24-03-2004, 03:24 PM
thought after all my pain this might be helpful to someone:

24 years old
1 years ncb
garaged
datatool evo
'97 Monster 750
UK resident 2.5 years

book valued at £2500 and insured for that although some places accepted £3k or £3.5, apparantly it didnt change the premium.
:confused:

adrian flux: wouldnt insure me
cofield: wouldnt insure me
Laxtons: wouldnt insure me
Ducati insurance: £1100 £175 excess
Bennets: £1900
Motorcycle direct: £1400
Wicked quotes: £1200

someone else quoted £2200 but i think my mind shutdown when i heard that...

so if my bike gets nicked it get paid out £1750 after excess for a 1997 M750 with £1800 accessories.... makes me want to weep...

:rolleyes: :( :(

Jamcoly
24-03-2004, 03:59 PM
is that fully comp.?
when i brought my 2001 M600 when i was 19 i got TPFF cover for under a £1000 from ducati insurance.
this year now 21. my lowest quote was £120 with 4 years N.C.D.

manc skank
24-03-2004, 04:18 PM
nope all tpft

spacemonkey
24-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Sheee-it! Have you tried Carole Nash?

manc skank
24-03-2004, 08:04 PM
nope

they insured me for my scoot, didnt bother with them...
doubt they could get it any better

steviej
24-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Rick,

If it's not too late, try these:

Hastings (https://www.hastingsdirect.com/Bike%20Insurance/bikeinsurance.asp)

manc skank
24-03-2004, 09:43 PM
thanks stevie, but i already went with the guys from insuremyducati/riders choice.

tpft £676 a year and £750 excess. craaazy.

just went for my first ride, just a mile to the local petrol place, opened it up on the way back; just a little; whistling of the FCRs, roar from the exhaust, think i wet my pants :D

snakey
25-03-2004, 09:04 AM
:eek:
I guess there are some advantages to being an 'old barstward' I got mine from wickedquotes was £288 F/C for 2 duc's, after having my last bike nicked and loosing 4 years from my ncb. Mind you I remember when I was that age (21) f/c on a year old honda 750/4 was £68 (and an old Rider policy- wish I'd kept that one!) Those were the days ..........

Pete. :D

JAYNEYT
25-03-2004, 10:02 AM
manc.......those insurance prices make my eyes water.............

mine is due for renewal in 4 weeks and if they quote me over £160 they can shuv' it !!! (and thats only with 1yr NCB)

manc skank
25-03-2004, 10:05 AM
aye, i think i got shafted cos i've only had my license for 3 days :D
...i didnt mention any mods to the bike either :dodgy:

manc skank
25-03-2004, 02:02 PM
An update for you!!

Adrian Flux who refused to insure me over the phone cos im a johnny foreigner called me today after process my internet application with the following quote:

Premium £676 all in and £250 excess!!!!

thats £500 less excess!

well after fightning with InsuremyDucati about cancelling they wanted to charge me £200 to cancel!!! "all insurance brokers have a minimum 30% cancellation charge sir" yadda yadda, blah blah

got a good tip from my boss:

i told them i was never informed of the terms and conditions of 30% cancellation charges, and they could replay their recorded phone calls to prove it! also asked when they had posted the T&Cs to me, 09:45 this morning....

managed to get them to drop it to £55 to cancel. still hurts, but not as much as a £750 excess :D :D :D

insuremyducati can kiss my hairy ass, lying thieving bastards!

tpft all the trimmings £676 with £250 excess - adrian flux.

:p

Plum
25-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Makes me feel better about the £380 fully comp they charged me when i bought the bike for me 26th birthday. Insurance companies....license to print money!!

Stay Groovy

JAYNEYT
25-03-2004, 03:22 PM
You have all jinxed me....................

Adrian Flux don't want to insure me this year !!!!

They wont insure a non standard bike and will invalidate any such claim against one. They offered me an agreed value policy but then said my bike wasn;t modified enough as it looked like a monster !!! THE SHISTERS.

manc skank
25-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by JAYNEYT
You have all jinxed me....................

Adrian Flux don't want to insure me this year !!!!

They wont insure a non standard bike and will invalidate any such claim against one. They offered me an agreed value policy but then said my bike wasn;t modified enough as it looked like a monster !!! THE SHISTERS.

????????????????????
they said to me thay would insure my modified bike but i would only get standard replacement parts in event of a claim!?!!?

phone again ask for duncan, he was pretty helpful today or tom also pretty good, tell them Richard the guy who was having problems with Rides Choice sent you, maybe they will be sympathetic?

JAYNEYT
25-03-2004, 04:29 PM
I am insured with Adrian Flux at present and its up for renewal in April so I thought I'd ring em and get the renewal quote.

The renewal guys said that the underwriters would not insure me with illegal cans and whatsmore any modification to the bike. They will only insure it as a standard bike - even said that my polished casings would invalidate the insurance as its makes the bike more nickable!!!!!

Can't be arsed with them to tell you the truth - all insurance companies are the same - happy to take your money but not happy to pay up when anything happens - if they want to be such arses I will take my business elsewhere - pi**ed off about it though I have recommended so many people to them.

As Winnie the Pooh says - Ho Hum........

manc skank
25-03-2004, 05:02 PM
mmm the only peeps who said that mods were ok were ducati insurance. not that they would pay out... but didnt mind them...