PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Monster again after 23 years

Air cooled
19-01-2021, 10:29 PM
Hi all,

I last had a great little tuned M600 in the late 90s that I sold at the time in the quest for more speed. Fast forward 23 years...I had recently arranged a test ride on an 821 Stripe (in the quest for more oomph over my Aprilia Shiver 750) but it sold before I could make it to the dealer.
As you do in lockdown - I was looking at bikes instead of working when I came across a 1200s, which definitely has a bit more go but was located in the Shetlands. So sensibly, I bought it sight unseen, I haven’t actually tried the current generation of Monsters but this one looked immaculate. I am now waiting for it to be shipped down to SW London like a five years old waiting for Christmas Day!

I’ll post some pics when it arrives.

Cheers

slob
19-01-2021, 11:29 PM
Welcome back

Luddite
19-01-2021, 11:52 PM
Welcome back!

One thing's for sure - you're really going to notice a difference between your old M600 and the new 1200! :eek: When's it due to arrive?

Of course, you realise you'll have to change your forum name now, don't you? :rolleyes:

mickj
20-01-2021, 09:45 AM
Welcome to the forum Air Cooled, :thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
20-01-2021, 10:46 AM
located in the Shetlands. So sensibly, I bought it sight unseen,

But for the slight issue of the lockdown and the time of year, I would have jumped at the opportunity to fly to the Shetlands with a crash helmet and ride that baby home... What an adventure!
I came very close to doing this for a bike in Anglesey as there is an airport very near where the bike was and chartering a light aircraft is not as rich as you might imagine, especially if you compare it to a train ticket(s) or a two way car journey. (You would save a ferry crossing too for Shetland. Not sure the trains even get as far as the ferry?)

Welcome back Air (or water) Cooled enjoy your new bike.. :thumbsup:

utopia
20-01-2021, 12:35 PM
Welcome back .... 'Cooled.

Darkness
20-01-2021, 01:31 PM
Welcome back.

You are in for a pleasant surprise when you give the throttle a tweak!

Darren69
20-01-2021, 02:42 PM
If you've not ridden any 4v LC Ducati before then the only thing that will need to be air cooled in your undercrackers! :)

Air cooled
20-01-2021, 07:50 PM
Cheers all,

It will arrive late next week. I agree it would have been an adventure heading to the Shetlands, but maybe in the spring �� apparently it’s blowing a gale up there.
I will get get familiar with it before switching to sport - but then again...
At least I’ll fit crash bungs first.

mickj
21-01-2021, 09:23 AM
I have ridden from Benbecula in the Outer Hebrides to Plymouth on a bike in winter and I have to say its not much fun.

walkingpictures
22-01-2021, 04:49 PM
If you've not ridden any 4v LC Ducati before then the only thing that will need to be air cooled in your undercrackers! :)

Absolutely spot on :mand: