PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Cameras

Flip
01-04-2004, 02:26 PM
Just a little word of warning to all planning on a whizz around our lovely Sussex roads this weekend.

There are several mobile camera units in operation around Petworth and Northchaple as last Saturday (27th March) proved to me .....37 in a 30 (in the car) on the A283 at Petworth ..letter of intended prosecution arrived in the post 31st March saying please have three points and pay us £60 for the pleasure........nice!

Anyone know a way out of it??

Seems you can't get away with sending the letter back unsigned anymore.

SazzaG
01-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Hehe, speeding in your Ka? Ooh, I can't wait until JMo reads this....

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Whereabouts in Petworth? They're often at Fittleworth, at the bridges. I'll take a look in the local paper, as they tend to publish where they're going to be.

SazzaG
01-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Here's a useful thing:

All of the static, mobile and jump camera sites in Sussex.

Duncan
01-04-2004, 05:32 PM
If you were unsure who was driving the vehicle and the photo was inconclusive you could use the Neil and Christine Hamilton defence of not knowing who the driver was.

Depending on the authority, it may or may not go to court but it is possible to get off this way. (if it gets prosecuted at all)

Hamilton (http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2225703)

AngelV
01-04-2004, 08:31 PM
Flip, check your PM

http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/index.html

JMo
03-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Saz - I wouldn't be so cruel... it is a very fine motor car, with a decent turn of speed, and was very comfortable for our little tour of eastern England shopping for off-road bikes last year.

Sorry to hear the news old chap... that is bad luck.

As for getting off the fine, you could always say it was your Mum's car - afterall, that is entirely plausable!

xxx

A Yerbury
03-04-2004, 09:08 PM
I find that "disapearing" helps however this is often not practical....! I tend to ignore them and so far have been lucky. still, this from someone who spent 2 weeks at hmp pentonville for d and d over new year so plz ignore this advice....:)
Alex
...."he likes speeding in his KA...TOOT TOOT DING DING ETC"

spacemonkey
04-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Did you see the ad's for the Sport Ka? I love the one where the cat got it's head chopped off!

A Yerbury
04-04-2004, 06:41 PM
you would ! building a little charnel house out of lego no doubt...
Lex.x

AngelV
22-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Following on from phonecall, stuff for the letter....

Demand to see all evidence against you, photographic and the like.
Demand verification that all police procedures have been adhered to and that any equipment used by them has been calibrated.
Ensure that the vehicle has been identified correctly and that its your car, not a clone.
Demand to see what proof they have to identify the driver of the car.
Play the human rights card.

Good luck :)