PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk Breakfast Meet March 12th

Mr Gazza
04-03-2023, 04:37 PM
Usual format folks.
Let's meet at 10 am Sunday 12th March.
This time at the Hillside Nurseries Café in Stanton. IP31 2DU.

We've been here several times before as it always pleases and is handy for the more Southerly orientated of our members.

Hope to see you there and not too much snow if you please!! :rolleyes:

Mr Gazza
12-03-2023, 12:47 PM
https://i.ibb.co/yfqL50D/DSCF8951.jpg (https://ibb.co/6nF6bY2)

Well there you go. Probably the most Monsters we've had at a meet for some while.
My M900Sie and Dacs M750ie Dark, soon to be an M944 special.

Only Dacs and I showed this time, but well worth the trip anyway.
A nice breakfast was had at the café.

It was my first ride on the Monster since mid-December even though I have ridden nearly 1000 miles in between.
Roads were wet on the way in and I struggled to get used to gears and clutch again, and the clatter of the engine.
During breakfast it got warmer and drier, I had gelled with the bike a bit better and the ride home was excellent with Dacs following.
Nearly 40 miles of classic Norfolk b-roads with the Sun on our backs and very little traffic. Great stuff.

See you next time folks.. :biggrin:

Moco1961
12-03-2023, 02:04 PM
Well done both,nice to see a brace of monsters out and about. Much salt on the roads up here in the North West ,we need a few days of rain! Although another cold snap on the way according to the met office:grump:

Mr Gazza
12-03-2023, 03:08 PM
Thanks Mike.
There's still plenty of salt on the Norfolk roads, but it rained last night and milded over so no new grit and a slight rinse.
I like to take the less trodden paths, which tend to get less salt, so it wasn't too bad on the run home.
Yesterday the main roads were white with it and even though it was dry. I slipped on the dry salt rime pulling a bit too hard out of a junction! That bike has some serious poke, but the TC caught it and I was able to warp off as usual.. :biggrin:

DaveR
14-03-2023, 04:36 PM
Glad you both had a good ride out and an enjoyable breakfast. Sorry I couldn't make it, looked like a great day for a ride out. Dave