PDA

View Full Version : Homeless

jerry
19-05-2023, 07:43 PM
House sold ,, stuff in Storage ,, still not sorted a new place so sort of fancy free ,,?????
a bit weird but I have always been footloose and although I have lived in many places and countries never felt at ease anywhere ,,hmmmm

jerry
20-05-2023, 09:01 PM
Still looking around Stafford, Tamworth area

Blah blah
30-05-2023, 09:34 PM
I used to live in Stafford, some lovely roads... currently in a similar situation, getting divorced, in a rental for the next 12 months, no garage so bikes and tools are stored elsewhere and I have a dog to look after so riding over the next year is going to be even less than before.

The Monster Mot runs out next week but I'm considering not getting it done but the 748s run out in July...

jerry
31-05-2023, 06:08 PM
Blah Blah im lucky sitting on a pile of cash but cant decide where to live ,, 2 of my bikes on the road in Uk , and i have access to places to fix them and tools . Wales is nice and cheap, also Weston Super Mare area ,, but so its Cote d azur ,,so im gonna chill and make my mind up, Can store bikes in mates garage when will I be in Thailand on November for 5 months with bikes there ,, just need a cheap base in UK or EU ,,, but not Spain ,,

Mark64
31-05-2023, 06:42 PM
Why not Spain?

jerry
31-05-2023, 09:18 PM
Why not Spain?

I lived in Chile and Venezuela many years ago , loved it and speak Spanish , but I just dont click with Spain , south is too dry ,, dont click in the cities , pyrenees are nice but just does not do it for me ... also not enamoured of local food , but the people are great ,

I like France , food , culture etc but not the bureaucracy ,, same with Italy , both have bureaucracy worse than UK ,, Thailand is so much easier ,,but I dont want to live there all year round ,its best in Thailand from October to March then its too hot and rainy season, cant ride bikes in Monsoons , I like Summer in Europe ,for biking and culture , probably have to get a base in Uk but I just dont know where ?????

I have an Austrian Passport and a UK one ,

Mr Gazza
31-05-2023, 09:51 PM
You're an international man of mystery.. :chuckle:

Jez900ie
01-06-2023, 05:44 AM
I lived along the Spanish coast from the border to Barcelona, and also in Andorra; so I know the area well and would recommend it. Great roads, lovely people, beach and mountains all within a short distance.

Nasher
01-06-2023, 07:12 AM
I used to visit Andorra a lot for work over a period of a couple of years.

I'd fly into Barcelona, have a night in a hotel right by the big park in the centre, visit a supplier in the morning, then hire a car to take that fantastic road up to Andorra for a few days to see a customer, taking in 'the tunnel' on the way.

I've always wanted to do that road on a bike.

jerry
01-06-2023, 07:34 AM
You're an international man of mystery.. :chuckle:

Yeah James Bond is based on my life ,, adventure , Danger , fast bikes and faster women and booze and upsetting the schemes of evil people

Mr Gazza
01-06-2023, 11:14 AM
Actually, I had Austin Powers more in mind.. :mand:

jerry
01-06-2023, 03:38 PM
Actually, I had Austin Powers more in mind.. :mand:

sometimes thats likely