PDA

View Full Version : Open W/E at Parkinsons with Sean Emmett on the 16th

HUNTER
29-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Parkinsons are just off the A12 at Marks Tey, the London side of Colchester.
They are having a 'special w/e'.
Fri 16 April is a late night until 21:00 Its a Previes evening for clothing sale.
Sat 17th 09:00 - 17:00 Open Day with Sean Emmett
Complete Ducati range on Demo, so don't forget your licence and give a ring before hand to make sure the bike is available.
A chance to win a 999S. Free entry to crack a safe (no semtex allowed) by dialing in the correct combination.
Sun 18th 10:00 - 16:00 Watch the GP on projector TV, demos available. SGR radio + Burger van

Anyone interested in making a Monsters club meet ?

Paranoid Dave
29-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Bloody hell, something happening near me! :eek: :D And i didn't even know about it. If i'm not working I'll try and get there.

Runningman
29-03-2004, 05:30 PM
And...another S4 rider in Woodford that I didn't know about.
Might see you both on the 16th.

Currently running in Woodford.

benson
30-03-2004, 06:53 PM
And I'm in Highams Park with my M900 - I'd like to go to Parkinsons - sounds like a good excuse for a ride out - any of the times would be good -shopping and riding - hurrah!!!
Rachel

Paranoid Dave
30-03-2004, 08:36 PM
i'm not working all weekend :D And there's a cafe next door too, what a shame. Hope to go on the saturday, but if folks are around on sunday then I may well go back and say hello to peeps. I'm only 15 miles up the road.

Benson - where the hell is Highams Park?

benson
04-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Highms Park is close to Epping forest between Woodford and Walthamstow and Chingford - Runningman lives very close to me but in Ipswich you might have to stand on a chair to see!!! Will be there on the Saturday all being well :-)

Runningman
09-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Runningman was running in Highams park yesterday morning; and very nice it was too.
Don't know if your off to Box Hill tomorrow morning but I shall be leaving Woodford at about 9.00 - 9.30 ish. If not, see you next Saturday at Parkinsons.

benson
10-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Hello again Runningman - I too run round HIghams Park and Woodford and the Roding Valley - allbeit slowly :-) No marathon place this year so not running half as far or as fast as this time last year... Meanwhile I didn't go to Box Hill - had to come home to replace dead and rather oily spark plug - bike is running rough as a badgers doo dah - need some tuning methinks...but either way, with or without monster I will be at Parkinsons on Saturday late morning I reckon, and the sunday too if they're open then!

Runningman
10-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Hi benson- Sorry to hear the bike's not well; so your'e a runner too? Must have seen you about somewhere, Ive done a lot of running in and around the forest.

Anyway, Re Parkinsons; I spoke with Paronoid Dave at Box Hill and he will be there Sat morning, so I'm aiming for 11.00AM.

See you there, or if the bikes fit, we could meet at the Castle.

Runningman

benson
14-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Hello! You probably have seen me plodding round the forest, head down, breath rasping, the usual picture of fitness and health!!!

Meanwhile- Spark plugs fitted and bike happier... Have just had new exhausts fitted (ducati performance remus wotsits...) so think that might have caused some rumblings... That's what those nice chappies at Daytona said anyway - not that I'd know, my technical expertise runs out at unscrewing and un-bolting things...

Been to on yer bike today to lust after the new range of monsters, maybe a trip to spareshack or parkinsons will help!!! I am going into work briefly on Saturday morning so it might well be early afternoon when I get there - I'll aim to be there a.s.a.p. however so hopefully will catch up with you. Oh yes - What and where is the castle? I assume it's a pub :-) SOunds good, take care and enjoy the sunshine!!!

Happy running too!!!
Rachel

Paranoid Dave
14-04-2004, 09:24 PM
finding the castle (guess you mean colchester) is a sod as it's in the town centre.

For anyone looking to get to parkinsons but not sure of the way. The quickest main route is the 'zoo' and 'stanway' turning off the A12. That'll take you to a roundabout with a Sea Pets store on it, Sainsbury's is the same exit off the roundabout as the sea pets. BUT the exit you want is the one between the sea pets exit and the A12 exit. Follow it to Marks tey for a mile and it's on the left.

Something like that anyway ;) I hope to get there 11 or 11.30 and stay for a bit.

benson
16-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the directions! I hope to be there too - work permitting - if not then I really fancy the idea of watching the GP on a big screen on Sunday!

Runningman
16-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Still aiming for 11.00AM...hope to see you all there.

btw: The Castle was a big pub at the top of Broadmead Rd in Woodford. It's some sort of Berni Inn type place now, probably called the "Two for one" or something.

Don't forget the marathon is also on Sunday!

Martin

fatbloke
16-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by benson

Been to on yer bike today to lust after the new range of monsters, maybe a trip to spareshack or parkinsons will help!!!
Happy running too!!!
Rachel

Rach you've been all the way up here without even popping in for a coffee?

AngelV
17-04-2004, 07:50 AM
We'll be there on Sunday