PDA

View Full Version : Motrax Rrsend

manc skank
24-03-2004, 03:21 PM
all this talk of tail chopping has got me thinking, anyone got a pic or clue how the rrsend fits onto the chopped frame?

steviej
24-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Ar' right Manc Skank,

Wierd. I just had a quick run to Manc Ducati today. BRILL. I saw one of them there Rsend thingymajigs, was tempted cos my Monstro's lost it's tail, but CHRIST, £15 for a bit o' bent metal & a coupla bolts. Anyway, after readin' your post I tried to visualise how it was fitted. The conclusion being: I THINK it bolts on to the underside of the seat catch mechanism.

PS: I take it you passed then??

Pedro
24-03-2004, 07:00 PM
I think it's designed to bolt behind the number plate so some imagination may be required

Ped

manc skank
24-03-2004, 07:02 PM
cool, will check it at manc duc.

ya i passed :D

steviej
24-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by manc skank
cool, will check it at manc duc.

ya i passed :D

Rick,

Don't bother with manc duc, 'cos the rrsend was in a small wrapper with not much detail. Havin' said that they maybe able to tell/show you how it fits. ANY EXCUSE FOR A RIDE OUT WILL DO.:D :D

As for passin' your test, a BIG congrats ar' kid. Look forward to seein' you in the near future.................

manc skank
24-03-2004, 07:16 PM
soon dude soon! im gonna try take leave for the 18th april out to rivington! :D

steviej
24-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Sorted......................upforrit.............. .........

Pedro
24-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Manc

I sorted the tail out on mine without the hacksaw and used a Spareshack part - can post a piccy or two over the weekend if you want to see the difference. Still got the tea tray tho

Let me know

Ped

crust
24-03-2004, 09:21 PM
£15.00 :eek:

dont bother, get your local yellow pages/thompsons and look up 'fabricators'

you want a piece of stainless about 2mm thick, the size of your numberplate with a tongue narrow enough to fit where your rear light bolts, and with a couple of ears either side for the indicators to bolt on to.

A couple of hours in the garage with some cardboard and some scissors will sort out the correct template for your particular wants.

Then off you go to your nearest fabricator, hello, please could make one of these ;)

£5 or £10 for a drink ;) and you have a nice stainless bracket, plus if you play it right some contacts for cheap polishing, welding etc

most of what you want is off-cuts to them and your cash pays for their beers.

:) Crust

manc skank
24-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Pedro
Manc

I sorted the tail out on mine without the hacksaw and used a Spareshack part - can post a piccy or two over the weekend if you want to see the difference. Still got the tea tray tho

Let me know

Ped

that would be cool :D

A Yerbury
24-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Just as crust says.........

npotts
25-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Alright Manc
I live in Northwich man and have a Spareshack tailchop attachment for a monster. I was going to do a tailchop but ended up selling my bike and buying a 748.

Its bran new - you can have it for abit of cash...
Let me know. I can meet you at Ducati Manc this weekend if you want and you can take a look...

Nick

manc skank
25-03-2004, 10:51 AM
cool nick! sent you a PM or if you dont pick it up how's saturday? :D

npotts
25-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Sent you a PM mate