PDA

View Full Version : OBERON repair kit ????????

jerry
08-07-2023, 04:24 AM
I have an Oberon slave on my S4 the bike has been undergoing a restoration for 4 years now ,, the Oberon slave seals had failed so I bought a repair kit but it did not fit ,, took the whole unit back to UK and rode down to Oberon who examined it and reassured me it was all correct but they refused to fit it for me !!! now in Thailand am trying to put it all together but as far as I can see its not corrects cant even get the old piston out even with high pressure air and the new parts all look different anyway ,, i have used Oberons on 4 of my other bikes never a major issue and have rebuilt one before for a M750

may have to get a different brand next time as im pissed of with this

any suggestions , I am back toi UK next week and will bring the slave back yet again ?? I hope to get the bike running again in November after replacing all the connectors for the EFI, Injectors , and crank sensors , servicing of injectors and they work fine ?? If I cant get it to run I will truck it to a guy who has Mathesis unit in Bangkok ,

900Rebuilder
08-07-2023, 09:22 AM
Man that sounds like terrible service and certainly not what you'd expect from such a well known brand. Might be time to get one from elsewhere that can be rebuilt - could even be a good idea to buy a rebuild kit at the same time and tuck it away somewhere safe now.

jerry
08-07-2023, 04:20 PM
What decent alternatives are there that also lower the pull on lever

900Rebuilder
10-07-2023, 07:03 AM
Sorry no idea as I have a Factory Racing one on mine but I've yet to use it in anger

Nasher
10-07-2023, 07:36 AM
Oberon are just around the corner from where I work, and I've visited myself.

Nice people, but not quite what you expect when you get there.
If the MD (Steve? John?) wasn't there I'm not sure anyone else would know how to change it for you.

adie851
10-07-2023, 01:24 PM
Clean up the old one(slave cylinder) and put new seals in it...or is it completely knackered..beyond repair ?

jerry
20-07-2023, 09:51 PM
OK now back in UK , we have managed to get the old cylinder out of the slave it was ''rusty and corroded inside???'' and all 3 seals were no good . We cleaned it all up but the new Piston seems smaller than the old one only has 1 seal on it and there is also no seal on the push rod shaft ,, none of it makes any mechanical or hydraulic sense ,, when I get the chance I will pop into oberon to get them to confirm it all ????

But im going to purchase an alternative as well.

Mark64
24-07-2023, 05:20 PM
Hi Jerry, I tried a factory racing clutch slave cylinder, good quality product but I couldn't get on with the 'feel' compared to the standard one, ask Darren69 if he's still got it, maybe a deal to be done?

jerry
24-07-2023, 05:45 PM
Hi Jerry, I tried a factory racing clutch slave cylinder, good quality product but I couldn't get on with the 'feel' compared to the standard one, ask Darren69 if he's still got it, maybe a deal to be done?

I like the pull lighter than standard

jerry
29-07-2023, 05:52 AM
Well I have managed to rebuild it , wont know if it works until I fit it , the old piston had 2 seals, the kits replacement only has one ? its seems its an improvement .

also there is now no seal on the interface with the push rod ??? another improvement say Oberon ,, does not seem logical engineering to me ???