PDA

View Full Version : second time’s a charm

slob
31-05-2021, 10:18 AM
hopefully a step towards normality
http://www.thelasturl.net/img/covax.png

Kato
31-05-2021, 12:41 PM
Normality!!! Think it'll take more than an arm full of Nanobots :eyepopping::mand:

slob
31-05-2021, 02:14 PM
http://www.thelasturl.net/img/conspiracy.png

Albie
31-05-2021, 05:51 PM
We both literally had jab 2. Hoping no acheing like jab 1 as got stuff to do tomorrow.

Nickj
31-05-2021, 09:11 PM
Sorry to disappoint Albie but Caroline and I found the second hurt more, more a kick in the arm than the punch the first one was. Still it does mean that if you do get infected and start to develop symptoms they're going to be mild.

Love the join the dots Slob, the last one looks like our hospitals network after a power outage LOL

Albie
31-05-2021, 09:21 PM
Sorry to disappoint Albie but Caroline and I found the second hurt more, more a kick in the arm than the punch the first one was. Still it does mean that if you do get infected and start to develop symptoms they're going to be mild.

Love the join the dots Slob, the last one looks like our hospitals network after a power outage LOL

Oh... 4 hrs later not felt a thing. Hope I feel the same in morning . Fingers crossed I am spared :mand:

utopia
31-05-2021, 09:34 PM
When I had my first jab, the nurse said not to worry if I had a reaction to it as that was probably a good sign that my body was giving a strong response.
That rather left the door open and so I had to ask whether it was therefore a bad sign if I didn't have a reaction. She said .. er, no, that's also a good thing.
So off I toddled, feeling like I had been treated rather like a child.
Anyway, I had no reaction to that jab and neither did I have a reaction to the second one a couple of weeks ago. Nothing at all.
I have no idea whether I have immunity now or not ... though I like to call it "invincibility" actually .. just for the giggle.
Truthfully, I believe that I have the regulation 80 odd percent, or whatever the figure is for the one derived from Chimp ****.
Funny old world, eh ?
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
Though was it ever otherwise ?

mickj
01-06-2021, 09:11 AM
First jab I thought I'd been ripped off, medic said "right that's it" I didn't even know he had started, felt nothing at all and had no side effects. Second jab last Thursday, I felt the needle go in but still no side effects, so with a bit of luck I'll be fully protected in a couple of weeks (or as protected as I can be). I'll still wear a mask and not mix with people for a good while yet though, I've worked hard for my pension, I want to collect it.

slob
01-06-2021, 10:07 AM
felt like i’d been punched in the arm after the first one but no other symptoms, much less sore this time.

alan s4
01-06-2021, 10:41 AM
I think your reaction depends on your age (older the better!) and the type of jab you get.

I'm one of the few to get the Moderna Jab (37 quid a go) versus the AZ (3 quid a go). Pals of mine that got the AZ said it was like the worst hangover ever for a few days, the Moderna on the other hand had absolutely no side effects. You pays you money etc.......

slob
01-06-2021, 10:47 AM
AZ, wasn’t given a choice. 12 weeks older for second jab ;-)
did 30 press ups when I got home, might have helped?

Thuli
01-06-2021, 12:42 PM
It’s got absolutely nothing to do with the cost, and by inference the quality, of the jab you have. I have heard the same reports across all three types available here so far; reactions and side effects are entirely individual and not necessarily the same for first and second jabs. My boss, who never takes time off sick was knocked sideways by the Moderna and forced to take a day off. slob and I both had AZ from the same batch for both jabs, administered by the same person each time, and both reacted differently.

Dukedesmo
01-06-2021, 01:16 PM
felt like i’d been punched in the arm after the first one

Likewise for a couple of days but no problem with the second.

Mr Gazza
01-06-2021, 02:44 PM
I just felt a bit of a prick.

Jez900ie
01-06-2021, 04:27 PM
I think your reaction depends on your age (older the better!) and the type of jab you get.

I'm one of the few to get the Moderna Jab (37 quid a go) versus the AZ (3 quid a go). Pals of mine that got the AZ said it was like the worst hangover ever for a few days, the Moderna on the other hand had absolutely no side effects. You pays you money etc.......

The reaction you get is purely down to your immune system. Every "body" literally has one, and they are as unique as your DNA or fingerprint.

motomartin11
01-06-2021, 05:09 PM
Still waiting to hear from my GP for the second jab after my first well over 12 weeks ago. Phoned them before the 12 weeks was up and they said phone back at the end of next week if you don't hear.Phoned back -this is a practice where you can wait for over an an hour to speak to a human if you are lucky -they no longer tell you where you are in the queue-got fed up of waiting-and haven't phoned back since as yet as I have a life to live (provided I don't get Covid) -still haven't heard from them.I'm off to phone them again now........

Albie
01-06-2021, 05:20 PM
Still waiting to hear from my GP for the second jab after my first well over 12 weeks ago. Phoned them before the 12 weeks was up and they said phone back at the end of next week if you don't hear.Phoned back -this is a practice where you can wait for over an an hour to speak to a human if you are lucky -they no longer tell you where you are in the queue-got fed up of waiting-and haven't phoned back since as yet as I have a life to live (provided I don't get Covid) -still haven't heard from them.I'm off to phone them again now........

Just go online book on nhs website.

Albie
01-06-2021, 05:21 PM
We pretty much both ok today. Did my chores that I promised ok but aching a bit this afternoon. Happy it's all over for a while until next jabs.

motomartin11
01-06-2021, 05:26 PM
Just go online book on nhs website.

Apparently they have no stocks of the Pfizer vaccine I had and yes..phoning NHS119 now!

Albie
01-06-2021, 07:47 PM
Apparently they have no stocks of the Pfizer vaccine I had and yes..phoning NHS119 now!

That's what happened to me no Astra zenica from my gp appointment. Got cancelled so booked nhs different place but nearby enough.

Nickj
01-06-2021, 09:15 PM
Don't hold your breath anyone, my best information from the front lines of the NHS (north pennine area) where they have a surge of this indian varient is that it is VERY easy to get infected.
NHS immunised staff that already have had covid Mk 1 and those that haven't had a previous bout are catching this new improved version and testing positive and are symptomatic though mild.
This is going to drag on for a long while yet :(

motomartin11
02-06-2021, 08:21 AM
Went on line and the most convenient / earliest appointment I could get is 15 miles away on Friday at 6.30 pm after work.(I have 2 jobs so have to fit in with each employer.) I fully appreciate all the effort and logistics involved but am annoyed at the so called service from my GP practice. According to their website they are assessed by the CQC as outstanding but the reality on the ground is quite different-many -many complaints locally of difficulty even getting through to them by telephone-not a particular problem for me personally but it's the very young, elderly, infirm or mentally ill who will suffer.