PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast meet 27th December

Mr Gazza
22-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Anyone fancy escaping next Wednesday?

Let's have a nice warm breakfast at The Kingfisher Café, Walcott.
10 am as usual.
Motorcycles optional depending on the weather.

Mr Gazza
27-12-2023, 12:32 PM
Well! Grey seems too bright a word to describe this morning's weather.
If you want to know what bleak is, just look out over the North Sea from Walcott in December and you'll get an idea. There's an unobstructed view from The Kingfisher's windows and no protection between there and Iceland.
But at least we were a little above sea level and had some glass in front of us.

Really nice to see Dacs and The Lady Dacs and enjoy some warm conversation.
I was faced with the largest plateful of food that I've seen in quite a while, but battled manfully through most of it in the end.

Dacs and I bemoaned the missed Boxing day run we could have had yesterday in fine dry weather!
However a superb venue was suggested at the table and I traced this to Moulton Windmill, between Spalding and Holbeach. Definitely on the radar for when the weather improves.
We also have The Prickwillow Engine Museum near Ely to catch up with. So there's two Fenland meets in the pipeline already.

Next meet probably going to be at the Hillcrest Nurseries Café at Stanton.

It's not expected to have big turnouts or even bikes in attendance this time of year, but I know the Kenties/London still meet fairly often as well as the North-West section. It would be nice to see some notes posted up here guys. Let folks know we still have a motorcycle club in existence. Know what I mean Barry Sheene? :biggrin: