PDA

View Full Version : November breakfast meet (In October!.)

Mr Gazza
24-10-2023, 07:04 AM
We're going to try and squeeze a meet in on Sunday 29th October.
This is based on a date that the regular folks can attend. All welcome of course as always.
The beginning of November is tricky for all concerned.
This will be postponed if the weather looks like pants. We might have to push it to mid-late November?
So, probably? Wittles Café, Castle Acre, 10am 29th Oct

Mr Gazza
28-10-2023, 05:38 PM
Looking forward to tomorrows breakfast. Don't forget the clocks go back tonight. :D

Bumping this as I completely didn't send the usual email out to local members! :dunce:

Mr Gazza
29-10-2023, 08:02 AM
Arghh!!

Turns out that Wittles is not open today.

Meet moved to Browns Cafe on the roundabout at Mundford.

Mr Gazza
29-10-2023, 12:42 PM
Sorry if anyone missed this due to the last minute debacle.
Dacs actually arrived at Wittles, only to read my text and made incredibly good time to Mundford.
DaveR, Dacs and myself enjoyed a fine breakfast (in stages) despite the unusual arrangements.
It was lovely to sit with the warm Sun on my back after having it in my face most of the way there whilst trying to navigate the floods!
I've always avoided this venue in the past due the heavy "biker" presence, but it wasn't too bad after all and surprising to see so many bikes out on a less than ideal day.
Of course there were the inevitable few who thought that loads of noise was obligatory. I had to conceal a smile as I could imagine my daughters nodding to each other and whispering "tiny willies". There was also the bizarre appearance of some "Hotted up" Morris Minors. High giggle factor.

At least the ride home was much more pleasant with the Sun a bit higher and behind. There was considerably more dry tarmac too which helped a lot.

I think we are going to skip November and meet again in December, probably in the Dedham vale area of Essex. DaveR is in charge of that one so watch this space.