snells at Alton were over £100 less for the 6000 service...and a good bunch of blokes as well...

Banshee
18-04-2004, 08:42 PM
My 600 mile service was £212 at coventry, ya can use that as a yard stick... still £212 to change the bloody oil!!!!:mad:

BoozyBOB
18-04-2004, 08:47 PM
my 600 is due in 2 weeks..Bridge Andover..£50....whey hey

browny
18-04-2004, 08:59 PM
I had my 750M serviced at Snells, Alton a moth or so ago. Really helpful/friendly-bike rides a million times better. Quite a good ride to Alton down the bypass and you can always make a detour to the best roads in the south-Midhurst, Petersfiekd etc.

I guarantee that 3000 miles from new in 3 years is not good for a bike. Just starting to loosen up now.