PDA

View Full Version : A76….@ Thornhill

crawsue
16-10-2023, 08:21 AM
A busy motorcycling day on the unusually dry Sunday roads in Scotland yesterday, enjoying a customary roll and sausage at the Drumlanrig Cafe watching hordes of bikes including a 696/1100s with Termignonis and a few minutes later a 1200s heading south on the A76 as part of two large groups….tourists ? We were heading through to Moffat, struggled to find a parking spot amongst the happy throng !

Mr Gazza
16-10-2023, 09:38 AM
It's good to hear that folks are still enjoying their bikes bikes half way through October and a good spread of Monsters too by the sound of it.

I had a little local ride in Norfolk yesterday and it was a stark and sudden contrast to the dry and warm weather we seem to have had for months on end.
8degrees recorded on the dash, creeping up to 11 for a few miles in the mid afternoon.
New heated socks doing a great job on their first outing, with setting 2 of 3 proving comfortable. I had the heated grips on too.
I didn't spot any other motorcycles!
Unfortunately the drizzle eventually wetted the roads and me so I sheltered under a hedge for a bit while it cleared and the roads did dry out a bit in places.
Good to warm up with some relatives and also catch up with Emzedder.
Coastal showers eventually forced the waterproofs on, but they were very local and the rest of the ride home was dry after only a few miles inland.

Worst meteorology was caused by the low Sun on the homeward leg completely blinding me at times and forcing the speed right down!

Still great to be in the saddle and hardening off for the months ahead.
The first frost appeared this morning, but we've done so well to get to the middle of October.

Ride free. :thumbsup:

dunf
16-10-2023, 09:42 AM
my missus was on a run to Moffat on Sunday as part of a ladies bike club meet up there, Think she said there was about 40 bikes attended,

crawsue
16-10-2023, 03:48 PM
Thought it might have been ladies…..the parking was atrocious…..!!!!

Nickj
17-10-2023, 08:23 AM
Thought it might have been ladies…..the parking was atrocious…..!!!!

LOL A man who dares to live dangerously ;)

NSR500
23-10-2023, 03:02 PM
Must admit I have passed drumlanrig many a time but never went in, maybe should try it one time

conquistador
25-11-2023, 03:57 PM
Must admit I have passed drumlanrig many a time but never went in, maybe should try it one time
Well worth the short detour