PDA

View Full Version : What Kit....

Pedro
24-03-2004, 09:04 PM
Do yer wear on yer bike then?

Me?

Arai Condor (Red Starflag Paint)
£300 well spent, very comfy, quiet and a 5 year warranty. After this, won't be changing brand anytime soon.

Heine Gericke Two Piece Leathers
Cost about £275 I think. Well made tho and comfortable. Their armour (Hiprotec) is very well rated.

Sidi Vertebra 2 Boots (black)
£125 - haggled with the dealer and got £25 off. Best boots I've had to date.

HG Tribal Carbon Gloves
£40 - not expensive but seem well made. Good vents for the summer and carbon knuckles for smacking car windows with when the dozy bastards carve you up.

Anti-Freeze Thermal Shirt
About £50 but well worth it. Gore Tex membrane keeps out the chills.

.......and a dirty great grin everytime I hear my bike running!!:D Grin maintained by Sensodyne! Cool and minty, great for sensitive teeth!

Ped
Edited after Spacey added his thoughts

BoozyBOB
25-03-2004, 12:31 AM
you forgot to mention the 4 layers off thermals Ped...
see you at the w/e i hope...

spacemonkey
25-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Bugger, you beat me to it...
My suggestion was going to be a personal kit review.

Helmut: Shoei XR900. £250
Great lid, very quiet, visor seals very well unlike cheaper stuff and has that Shoei catch so the visor can be kept 'just open' which is great for a little fresh air and keeps you thoroughly demisted when riding. Seat belt type fastening means quick and easy getting on and off-can't get on with D rings! Lightweight and comfy, but unfortunately it is the wrong shape for me and has to be upgraded to an XR1000 or a Z one as they are the right shape. Doh! An hour of riding is the max I can stand.

Jacket: John Thomas Sabotage 3/4 length Winter jacket. £140
I never liked the look or idea of these textile jobs, but blow me if they aint warm! Full body armour, fully waterproof, room for a fleece and bodywarmer, loadsa pockets and just so perfect for winter. I'm a convert now.

Jacket: Wolf Nimbus 1. £300
Vented leather jacket with removable liner. Bought it for the style mainly, and didn't realise it was the vented one full of perforations! great in the summer as quite a bit of air gets through, but if like me you stuff things down the front of the jacket, it will stretch too easily. Cold in winter, I tried a windstopper top (which is VERY good-does what it says on the box) and a bodywarmer over the top before buying the John Thomas winter jacket..

spacemonkey
25-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Trousers: Buffalo (can't remember which model but looks just like Frank Thomas Avenger-but better fit if you're skinny). £120
My first pair of stretch panels and armoured knees, and I'm well impressed with them. Nice in summer and winter, though will try to get some old unsold Nimbus 1 Wolf vented trousers to match my jacket (circa 1991). Hmmm...

Boots: Heine Gerricke Tuareg. £140
Roadstyle boots with a big hint of crosser boots, designed for the big street trailie market in Euroland. Fully goretexed and have never leaked. Fit oh so comfortably, and once broken in, not too bad to walk in. Tyre tread style sole is cool too! Velcro and ratchet clips to do up, all on the tightest settings for skinny, long feet! However they only go up to a uk 11 when I went in, which luckily was just big enough.

Gloves: John Thomas Aqua. £30-40 I think
Fully waterproof, and reasonably warm in winter. As good as anything else I've had, but too hot for summer, when i use Kevlar Raptors by USMC a mail order military/tactical stuff shop in Portsmuff. Not waterproof, but comfy and cool, armoured and of course lined with balistic Kevlar so knife proof too...

Paranoid Dave
25-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Lid Roof Diversion Le mans
Jacket Wolf, leather, with padding and zip at front etc
T-shirt from GAP
Trousers fit my legs nicely.
Pants from Marks and Spencers
Sid vertibra boots.
Socks from QD
Gloves are Riossi
Ears are Tucano Urbano :D

Anything else ;)

fatbloke
25-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Lid Arai Sigma GT (cathcart rep)
or AGV
Jacket
for commuting Joe Rocket (warmest driest jacket
I've ever used on a bike in 29 years)
otherwise Arlen Ness
Ducati Dianese
Furygan
Spidi
Gloves Joe Rocket (winter weight)
Joe Rocket (summer weight)
Alpine Stars
Buffalo
Boots Oxtar
Daytona
Trousers MJK ( made to measure I'm such a
****ing odd shape I've never found an off the peg
pair to fit!)

Plum
25-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Black Shoei with obligitary black visor
Dainese 2pc zip together also black
Black Dainese boots. Dont now what 'model' but they have nice carbon shin guard
And finally a cheap, ****ty pair of Sidi gloves which i have had a few years and are well broken in. New gloves are a bitch to break in, dont you think?

Stay Groovy

steviej
25-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Hunter Class Armoured Jacket black/yellow. (Warm weather)
Buffalo Pants black. ('ad them years, gettin' tight now)
Sportex Lined Back Protector Jacket black . (Cold weather)
Sportex Lined Pants black . (Only if I can't avoid the weather)
SIDI Discovery Boots.
Frank Thomas Gloves. (Warm weather)
Hiene Gericke Gloves. (Cold weather)
Arai Quantum f Yellow
Obliglatory Gold Iridium Visor

That's moi 'avin' a larf at Julie's BUM

Whoops, how did that get THAT big????

M900Dom
26-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Lid: AGV Q3 Agostini Rep (Italian Flag):cool:
with Black Visor
Agv`s just seem to fit me, cant get comfy in Shoei or Arai:confused:

Suomy off road lid as well:D

2 Piece Dainese Tribal leathers, scuffed all up one side:eek:
S`what happens when you flip a wheelie:rolleyes:
A-Stars Full back protector
Dainese Impact Shorts to protect Coxyx (sp?) and Hips

Sidi Vertebra 1 boots, Knackered now
Or A-stars Vector MX Boots :D

A-Stars Goretex Troosers and a Sinsalo Enduro jacket for winter
Ex army Gore tex trousers and a Goretex Berghaus mountaineering shell for the wet over leathers

Selection of undergarments;)
Sub-Zero Thermals as baselayer, winter and hot summer days too...
They are super thin and stop you getting hot and sweaty in summer by wicking any moisture away ;)

A-stars GP1 gloves Summer or A-Stars Goretex winter and snowboarding

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL93/2039551/3951420/49405289.jpg

Whoops:eek:

JAYNEYT
26-03-2004, 03:44 PM
A black Arai helmet complete with rabbit ears

Two peice White/Orange/Black Dainese

Dainese Paddock Jacket (as I am always cold - even in 35 degree heat)

Sidi Vertibra boots

A big neck warmer and big gloves

A vest top, a long sleeve top, and a jumper too !!

26-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Arai Quantum/ F Blue metallic blue £280 Infinity M/C's (got a new Quantum/F in black £200 at the NEC as a reserve). Arais just seem to fit so well, very comfy, nice interior, bit noisy. Tried Shoei and AGV as well. Shoei just don't fit, AGV almost as good as Arai, but interior not as plush. Always wear with ear plugs.

Richa Cordura jacket and pants for commuting, general use. Can't remember but about £250 (with discount).

Lookwell 2-piece leathers for touring and general riding in better weather. If it's cold I wear the Lokwell pants with the Richa jacket. £300

Furygan 1-piece suit for track days and when I feel a bit of Sunday riding madness coming on. Sometimes wear a lined fleece over the top for a bit of warmth. Reduced from £600 to £150 at Riossi just before they packed up shop. :D :D

Oxtar boots. Don't know what model. Tried Sidi boots but they are two narrow for my plates of meat. £100 ish

Frank Thomas boots. Basically buggered. Worn out, no longer waterproof (were they ever?). Time for some new ones.

Held Akira summer gloves. Race style, kangaroo skin and Pitard leather, carbon bits. Best gloves I've ever had. Never "crash tested" them but Held's reputation for protection and quality is very good. £115 On Your Bike, Manchester.

Held winter gloves. Lobster claw, two finger jobs, don't know which model. Very warm, waterproof, excellent. £100 or so. Also On Your Bike, Manchester.

hog
26-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Alpine Stars boots

Frank Thomas Leather trousers

Dainese Ducati jacket

Ducati gloves

Shoei helmet (rebadged as Schuey - go Michael!)

SazzaG
26-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Suomy gunwind helmet (sparkly black) bargain at £99 at the NEC last year

Frank Thomas ladies fabric jacket (can't remember the name) - this season's, but bought last year at the NEC

Belstaff Pioneer fabric trousers

Sidi Black Rain boots (mmm, so comfy!)

RST leather gloves with good kelvar knuckles (see Ped's post!)

And, red & black neckie, bridgedale walking socks, and cycling shorts under the trouser (for those long hot rides - makes the trousers easier to get off, eew!) and a Sully rucksack (the monster on my monster!)

Will get some leathers this year - I have to as I've paid my deposit for the track day!

Saz

CK & AK
26-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Arai RX7RR4 with clear & tinted (2)visors £399

Frank Thomas 2 piece full zip leathers (spring/Autumn & summer evenings)£285
Hein Gericke goretex jacket & matching leather full zip leather trousers £190 ish
IXS All weather goretex jacket for the winter (also fully zips to either of the above mentioned leather trousers)Bloody brilliant this one:D £199
Fieldsheer 2 piece full zip leathers (summer only, as I seem to have 'grown' - and cant get more than a t-shirt on under the jacket:D ) old - cant remember

Frank Thomas medium weight goretex gloves.£30
Rather spensive light leather gloves for summer. £pressie

Daytona boots - battered, but very comfy, should get a new pair - cant find the right pair to fit yet.£90
Assortment of boots not worn for last 3 years, all in good nick.(I just hoard them)
Assortment of neckwarmers, depending on the weather

C

celt
30-03-2004, 04:25 PM
matt rubberised craft rxx lid with black visor £220

Spidi jacket retro look (black with thin tan strip across chest) £299

Hein Gericke trousers £150

Dainese summer gloves (lovely and thin but triple thick in places if that makes sense) £99

Alpine stars winter £69 (havent arrived yet) got £20 off cause its better weather and he wanted ride of winter stock.

Daytona trans open gtx £225 the most comfy boots i have ever owned. i cant recommend them enough.

10 hole Doc's as well £59 (i tried timberland and caterpilller and they were both s^@t)

also got a set of very light regatta waterproofs. trousers and jacket pack into two packs no bigger than a can of fosters. and they were only £7.99 each.

Migsangel
30-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Two piece Dianese Tribal leathers - Silver and Black

Frank Thomas Boots - Black

Frank Thomas Gloves - Silver and Black

Arai RV Helmet - Black

I have no idea what my kit cost...its one of those things...they are all paid for...and that is all I that matters...

Mand
30-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Blue and White Shoei helmet with nice visor thingy to stop me steaming up when I get excited on my baby - ooo eer!

Revit Gortex Jacket with so much body armour I would make Arnie look like a wimp.

Got a leather jacket but don't feel as comfy at the Revit Jacket.

Revit Leather trousers cos I am very much a lady shape in the bottom area and they are generous in that department.

Furyan gloves - they are okay but the cotton inner is digging in a bit - think I need some new ones.

Sidi Vertebra 2 - very comfy but have a tendency to creak a bit - blob of silicon does the trick.

Roll on the BMF for some bargains.

crust
30-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Arai Quantum if its nice
Shoei if its cold
Arai VX if its dirty

Furygan leather jacket, nice and thick leather
Dainese Goretex Jkt, warm and dry
Alpinestars perforated leather for when its hot
T shirt, cos I like the wind in me pits

Black leather jeans, comfy
denim jeans, cool in summer

Alpinestars Bostrom suit, trackdays and hooning

Alpinestars Victory V boots, nice shiny metal plates on the front, warm, dry, very protective, good for messing up cars
Sidi Vertebra, light and comfy
Sidi black rain, waterproof
Paraboots, comfy and good for walking in

Frank thomas carbon gloves, they fitted
Alpinestars waterproof gloves, they are

:) Crust

A Yerbury
30-03-2004, 08:41 PM
titanium chain mail, gene simmonds boots, gauntlets of power, trojan helmet, a cape, utility belt replete with "bat-o-rang" small dab of canestan.........and channel N.o 5.

A Yerbury
30-03-2004, 08:43 PM
oh and a polaroid of JMO stapled to my black heart..........:)

steviej
30-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Airfix

thesaxman
31-03-2004, 12:19 AM
aria helmet
leather jacket
jeans
and a pair of doc martins

ohh and some other stuff to keep warm when its cold
:p

gjams
31-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Helmet: HJC - very comfy and not too pricey
boots: Daytona JourneyGTX - Short, nice and all goretex'd up
Hein Gericke - very comfy but Feet in a swimming pool
effect even 5 min after rain starts.
Jackets: Dainese "Mamba" long, goretex, very warm
Spool (French?) leather jacket, very warm, good protection
RST leather jacket - Super comfy, and the protection falls in all the right places
Trousers: RST leather jeans - zip to Jacket very comfy
Buffallo (??) waterproof.... my arse!....

Runningman
05-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Lids- Roof Diversion, Aria Maverick T
Jackets - Dainese armoured Jacket, Furygan leather jacket
Strides - Dainese leathers, Dainese gortex
Gloves summer - Alpine Stars SP2 (Lost in town today)
Gloves Winter - Dainese Goretex
Boots - Sidi couriers
+ all manner of Gore windstopper stuff all in the obligatory black.

Cool!

gary tompkins
05-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Main kit...

Craft RX9 lid (still drying out)
Frank thomas 2 piece race leathers
Motorline victory cordura/gortex winter jacket (5 year old Ally Pally £80 bargain)
Weisse cordura winter trousers - crap quality and a waste of £100
Sidi vertbra mk2 boots
Alpine Stars Jet goretex gloves (top kit & on my 2nd pair)

Other top kit...

My faithfull Frank thomas Aquapack oversuit - saved me from drowning at arrow mill:rolleyes:

Sealskins goretex boot liners - another essential for Arrow Mill

Helle Hansen micro fleece thermal top and leggings

Cold killers gortex/fleece neck & chest warmer - best £15 I've ever spent

Gizmo
06-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Shoei XV Beattie rep and Shoei XR1000 TC1 alloy

Dainese Tech 2 - 2 pce leathers, interchangeable liners for summer/winter, scuffed but love them and can't get a 2 pce thats as good or with same features. ( why did they stop making this suit??)

Dainese Bora 1 pce suit

Alpinestars Dyno leather jacket for nipping to shops, posing in town

Alpinestars gortex trousers and jacket

Alpinestars SMX pro boots ( take a lot of breaking in)

Alpinestars GP pro gloves
Dainese goretex gloves

Dainese scarf and helmet balaclava

dean
06-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Helmet- arai quantam f- getting a shadow open face helmet this week)
jacket dainese ducati
gloves dainese summer (all year round, cos i'm hard)
boots- dainese (getting redwing this week)
trousers- shoei- ripped- good ventilation
Bra- madame foner (swansea's permiere hosiery supplier)
underwear- ann summers
handbag- louis vitton

paul620sie
06-05-2004, 11:15 AM
For me its....

Helmet; Suomy (Ducati) Gunwind - purchased with the bike for peanuts.
Leathers; Spidi, black two piece - E-bay bargin (£90), never worn by original owner!
Gloves; Alpinestars SP2 - I get a generous "staff discount" cos they supply our drivers kit and co-sponser the cars.
Boots; Alpinestars Roam - see above, but looking to get some Sidi V2's very soon for summer.

I also have an unused Frank Thomas Edge 2 piece water proof/lined suit that I never use so its going on e-bay this weekend.

restin
13-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Some of you guys have mentioned kit from Hien Gericke!
I dont have a shop near and have tried to buy stuff mail order but have only ever got hold of right twats on the sales desk and they never have a thing in stoke, am I alone in this??

fatbloke
13-05-2004, 10:46 AM
There's a Hien Gericke store in Slough (not that far from you) well worth the ride.

SteveSki
13-05-2004, 10:54 AM
KBC VR-7 lid (yes the chrome/bling version) with chrome visor.

Apline star all-in-one racing suit.

Alpine start booties

Frank Thomas gloves (with kangaroo leather?!)

And for those confident days:

Frank Thomas leather coat

Frank Thomas Booties

shorts, flip-flops and cannonball lid

:D

psychlist
13-05-2004, 12:12 PM
AGV V-flyer Mad dog (when it arrives eh missy ;) ), bright Yellow!
Spidi X-treme 2-piece full zip-together armoured & vented leathers, 2nd hand but decent quality in bright Red/White/Silver!
Buffalo (summer) leather gloves with billions of little perforations to let the fresh air circulate! £15 from last years BMF show, Bright Blue
Sidi vert 1 boots, £99 from the BMF show last year :p , bright Blue!
Now got meself a decent back protector after my misadventure last autumn as well, but usually just wear a t-shirt and (unpadded) cycle shorts underneath. I simply slip a thin but windproof fluoro yellow cycling jacket over the top for winter riding, but then I do have the velcro on Oxford heated bar grips to keep my delicate fingers warm :rolleyes:
You certainly cant NOT see me on the road riding my bright Yellow Ducati ;)

nik_the_brief
13-05-2004, 12:24 PM
Okay - here's the budget version:

Akito Mercury Plus jacket - £20 from the boot fair (and another £20 to have the split seam stitched).

Heavy Duty (no I've never heard of 'em either) leather trousers, very comfortable and good quality leather £7 from the local boot fair.

Diadora boots (from the same guy who sold me the leather trousers) £3 - I'd haggled for the jeans and then got the boots thrown in for 3 quid. "Tell you what mate I'll give you a tenner for the both of 'em you know they're going to a good home".

Summer gloves - cheapy Kevlar ones from LIDL (no I'm not that much of a chav to regularly frequent the estanblishment - I got a tip off from this esteemed site) - £7.50 or so.

Winter gloves - Akito (dunno what they're called but they're nice and warm) - £30 knocked down from about £60 at my local bike dealers in Folkestone.

All in one waterproofs from LIDL (the same tip off) - under a tenner (and not bad quality actually!!).

Airoh PR2000 flip front lid - I think it was about £100, noisy but it does provide the best of both worlds.

Whole lot - under £200 - result for the tight git from south east England!!

spacemonkey
13-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Bloody hellfire-are these new immigration laws hitting you hard in the pocket?

Byron Kauffman
13-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Wow... I must be the cheap guy on the forum.

AGV helmet bought at the end of year sale at Daytona. I will be replacing it any day now since it is several years past its prime.

Leather AMA motorcycle jacket or Dickies Garageman jacket depending on weather.

80s generation Fox or Bates gloves depending on weather. I bought several pair when I found what fit me.

Jeans and work boots.

DesmoDog
13-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Dianese lid - er a metallic black one, with dark visor
Dianese leather, like foggies - black with a white and red stripe up the arm.
Saving for some Sidis

nik_the_brief
13-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Nah Space - just an expensive Missus!

NewMon
13-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Arai Lid, Excellent but v. old and broken now - looking for replacement.
"Bikers Paradise" leather trousers - still fit after 12 years! Only leather trousers I've ever had.
"Bikers Paradise" leather jacket - ditto.
Frank Thomas waterproof gloves for summer.
"Bikers paradise" gloves for winter - still too stiff on account of using the above during a lot of the winter.
Boots.

I really wish I could afford the branded "designer gear" especially in the boot and glove dept.

DesmoDog
13-05-2004, 08:46 PM
ooooh if only I had some boots though new mon - my riders have this distinctive half winkle picker look!

John k
25-06-2004, 12:06 PM
My lid is an OGK I got from Ally Pally - Am in need of a new one as the lining is poo. Might Get a roof but I am square of jaw and am not too sure about the fit...

Jacket is Dainese (Imatra - 70's retro cream/red/blue) - Am after a Dainese 'Scud' tho!!!! Look the nuts in black (ahem)

Boots are also Dainese Tci - sooo comfy it's untrue!!

My gloves are Dainese (again) Summer gloves - got em for £40 at Sondel, north London - Bargin!!!

I have also started to wear a Dainese (wave) back protector (aint worth the risk is it?!) and must say it's a comfy bit of kit.

Saying that, I wear boot cut jeans all year long..........

NewMon
25-06-2004, 06:25 PM
I've just been back to Bikers Paradise in Cov. Got an armoured suit "Stealth". Off the peg fit for trousers which is unusual for me (being short of leg). They've just modified the jacket sleeves to fit as they were a bit long. Modified my old jacket too. This suit has loads of armour and a back protector so I feel a bit better protected.