PDA

View Full Version : Weekender anyone?, 2021

Pages : [1] 2

Moco1961
09-09-2020, 07:43 PM
So there I am discussing the current situation we all find ourselves in with the CEO of the firm I work for, he also owns a Hotel. A very nice Hotel. Was chewing the cud about the Rossett and how difficult things are what with wedding cancellations and the like...............fast forward a few days and his manager gets in touch, I get the chance of 24 rooms . Its the only weekend they can offer availability next year with the exception of February or November ! A seed was sown, yes its in Barrow-in-Furness and all the rooms are doubles but Weekender 2021........... lets see shall we.

Here is the deal at the Abbey Hall Hotel,

Friday 25th June
24 bedrooms at a rate of £125 per room, based on 2 sharing and includes an Italian Style Buffet event in our Alfresco area and terrace, also includes breakfast

Saturday 26th June
24 bedrooms at a rate of £125 per room, based on 2 people sharing and includes a set 3 course dinner (with Vegetarian/Vegan option) in the Great Hall, also includes breakfast

Sunday 27th June
24 bedrooms at a rate of £125 per room, based on 2 people sharing and includes a BBQ in or Alfresco area and terrace, also includes breakfast

There was originally 20 rooms but they released more to facilitate single occupancy at the rate of £85 per room.

Its a stretch North ,however this does hopefully appeal to our members North of the Border.It would be great to get you guys along.

Apologies for the timing of this post, given the latest directives regarding social gatherings, but this is next June.......surely we will be out of this mess by then ??

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/images/WE2021_print.jpg

ChrisC2925
09-09-2020, 07:51 PM
Mr & Mrs C for a double please Mike

ColinS2R
09-09-2020, 07:57 PM
Anyone fancy sharing? ( I assume it’s single beds?)

Moco1961
09-09-2020, 08:00 PM
Col, they are double beds mate! But if you are offering:spin:

Moco1961
09-09-2020, 08:01 PM
Mr & Mrs C for a double please Mike

Consider it done Chris, I am speaking to the hotel again tomorrow so will post up details on deposits.:thumbsup:

ColinS2R
09-09-2020, 08:27 PM
���� I don’t come cheap!!��

Moco1961
10-09-2020, 12:27 PM
OK Folks I have just had a conversation with Donna,who will be the contact at the Abbey Hall. Tel:-01229 838282

I have just paid my deposit of £50-00/head on my CREDIT CARD.She will not be taking any funds from that card until nearer the event.I did this just to get some good faith going really.

She does not want any more deposits from anyone else at this stage, happy for me to forward a booking list OR individuals can contact the Hotel direct, quote "Ducati Weekend" and you will be allocated a room.

We have agreed to review the deposit situation in November, she fully understands the current "caution" due to government guidelines etc and assures me that if the event is postponed due to COVID no deposits will be taken.

Stinger101
10-09-2020, 02:16 PM
A double for Tracey & I on the Friday & Saturday please.

Moco1961
10-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Hi Mark, a pleasure sir, consider it done:thumbsup: Hope you are both keeping well.

Grumpy
10-09-2020, 09:17 PM
I'll take a single for the three nights.
Ta!

Moco1961
11-09-2020, 06:48 AM
Thanks James, you are now booked in mate:thumbsup:

the lodger
11-09-2020, 10:25 AM
Hi is there a rough program for the weekend ?

Moco1961
11-09-2020, 11:02 AM
Hi Nigel,

The weekend is still in its embryonic stage and will be tailored to meet the attendees. The intention is to make it the attendees weekender. To explain I have had interest expressed in a couple of locations in the area which I would like to incorporate in the ride outs,

Devonshire Dock
Ravenglass railway
Conniston ( bluebird museum).

Because of the distance travelled probably choice of short /long rideouts and lots of evening relaxation !!:thumbsup:

Hope that wets the appetite !!

the lodger
11-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Great thanks.please put me down for a double Friday and Saturday. Ta

Moco1961
11-09-2020, 12:02 PM
Nigel, you are most welcome along, great stuff consider it done.:thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
11-09-2020, 04:31 PM

I hope that's all it wets!! Only been to, or through Cumbria three times. Rained cats and dogs each time!

Put me down for three nights in a single please.

FrankenDesmo
11-09-2020, 06:47 PM
Is it £85 total per night for single rooms or is that an additional single supplement on top of the £125?

If it's £85 per night then please put me down for the 3 nights.

Darren69
11-09-2020, 06:59 PM
Barrow in Furness can be nice depending on the weather but then it can be miserable too, no worse than Wales though! It could 'whet' or it could be 'wet' But when it rains it really rains. they have lots of lakes there to prove it :)

Moco1961
11-09-2020, 07:08 PM
I hope that's all it wets!! Only been to, or through Cumbria three times. Rained cats and dogs each time!

Put me down for three nights in a single please.

Hey Gazza, there is a reason there are so many lakes there! The hotel roof doesn't leak so we are all good ,welcome aboard sir! ( no nautical pun intended):thumbsup:

Darren69
11-09-2020, 07:14 PM
Yes there are some very big puddles up that way. If the weathers nice you can see the IOM though, but not sure where you could get a crossing from?

Moco1961
11-09-2020, 07:15 PM
Is it £85 total per night for single rooms or is that an additional single supplement on top of the £125?

If it's £85 per night then please put me down for the 3 nights.

Hi Jase, it's £85.00/night for the double room single occupancy so I am pleased to say......your booked mate and thank you. :thumbsup:

Darkness
11-09-2020, 07:38 PM
Hi Moco.
Please put me down for me & Mrs Darkness.

Moco1961
11-09-2020, 07:45 PM
Yes there are some very big puddles up that way. If the weathers nice you can see the IOM though, but not sure where you could get a crossing from?

That would be Heysham Daz, bit South of the lakes but quieter than the Liverpool crossing

Moco1961
11-09-2020, 07:48 PM
Hi Moco.

Hi Mark, an absolute pleasure to do so mate, you don't mention how many nights? All three ?.

FrankenDesmo
11-09-2020, 07:58 PM
Hi Jase, it's £85.00/night for the double room single occupancy so I am pleased to say......your booked mate and thank you. :thumbsup:

Fantastic!

Darkness
11-09-2020, 09:03 PM
Hi Mark, an absolute pleasure to do so mate, you don't mention how many nights? All three ?.

Yes thanks.

Moco1961
11-09-2020, 09:15 PM
....brilliant Mark, cheers :thumbsup:

Goofle
11-09-2020, 09:52 PM
I work in Barrow and have accomodation there so wouldn’t be overnighting but I’ll certainly try to get for one of the rides and probably the meal too if that’s ok?

Goofle
11-09-2020, 10:00 PM
Hi Nigel,

The weekend is still in its embryonic stage and will be tailored to meet the attendees. The intention is to make it the attendees weekender. To explain I have had interest expressed in a couple of locations in the area which I would like to incorporate in the ride outs,

Devonshire Dock
Ravenglass railway
Conniston ( bluebird museum).

Because of the distance travelled probably choice of short /long rideouts and lots of evening relaxation !!:thumbsup:

There’s also the Lakeside Motor Museum and the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway not far away too. The roads in the area are pretty good as well, I’ve got a few personal favourites.
Blackpool Tower is visible from the Coast Road, despite the town being a fair trek by land as you have to go around Morecambe Bay.
Equally Grange-over-Sands is good as a tourist destination - and I can suggest the cheap rough pubs in Barrow if anybody fancies a change (that’d be suggestions based on what I’ve been told. Obviously!).

dacs
11-09-2020, 10:30 PM
Moco, a room for all three nights for me & Mrs Dacs if you please. Needs to be a twin room, is that possible?

Moco1961
12-09-2020, 04:47 AM
I work in Barrow and have accomodation there so wouldn’t be overnighting but I’ll certainly try to get for one of the rides and probably the meal too if that’s ok?

Hi Ian, absolutely ok, any locals are more than welcome to join in, you don't have to be staying at the hotel.thanks for your suggestions on your second post too. Am I right in saying the motor museum is in the middle of Keswick? As a general principle I was trying to steer away from the tourist hot spots ,but your advice will be valuable.

Not sure if we will be at the lockgate next month with new"guidelines" but will catch up soon mate.

Moco1961
12-09-2020, 04:49 AM
Moco, a room for all three nights for me & Mrs Dacs if you please. Needs to be a twin room, is that possible?

Welcome Dave, your contribution will be invaluable mate:thumbsup:

Goofle
12-09-2020, 07:02 AM
Hi Ian, absolutely ok, any locals are more than welcome to join in, you don't have to be staying at the hotel.thanks for your suggestions on your second post too. Am I right in saying the motor museum is in the middle of Keswick? As a general principle I was trying to steer away from the tourist hot spots ,but your advice will be valuable.

Not sure if we will be at the lockgate next month with new"guidelines" but will catch up soon mate.

I believe the motor museum in Keswick shut a good few years ago ...
The Lakeland Motor Museum is (to the best of my knowledge) still open, albeit with booking essential now due to Covid. It’s between Ulverston and Newby Bridge.

Moco1961
12-09-2020, 08:10 AM
I believe the motor museum in Keswick shut a good few years ago ...
The Lakeland Motor Museum is (to the best of my knowledge) still open, albeit with booking essential now due to Covid. It’s between Ulverston and Newby Bridge.

......spot on mate,:thumbsup:, looks good,bookings only as you say. It's now in the " consideration " pile .As we gain momentum the itinerary will become clearer.

Mr Gazza
12-09-2020, 09:13 AM
Within a mile of RGM Motors in Beckermet, where I get all my Commando bits, is Sellafield (formerly Windscale). RGM is a mail order facility only although I did call in once and was warmly received by Roger Meyer, who does have an extensive collection of Nortons there. I doubt we could visit him as a group but I could ask if you like?
Sellafield has (or had) a visitor centre and tours could be booked. No idea if this is still going as the site is being dismantled and only processes radioactive waste as far as I know.
The road from Barrow to Sellafield is, er, interesting!

Moco1961
12-09-2020, 09:20 AM
Within a mile of RGM Motors in Beckermet, where I get all my Commando bits, is Sellafield (formerly Windscale). RGM is a mail order facility only although I did call in once and was warmly received by Roger Meyer, who does have an extensive collection of Nortons there. I doubt we could visit him as a group but I could ask if you like?!

....no harm in asking mate, like everyone I hope by next June we will have minimal restrictions. lets get options on the table:thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
12-09-2020, 09:26 AM
I've got another order due, so I'll pop the question. If Sellafield still does tours maybe we could have a double hit?

Moco1961
12-09-2020, 09:35 AM
I've got another order due, so I'll pop the question. If Sellafield still does tours maybe we could have a double hit?

Bad news on the double hit mate, I have just watched a you-tube vid of it being demolished, very definitely not there any more !

Mr Gazza
12-09-2020, 09:44 AM
Oh well it was there 12 months ago.
Forget that then.. :(

rollo22
12-09-2020, 04:56 PM
Can i put my mark on a single please for 3 nights.

Darren69
12-09-2020, 05:43 PM
Oh well it was there 12 months ago.
Forget that then.. :(

Gazza, my work takes me up that way 2 or 3 times a year and they have been decommissioning Sellafield for at least the last 10 years. The last few years I have noticed that they were running regular very big train services (8 to 10 carriage trains pulled by the heavy freight locomotives that were originally used to transport stuff in and out of the site, to ferry workers and whatever else they needed to and from the site.) Trust me you do not wanna go there. They will still be trying to make that place safe again in another 10 years.

slob
12-09-2020, 05:48 PM
... They will still be trying to make that place safe again in another 10 years.

10,000 years?

it would have been 20,000 but they stopped calling it Windscale in 1981 ;-)

Darren69
12-09-2020, 06:09 PM
They'll probably stop trying after another 10 years (Imagine the costs) but yea will probably be more like 10,000

Moco1961
12-09-2020, 07:13 PM
Can i put my mark on a single please for 3 nights.

......of course you can Duncan, in fact I have just done it :biggrin:great to have you on board

DaveR
13-09-2020, 02:29 PM
Hi Mike, please can I book a single room for all 3 nights. I look forward to visiting the lakes, it's been far too long since I was there last.
Dave

slob
13-09-2020, 04:26 PM
Hi Mike, please stick my (&T) name(s) on a double room, thanks.

Moco1961
13-09-2020, 07:21 PM
Hi Dave, I have terrible news, I am not sure how to say this, adie851 has recently purchased................ An s4r, and it's BLUE.! More competition I am afraid:D

Dave it's great to have you on board, if you don't win best blue s4 then i guess you maybe in for "furthest travelled" , I know it's 9 months away but we need something to look forward too.:chuckle:

Moco1961
13-09-2020, 07:25 PM
Hi Mike, please stick my (&T) name(s) on a double room, thanks.

, of course Rob,a pleasure, I have everything crossed that you will be on two wheels by next June :thumbsup:

slob
13-09-2020, 07:33 PM
and I reckon I’m a smidgen further away than Colchester but the Kenties will beat that

alan s4
16-09-2020, 12:32 PM
I've always wanted to attend however dates and distance never quite worked out. Not so this time! Can you put me down for a single room on Fri and Sat please.

Moco1961
16-09-2020, 01:42 PM
Alan, an absolute pleasure to do so mate, I am pleased that you now have the opportunity to attend mate.:thumbsup:

Pezz
17-09-2020, 10:35 PM
Yo Mike,

Stick me down for a room - make it a double - can't guarantee Michelle will make it but fingers crossed...

Moco1961
18-09-2020, 03:37 AM
Hey Pezz, of course mate,it is done!, that Bike of the Year trophy must have grown roots into the mantelpiece by now :chuckle:

bigredduke
22-02-2021, 07:24 PM
So crystal-ballers.............
Does Boris' announcement today mean this is more or less likely to go ahead as planned?

davkyt
22-02-2021, 08:08 PM
So does today’s news mean this is cancelled?

Indoor hospitality opens on the 17th May but only to “household groups”
But the earliest possible date to remove the legal limits on social contact is the 21st June...

slob
22-02-2021, 08:21 PM
So crystal-ballers.............
Does Boris' announcement today mean this is more or less likely to go ahead as planned?

not looking great right now but you are talking about a compulsive liar who’s done more u-turns than colin mcrae

bigredduke
22-02-2021, 08:41 PM
At least Colin was talented and admired.

Moco1961
22-02-2021, 09:38 PM
.....there is time for two of us to legally adopt the rest of the group, thus two “ families”.

....find a park with many benches and coincidentally turn up in groups of two,

.......seriously though, I will make some enquiries at the hotel but I don’t think it’s looking that great tbh.:worried:

Grumpy
22-02-2021, 10:08 PM
According to Simplepolitics on Instagram, from the 17th of May staying away in hotels is allowed. There is no mention of family groups only.
Pubs are allowed table service inside to eat and drink.
Conferences are allowed, although how big has not been defined.

Mr Gazza
23-02-2021, 06:48 AM
According to Simplepolitics on Instagram,

To quote Abraham Lincoln "Never believe anything you read on the internet.".. :mand:

It's looking ever more hopeful though. The vaccination program has got to be helping? I'm getting my first stabulation on Friday.
Even if only the vaccinated are allowed to mingle by the June date, then surely we could have a low key Weekend with no frills and no expectations and then push the boat out say, in September?

Moco1961
23-02-2021, 11:00 AM
......I was seriously thinking of changing my Avatar to that of the Grim Reaper, I seem to be the clubs purveyor of bad news !!

So as always the enthusiasm is great , and greatly appreciated, I have communicated with the Hotel ,they are all in today to work out what is happening with the latest iteration of rules. the quote from Donna is:

It is confusing, you could all stay here in your individual households but wouldn’t be able to have the event side of it and mingle, its only 2 households/6 people indoors from 17th May – 20th June, then all back to normal from the 21st….hopefully

.....so Gazza, on the face of it it would be a very low key event based on the fact we dont actually come from the same households !

Its never over until the large lady sings....... trying to be PC there ( and failing) .... I have asked if diaries are destroyed then maybe we could be bumped a few weeks. She will get back to me asap. They are in chaos at the moment because all weddings that were previously bumped are being bumped again..... watch this space, where there is a will there is away :ukm:

alan s4
23-02-2021, 03:27 PM
You never know, Nicola might even open the border for us by then!

Although after today's announcement it doesn't look as if we will be getting out of lockdown in Scotland anytime soon.:grump:

SueB
04-03-2021, 09:55 PM
Hi. Are there any rooms left for the weekender? I joined ukmoc last year, although hubby milesb has been a member for years.
Thx Sue

Moco1961
05-03-2021, 09:38 AM
Hi Sue,
long time no hear, hope all is well in the Midlands.

It is my intention to give an update to everyone as soon as I have some positive news, I have been in contact with the Hotel as soon as the "roadmap" was announced last week.

As I dont want to leave folk hanging I will give a brief update as to where I am at with this.

So the hotel's initial reaction was that because the full restrictions dont get lifted until June 21st we were unable to hold the function at the hotel due to numbers involved.

After some e-mail ping pong and devising of cunning plans we came up with the following;

Breakfast can be taken in tables of 2 households and they would become your ‘indoor’ bubble whilst at tables 😊
all drinks are table service until the 21st June, normal trading hours no curfews, but you can mingle outside as restrictions are lifted once you go outside…

In case of bad weather we would have a covered area we can dedicate to you guys, we have plans to create new outdoor dining areas anyway as this is going to be life for the 3 months from April to June

So that looked promising, although heavily restricted we could go to the hotel, inside dining would be in bubbles ,all other dining outside. No function room could be used.
But then Donna mailed me to confirm.

We have also had confirmation that covered areas such as marquees are not going to be classed as ‘outdoor’ space, another kick in the stomach for hospitality. Last year they allowed marquees as long as 2 or more sides were up so at least people were covered. We’ve got new heaters etc coming
It seems we are scuppered if it rains

You can be outdoors mingling but if the weather turns then that’s the problem, we are getting some heaters and hopefully large umbrellas!

We will keep working on the dates this week and see what happens over the next few days – hopefully by Friday we will know one way or another

In summary we can stick with the Weekender date but its outside dining only, mingling restrictions and no covered areas outside so it really is outside. Donna is working to see if she can bump the date past 21st June .

I will keep everyone posted,

:thumbsup:

Tim88
05-03-2021, 10:40 AM
Heroic work on the Weekender planning....maybe if we changed the club name to 'Outlaws MC'....Monster Chapter, we could do whatever we liked?

bigredduke
05-03-2021, 11:15 AM
Rain? In the Lake District? Unheard of.

Moco1961
05-03-2021, 12:18 PM
Heroic work on the Weekender planning....maybe if we changed the club name to 'Outlaws MC'....Monster Chapter, we could do whatever we liked?

................. or simply said we are representing parliament and need to go on a long journey North to test our eyesight :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Stinger101
05-03-2021, 12:57 PM
Good info and super job Moco. Thanks for Tracey & I.

Darkness
05-03-2021, 01:14 PM
......I was seriously thinking of changing my Avatar to that of the Grim Reaper, I seem to be the clubs purveyor of bad news !!

Not ‘Grim up North’?

SueB
05-03-2021, 04:18 PM
Great thanks for the update. Really hope it happens we would love to come and meet some old (and probably grey) friends!

Moco1961
05-03-2021, 05:01 PM
Good info and super job Moco. Thanks for Tracey & I.

.... Hi Mark, we are within touching distance mate, dont want to get too excited just yet, I seem to recall being in this position before:spin:

Not ‘Grim up North’?

... well even if it is,I dont mind having a beer with you in the rain Mark :thumbsup:

Great thanks for the update. Really hope it happens we would love to come and meet some old (and probably grey) friends!

....well the good news is Sue that there is a room reserved for you, I just dont know the date yet !!. I hope I am grey when we meet..it means I still have some left !!!:D

slob
05-03-2021, 05:45 PM
... I seem to recall being in this position before ...

twice!

Moco1961
10-03-2021, 06:21 PM
So we have a revised date, ( this is so weird writing these words again !:mad:), Donna has shifted things around to ensure we get a weekend that is without restrictions. This of course has the caveat that Boris does his bit and sticks to the roadmap.

We have basically bumped a couple of weeks, so the new dates are 25th to 27th June.

I realise that date changes cause problems in diaries, I also realise that some members may have reservations about meeting up still, this will be down to personal choice at the end of the day, all views respected for sure.

What we have is an opportunity to hold the weekender at the Abbey on these dates.please think about it, then let me know. The rooms are reserved and obviously I need to know if the people on original guest list still want to attend, we will take it from there.

I will post up more details as I get them and as we gather momentum.

Hope this suits everyone,

Mike

ChrisC2925
10-03-2021, 06:31 PM
Me and Jane will be there, Mike so that's your starter for ten!!

Moco1961
10-03-2021, 06:41 PM
Nice one mate, so we have four already , 😄👍 I need some help with gazebo building ( I nearly said erection but thought better of it ):chuckle:

Mr Gazza
10-03-2021, 08:22 PM
This is unexpectedly good news, I didn't think it was ever going to happen!
I'm thinking of heading up the East side of the Country on Thursday and finding a stopover in Yorkshire, then heading across the moors on Friday to see if I'm in time to help you get an erection... Feeling much better about this now I've been vaccinated.

bigredduke
10-03-2021, 08:43 PM
Great news! Count me in for a twin with Utopia or a single if no twin available.
Thanks Mike

Moco1961
10-03-2021, 09:11 PM
This is unexpectedly good news, I didn't think it was ever going to happen!
I'm thinking of heading up the East side of the Country on Thursday and finding a stopover in Yorkshire, then heading across the moors on Friday to see if I'm in time to help you get an erection... Feeling much better about this now I've been vaccinated.

Great news! Count me in for a twin with Utopia or a single if no twin available.
Thanks Mike

Consider it done gentlemen, room configurations yet to be confirmed but I am sure we can accommodate everyone.

Vaccines certainly make a difference mr G for sure,whilst not making one immune there is certainly a degree of comfort once you receive that jab !

Grumpy
10-03-2021, 09:47 PM
I'm game!
Put my name on the list Mike, Stirling work by the way :mand:

I'm also planning a scenic route to the hotel, route planning has begun, sites to taken en-route being explored.

See you in June. :drunk:

utopia
10-03-2021, 10:57 PM
Yep, I'm up for it.
As BRD says, either a twin room or a single depending on availability.
Had my jab two weeks ago.

Nice one, Mike.

the lodger
11-03-2021, 10:23 AM
Yes, still up for it and looking forward to it .

Cheers, Nigel

Stinger101
11-03-2021, 10:45 AM
Tracey & I are still coming up for this. The new date suits us.

Moco1961
11-03-2021, 12:00 PM
Yes, still up for it and looking forward to it .

Cheers, Nigel

Hi Nigel, great stuff, thanks. Must get the Whats App thing sorted with you.:biggrin:

Moco1961
11-03-2021, 12:02 PM
Yep, I'm up for it.
As BRD says, either a twin room or a single depending on availability.
Had my jab two weeks ago.

Nice one, Mike.

Hi Jeff, got my first one on the 20th............ theres a pattern developing here eh !!

Look forward to seeing you mate, I will arrange a Pigeon scarer !!:thumbsup:

Moco1961
11-03-2021, 12:04 PM
I'm game!
Put my name on the list Mike, Stirling work by the way :mand:

I'm also planning a scenic route to the hotel, route planning has begun, sites to taken en-route being explored.

See you in June. :drunk:

....I had heard a rumour ! you are on the list mate of course, fingers crossed there are no hiccups, it will be a different affair but at least we can have the criac.

Moco1961
11-03-2021, 12:05 PM
Tracey & I are still coming up for this. The new date suits us.

Nice one Mark, look forward to seeing you and Tracy again, bike or bike /car combo ?

Stinger101
11-03-2021, 12:14 PM
Nice one Mark, look forward to seeing you and Tracy again, bike or bike /car combo ?

Bike/car combo. We live in Alcester, if someone wants to drop a bag here for Tracey to take in the car, then she can do. Just message me through the forum to arrange.

Mr Gazza
11-03-2021, 12:28 PM
Hi Jeff, .... I will arrange a Pigeon scarer !!:thumbsup:

I think it was a Seagull? It smelled fishy.. :chuckle::chuckle:

utopia
11-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Nope, it was definitely a pigeon.
Which begs the question .. what was the fishy smell ? :look:

Its funny how a huge splat of pigeon **** in your hair can end up being a happy memory, eh ?

Kato
11-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Vaccines certainly make a difference mr G for sure,whilst not making one immune there is certainly a degree of comfort once you receive that jab !

That of course depends on how you view the problem

Darren69
11-03-2021, 02:07 PM
Nope, it was definitely a pigeon.
Which begs the question .. what was the fishy smell ? :look:

Its funny how a huge splat of pigeon **** in your hair can end up being a happy memory, eh ?

Hot Tuna? :)

ChrisC2925
11-03-2021, 02:15 PM
Hot Tuna? :)

Giving your age away there Darren 🤣🤣

rollo22
18-03-2021, 06:05 AM
Mike,
Could you put me down for a single please.
A new horizon to look forward to.

Darkness
18-03-2021, 07:55 AM
Hi Moco.

We’re still in for the new date @Moco. Hope you’ve still got us down for the three nights?

Moco1961
18-03-2021, 04:27 PM
Hi Duncan, of course mate, you are in the mix. Yes I totally agree ,its nice to have something to look forward to and plan.

Moco1961
18-03-2021, 04:30 PM
100% Mark, looking forward to meeting you , I will start the list thing soon :biggrin:

DaveR
20-03-2021, 08:08 AM
That is good news Mike. I'm able to make the new dates. So still a single room please. Let's hope the only road map we'll need by then is how to get there.
Dave

Moco1961
20-03-2021, 09:05 AM
That is good news Mike. I'm able to make the new dates. So still a single room please. Let's hope the only road map we'll need by then is how to get there.
Dave

:chuckle::chuckle:, I must admit Dave, every time he holds a news conference I am a little nervous, fingers crossed we will make it, glad the revised date suits :thumbsup:

Darren69
20-03-2021, 09:35 AM
Giving your age away there Darren 🤣🤣

Well....as fan of classic rock from the late 60's, 70's and 80's but too young to remember some of it at the time. :)

Moco1961
21-04-2021, 11:33 AM
Right Folks, I have kept a social distance on this and let things settle down whilst the proposed Government "Roadmap" takes shape. Fully aware people will be taking their own time to get back to somewhere near normal.

It would appear so far so good so we need to get this thing sorted and have a good weekend on the 25th June.

Firstly of course there has been a date change to allow all the restrictions to be lifted, I had a list of attendees based on the original date, I just need to confirm where we are now with the new date , so below is a list of people who have confirmed they will be attending on the revised date. For those not on this list please confirm as soon as possible if you can attend and of course please feel free to join in if you hadnt previously done so. I fully understand Scotland has a different timetable to their Roadmap..........I am just not sure what it is !:chuckle: It would be great to get confirmation from you guys.

Be assured the wheels have begun to turn in the background:thumbsup:

Current confirmed guest list is
Mike & Karen
Chris & Jane
Adie & Barb
Pezz and Chelle
Bigredduke & Utopia
Mark & Tracy
Mr Gazza
Mr and Mrs "Darkness"
Mark Houldin
Andy C
Grumpy
Nigel ~The Lodger
Duncan "rollo"
David R
Dacs

So far we are filling just over half the 30 rooms allocated to us, it would be great to see a few more .

:ukm:

the lodger
21-04-2021, 12:18 PM
Mike

It's Nigel and Susan . I stopped calling her~ ages ago as she didn't like it.

Moco1961
21-04-2021, 12:27 PM
sorry Nigel, didnt realise you were being accompanied:chuckle:

jerry
21-04-2021, 10:18 PM
if I dont have a job that week offshore i will be honoured to make a booking when its happening ???

Moco1961
22-04-2021, 07:04 AM
Morning Jerry,

............ and an honour to welcome you sir! Its the weekend of 25th-27th June.

Its a long haul for you mate,fair play,:thumbsup:

jerry
23-04-2021, 09:47 AM
Morning Jerry,

............ and an honour to welcome you sir! Its the weekend of 25th-27th June.

Its a long haul for you mate,fair play,:thumbsup:

all depends on work if I have a contract I wont be there .. yes long run but no worse than Pattaya to Chiangmai or Phuket or Blighton to Vienna but I hate UK motorways ha ha there so boring prefer A roads ,,

ChrisC2925
23-04-2021, 04:57 PM
Very appropriate your last correspondence with Old Git Jerry should be on the day you become an old git yourself - happy birthday mate ��

Moco1961
24-04-2021, 05:29 AM
:chuckle::chuckle:......apologies for not responding yesterday, wasn’t onset of dementia....by the time I got in it was gin o’clock 👍, cheers,if you’re lucky I will save you some cake :biggrin:

FrankenDesmo
25-04-2021, 11:03 AM
Sorry for the late response, I'll have to forfeit my spot this year due to a calendar clash. I'll see about getting to some meet ups around the place over the summer instead👍

Moco1961
25-04-2021, 07:10 PM
That’s a shame Jason, hopefully we will catch up another time

FrankenDesmo
25-04-2021, 07:43 PM
I intend to do a few roadies with the van & bike so the aim will be to line some of those trips up with other meet ups going on, once they start up again.

Moco1961
01-05-2021, 12:07 PM
Design is done folks and on a separate thread “weekender and ukmoc tee shirts”, please check out that thread and order on there .

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51149446162_4f5206715c_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2kVUhjN)06F7F0F0-2DDC-4134-AB7C-C4388EF9D9E2 (https://flic.kr/p/2kVUhjN) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

ColinS2R
05-05-2021, 07:20 PM
Errrrr are there any spaces left?

slob
05-05-2021, 08:43 PM
Pretty sure that’s a ‘yes’ at the moment Colin, Mike’s a workaholic but I’m sure he’ll be along shortly with a definitive answer.

ColinS2R
05-05-2021, 08:47 PM
Great ! Cheers!

Moco1961
06-05-2021, 04:09 AM
Errrrr are there any spaces left?

Pretty sure that’s a ‘yes’ at the moment Colin, Mike’s a workaholic but I’m sure he’ll be along shortly with a definitive answer.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz.....morning...! Yes Col,of course, would sir like all three nights reserving? You are on the list mate thanks.sorry crashed and burned on the sofa while watching the”Italian job”, kinda lost interest when I realised it had boats not minis in!!,,

Have you got your rear tyre sorted ?, you could try it out this weekend with a trip North :biggrin:

Kato
06-05-2021, 07:46 AM
I like the T-shirts but I'd get the tremors if I went that far north:eyepopping:

Moco1961
06-05-2021, 08:26 AM
I like the T-shirts but I'd get the tremors if I went that far north:eyepopping:

.... its also much colder, usually wetter but on the plus side beer is cheaper and the roads are emptier ( I Hope !):chuckle:

ColinS2R
06-05-2021, 07:22 PM
That’s great!
Yes 3 nights please.
My weekend is spoken for ( plus errrrr the tyre is still adorning a nail) I’m afraid ��

Moco1961
06-05-2021, 07:40 PM
That’s great!
Yes 3 nights please.
My weekend is spoken for ( plus errrrr the tyre is still adorning a nail) I’m afraid ��

Nice one Col, is that you or you and mrs S2r ?:spin:

Oooh, nail not good......unless it’s a snow tyre of course!:thumbsup:

Ron1000
06-05-2021, 08:58 PM
***Weekender 2021 scotland troops tour :chuckle:***

Does anybody fancy it from up here? As area rep i can speak to moco and get the accommodation taken care of and arrange anything else we need; route down, overnight enroute etc.

I myself am a maybe…I’ll need to check if i have a work commission that weekend as it does ring a bell…although even if I can’t make it I’m still happy to do the arrangements for us.

Moco1961
06-05-2021, 09:43 PM
Would be great to meet you and the gang from North of the border:thumbsup:

ColinS2R
06-05-2021, 11:36 PM
Just me I’m afraid!!

Moco1961
07-05-2021, 04:10 AM
Just me I’m afraid!!

...don’t be afraid,you are amongst friends :chuckle:

Moco1961
07-05-2021, 10:57 AM
Its time for an update on the guest list, we still have some rooms to fill folks and time to do it,

Current confirmed guest list is:

Mike & Karen
Chris & Jane
Adie & Barb
Pezz and Chelle
Bigredduke & Utopia
Mark & Tracy
Mr Gazza
Mr and Mrs "Darkness"
Mark Houldin
Andy C
Grumpy
Nigel ~The Lodger
Duncan "rollo"
David R
Dacs
Colin S2r

the lodger
07-05-2021, 11:30 AM
Mike

You keep forgetting about my wife Susan. This is a very bad thing to do.

Cheers

Nigel

Moco1961
07-05-2021, 11:37 AM
I stand corrected once again Sir !.............its an age thing, quarter past three :scratch:

Current confirmed guest list is:

Mike & Karen
Chris & Jane
Adie & Barb
Pezz and Chelle
Bigredduke & Utopia
Mark & Tracy
Mr Gazza
Mr and Mrs "Darkness"
Mark Houldin
Andy C
Grumpy
Nigel and Susan
Duncan "rollo"
David R
Dacs
Colin S2r

Moco1961
09-05-2021, 08:40 PM
So,three of us gambled with the shocking recent weather to do a reccy for the weekender,meet Donna and generally discuss all things weekender.

The hotel I believe will put a smile on faces, gadget of the decade as far as I am concerned is the retractable roof on the outdoor seating area,which is our area by the way. So as the roof is closed the rows of lights are revealed ......and they were illuminated as it closed, epic! See pic 2:chuckle:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51169521205_e1f9270d4a_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2kXFaWe)C74CE4D3-A9A5-4718-92FA-B6B8D6008010 (https://flic.kr/p/2kXFaWe) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51169208609_b1148279d1_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2kXDz1D)EB1A567B-5E0B-415F-B04E-FE54ADF3D4D5 (https://flic.kr/p/2kXDz1D) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51168426201_a47ee78855_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2kXzyqR)06F00677-704A-4651-9F63-5E9245FF1AED (https://flic.kr/p/2kXzyqR) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

We have a dedicated bar and dining area inside too,what’s not to like:chuckle:

rollo22
10-05-2021, 05:51 AM
Looking Good Mike.

Moco1961
10-05-2021, 07:08 AM
Hi Duncan, it will be well worth the journey mate :thumbsup:

bigredduke
10-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Well done for organising, Mike.

I've just spotted the ideal place to park my trailer :idea:

Moco1961
10-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Paul there is plenty of space to park many trailers !:mand:

Moco1961
11-05-2021, 03:15 PM
Well, last nights press conference appears to be confirming we are on track for the roadmap to continue as planned, which in turn means we can be a bit more committed to the Weekender......... yes I was nervous too !:chuckle:

So a reminder about the donations too folks, all gratefully received and vital to pay for trophies, engraving, badges etc that make the weekender that little bit special. As previous years £10:00 for hotel residents and £5:00 for day visitors

Donate via PayPal, my account is "moco61<at>btinternet<dot>com"
Use Family and friends and use your forum name.......I know You all know the score by now ,

I hope you are looking forward to it as much as I am:booze:

Moco1961
11-05-2021, 03:58 PM
...........Vince, what can I say mate...Thank you:hail:

dacs
11-05-2021, 04:07 PM
on it's way via Paypal, cheers

Moco1961
11-05-2021, 04:28 PM
appreciated David, thank you :thumbsup:

Moco1961
12-05-2021, 03:57 AM
Mr G! ..... as always Sir:hail:, really appreciated

Moco1961
12-05-2021, 06:48 AM
Cheers,Duncan, much appreciated , thank you :thumbsup:

Moco1961
12-05-2021, 09:57 AM
Thanks Nigel ( and of course Sue ) :thumbsup: appreciated

Moco1961
12-05-2021, 12:35 PM
Hi Moco.

............gotcha !:look:.......... thanks for the donation Mark, erm Stephen looking forward to meeting you both :biggrin:

DaveR
12-05-2021, 04:22 PM
Tenner sent Mike
Is David R my posher alter ego?
Dave

Moco1961
12-05-2021, 05:35 PM
Nice one Dave, appreciated mate, things ramping up nicely now:thumbsup:

Moco1961
13-05-2021, 04:01 AM
Cheers Colin, appreciated mate:thumbsup:, any luck with the nail?

Moco1961
13-05-2021, 11:05 AM
Cheers Paul.............. do we need to do a best trailer catagory this time ?:D

Stinger101
13-05-2021, 01:01 PM
On its way Mike. Thank you for the effort you're putting into this.

Moco1961
13-05-2021, 02:07 PM
Hi Mark, really appreciated, thank you. I was thinking of you actually when discussing route options and what route to do on which day. As you will be disappearing Sunday I am proposing the Yorkshire Dales route for Saturday to give you a chance at the B6255 Ingleton to Hawes Road.............popular with the two wheel fraternity and a belter. Also passes the Ribblehead viaduct , fingers crossed the weather is good and the roads are empty:thumbsup:

Also you asked on the Tee shirt thread about the ladies sizing, see below and on the other thread about to be updated.
Ladies: S 6/8 M 8/10 L 12 XL 14 2XL 16

bigredduke
13-05-2021, 05:41 PM
Ooh! Best trailer category - what a great idea!:idea:

bigredduke
13-05-2021, 07:33 PM
Just trying to work out the best way to inform Mrs BRD that I will be visiting Hawes over the weekender

Moco1961
14-05-2021, 07:46 PM
Say you are not on your own :thumbsup:, actually don’t, say you won’t be up there for long....no don’t, she may already know that......say it’s just for the ride ....... NO DONT..... Paul,I see your dilemma good luck:thumbsup:

Moco1961
13-06-2021, 04:34 AM
Friday 25th June
24 bedrooms at a rate of £125 per room, based on 2 sharing and includes an Italian Style Buffet event in our Alfresco area and terrace, also includes breakfast

Saturday 26th June
24 bedrooms at a rate of £125 per room, based on 2 people sharing and includes a set 3 course dinner (with Vegetarian/Vegan option) in the Great Hall, also includes breakfast

Sunday 27th June
24 bedrooms at a rate of £125 per room, based on 2 people sharing and includes a BBQ in or Alfresco area and terrace, also includes breakfast

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/images/WE2021_print.jpg

Ok folks, its decision time on the weekender. The event is now 2 weeks away and we need to confirm to the Hotel final numbers and pay for rooms at the rates quoted above.

I realise these are not easy times to make decisions as the influencing factors seem to change by the hour. There are reports that the easing of final lockdown measures will be delayed and some measures will remain in place, which was the very reason we bumped the date! Please mull over your thoughts and let me know by close of play Monday what you think, I have a call planned with Donna on Tuesday morning to give our final decision.

So I spoke with Donna Friday who is trying her best to adapt to the rules that are being forced on Hospitality. We are all expecting an announcement from Boris on Monday regarding the final relaxation of lockdown measures which as we all know are in chaos because of the Delta variant.

In a nutshell if measures are relaxed on June 21st , happy days and we go as planned.

If not ,measures will still be in place which are basically all food must be plated ( so no buffet or BBQ) All mingling must be outside as a group , we have the alfresco area booked for Friday only, we have the great hall booked inside for Saturday and Sunday. This would mean we can dine inside but it will be in small groups on tables 2 m apart. We may agree to suck it up and make the best of it ,in reality we have been living with ”measures” for quite some time, some may not agree.

As always all thoughts welcome.

Mike

Grumpy
13-06-2021, 07:05 AM
Count me in Mike.

When we held the weekender in Bedfordshire, several years back, the hotel organised the evening meals into a series of tables of about 8/10 people per table, with waitered service. This worked well, so no real difference with the proposed evening meal arrangements this year, apart from wearing a mask when moving around the room.

Moco1961
13-06-2021, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the swift response James,:thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
13-06-2021, 08:33 AM
I'm still game, but I will be lip reading anyway as the fire brigade are no longer allowed to hose ears out! Bonus is I won't have to wash as we're not allowed to get too close.. :mand:

Was hoping to pay the hotel with cash, but that could be difficult if they want it up front.. It's normally pay on checkout?

dacs
13-06-2021, 08:53 AM
Well, if Grumpy is wearing a mask all weekend I'm up for it, subject to Monday's announcement not springing something unexpected on us all. Can't wait to see Mr Gazza lip reading thru all those masks.

DaveR
13-06-2021, 10:03 AM
Hi Mike
Yes I would still be ok to come even with the measures you've outlined in place. As you say we've been putting up with restrictions now for so long & getting by as best we can, so let's go for it & have a great time.
Dave

Grumpy
13-06-2021, 10:31 AM
Well, if Grumpy is wearing a mask all weekend I'm up for it, subject to Monday's announcement not springing something unexpected on us all. Can't wait to see Mr Gazza lip reading thru all those masks.

It's a special mask, just for you Dave:ymca::chuckle:

Moco1961
13-06-2021, 10:52 AM
I'm still game, but I will be lip reading anyway as the fire brigade are no longer allowed to hose ears out! Bonus is I won't have to wash as we're not allowed to get too close.. :mand:

Was hoping to pay the hotel with cash, but that could be difficult if they want it up front.. It's normally pay on checkout?

Can ask the question for you Gaz , please check your emails, developments to report regarding trophy.

…fingers crossed Dave, this weekender must have the record for the least number of forum posts in advance of an event ever!:dunce:….there is a reason, I am more nervous than a jogger in a minefield :chuckle:

Hi Mike
Yes I would still be ok to come even with the measures you've outlined in place. As you say we've been putting up with restrictions now for so long & getting by as best we can, so let's go for it & have a great time.
Dave

Quite right Dave, it will be the weirdest group photo ever but hey ho,at least we won’t forget it in a hurry :chuckle:

It's a special mask, just for you Dave:ymca::chuckle:

…..I am just looking forward to seeing Gazas helmet !

ChrisC2925
13-06-2021, 12:24 PM
Me & Jane will be there, Mike. Let me have the post code for the Golborne collection when you get a minute

Stinger101
14-06-2021, 02:57 PM
Tracey & I are still intending to join in if the current regs aren't tightened. Extended, we can deal with!

Moco1961
14-06-2021, 04:16 PM
Great stuff Mark, I am sure we will make the best of it. I cant bear to watch the announcement at six oclock !!

Moco1961
14-06-2021, 04:19 PM
OK so in anticipation of the restrictions staying in place, this is what it will mean for us, hot off the press from Donna,

If restrictions don’t fully lift how will this affect the Ducati Weekender…

• Masks will still need to be worn in the hotel, other than when sat down to eat
• All socialising in the larger group will need to be outside
• All food and drink are table service only both inside and outside, so no buffets or going to the bar and all meals other than breakfast will be served outside – unless seated in tables of 6 but there would be no mingling allowed inside between tables

• Safety measures in place in the hotel – hand sanitiser points, all staff wearing masks unless exempt, social distancing, table service for all food and drink, track and trace QR code
• Lateral flow testing weekly for staff

rollo22
14-06-2021, 06:28 PM
See you there Mike looking forward to a great week end

bigredduke
14-06-2021, 07:40 PM
Still up for it Mike. Hopefully so is Utopia!. If he isn't, I will take a single room if available.

Do we pay in advance or on checkout?
Thanks for all your hard work, much appreciated!

Moco1961
14-06-2021, 08:39 PM
See you there Mike looking forward to a great week end

Still up for it Mike. Hopefully so is Utopia!. If he isn't, I will take a single room if available.

Do we pay in advance or on checkout?
Thanks for all your hard work, much appreciated!

Thanks for the responses guys, I guess we are GAME ON :mand:, I will confirm payment arrangements with Donna in the morning and post for you all……heads up Paul she is after payment in advance. Now we can start planning :chuckle::chuckle:

the lodger
14-06-2021, 09:40 PM
Hi Mike, Susan and me are looking forward to attending, and hoping we get some decent weather !

Cheers, Nigel

Moco1961
15-06-2021, 03:42 AM
Great news Nigel, looking forward to meeting you both , three dry consecutive days in the Lake District……not to much to ask is it , :biggrin::biggrin:

Moco1961
15-06-2021, 07:08 AM
Morning All,

I have had confirmation the Tee Shirts will be ready to collect this coming Saturday,

please see the dedicated Tee shirt post for payment, can all weekender tee purchasers forward £15:00 via my paypal account and in the notes put "TEE".

This will help my addled mind split donations from tee shirt payments:scratch:

I thank you all................ ( freddie mercury 1980 ):yoparty:

ColinS2R
15-06-2021, 08:47 AM
Cue Thunderbird music……All systems go!!!

Darkness
15-06-2021, 08:51 AM
F. A. B!

a few more characters!

Moco1961
15-06-2021, 08:52 AM
crakin news

ColinS2R
15-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Is the offer of taking a kitbag up in the car still open, Mike?

Moco1961
15-06-2021, 09:14 PM
Of course it is mate, no problem :thumbsup:

Moco1961
16-06-2021, 08:57 AM
Morning Weekenders !

OK so now we are "Game on" and things can start moving towards a great and healthy weekender.

I could not reach Donna yesterday, she has just been telling me about the abuse she was getting when trying to explain the restrictions still in place to wedding parties who couldnt understand they could have more than 30 guests but still cant dance together !!!!!

No such problems with us ....I hope !!

She is playing a blinder and has already got a plan for the BBQ on Sunday and arranged the alfresco outside area for sunday too, fair play.

I have agreed with her that we only need to pay 50% of your room now and 50% on departure, hope thats ok with everyone. Feel free to pay the full amount if you want to !!
When you call the Hotel ask for Rebecca and quote "payment for Ducati Weekend, arranged with Donna ",

Hotel Phone number is 01229 838282

more posts to follow

Moco1961
16-06-2021, 09:17 AM
As we know this will be a little bit different from previous weekenders but I am sure we will do our best !

Plan for Saturday is to have a ride out across some cracking roads taking in Cumbria and West Yorkshire along the way.

The focal point will be the wensleydale creamery at Hawes, there is a café on site and we can arrange a visit to see the cheese being made (subject to restrictions). They are not taking bookings at the moment so I suspect this will be an "on the day" thing.

We will leave the Hotel and head for Devils Bridge, a well know Bikers meeting spot. From there to Hawes, do a bit of cheese appreciation (cheese gromit! :gromit:) then onto Kirkby stephen ,Tebay, Kendall and back to the Hotel .

All of which we will discuss with you all on the Friday !

more to follow soon, stay safe folks.:thumbsup:

Moco1961
20-06-2021, 06:14 AM
Yesterday I received the mail I had been waiting for confirming that we are good to visit the Ravenglass to Eskdale miniature railway.

This was a suggestion made by Dacs and I am pleased to confirm it’s our Sunday destination, plan is to have a tour of the engine shed then a trip on the train to Eskdale and back.

Phew, nearly there, COVID eh !

Mr Gazza
20-06-2021, 10:07 AM
Not sure how long, if at all, you would be stopping in Kendall, but it has (had?) a crackin' Italian restaurant that I could probably find again.
The Castle is worth a look, it's a nice high open space overlooking the town with stunning views with a fair bit of the castle still remaining.

Inspiring video of a funeral cortege here, which ends up in Kendal. Gives you an idea of the countryside. Nothing like it for bringing folk together, but I don't mind if I don't ride another anytime soon!

https://youtu.be/-rCVm9NLhQM

Moco1961
20-06-2021, 10:22 AM
Morning Gaz, to be honest the thought of leading a posse of Ducati through Kendal town centre on a Saturday afternoon didn’t appeal!

We will be avoiding The town centre mate, you will have to buy some famous mint cake at a gift shop :biggrin:

Mr Gazza
20-06-2021, 10:43 AM
Ha ha. No worries, you should try riding across London on a hot gridlocked midsummer's Saturday night in a posse of Ducatis.. :chuckle:

rollo22
21-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Hi Duncan, it will be well worth the journey mate :thumbsup:

New boots fitted and ready to roll.

bigredduke
21-06-2021, 06:08 PM
Out of interest, what's the furthest any attendee has to travel to Barrow?

Definitely not me @ 150 miles!

Moco1961
21-06-2021, 06:10 PM
Nice one Duncan, I got a new front on Saturday, what did you go for ? I am on Michelin power rs but they are phasing them out so have to change next time around!

Moco1961
21-06-2021, 06:16 PM
Out of interest, what's the furthest any attendee has to travel to Barrow?

Definitely not me @ 150 miles!

Nor me Paul, a measly 130 miles……excluding roundabouts :chuckle:my money is on Dave R….300 plus

Mr Gazza
21-06-2021, 07:41 PM
Grumpy, Dacs and I might get somewhere near 400 miles on our two day Wold tour. My money is on Dacs, as he has 10 more miles to go than me..

rollo22
21-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Nice one Duncan, I got a new front on Saturday, what did you go for ? I am on Michelin power rs but they are phasing them out so have to change next time around!

Rosso 3s upgrade from 2s

Grumpy
21-06-2021, 10:54 PM
New boots fitted and ready to roll.

I've fitted new OZ wheels plus Metzeler tyres to the 12r, should be nicely run in by the time we arrive :thumbsup:
By the end of the weekender my mileage for the five days, Gazza, Dacs and myself are leaving on the Thursday with an over night on the East coast, is expected to be between 900 and 1000 miles!

Moco1961
22-06-2021, 08:35 AM
Final confirmed guest list is:

Mike & Karen
Chris & Jane
Adie & Barb
Bigredduke
Mark & Tracy
Mr Gazza
Mark Houldin
Andy C
Grumpy
Nigel and Susan
Duncan "rollo"
David R
Dacs
Colin S2r
Martyn Edwards + Mrs Edwards

Can anyone who has not contacted the hotel please do so to pay either in full or a 50% deposit. If I the above list is in error please let me know asap.
Many thanks,

Moco1961
23-06-2021, 10:14 PM
To those travelling up to the weekender on Thursday, I wish you a safe and uneventful ride :thumbsup:

Heads up for Friday, rooms will be available from 15:00 hrs at the hotel, the bar of course is open before then but we won’t be allowed to lean against it :booze:

Fuel wise, there are petrol stations that far North, there is a Shell just as you enter Newby Bridge, there is an esso in Barrow about 2 miles beyond the hotel.

Look forward to seeing you Friday :thumbsup:

Mr Gazza
24-06-2021, 06:01 AM
Cheers Mike. See you tomorrow afternoon.

Have a safe journey yourself.. :thumbsup:

DaveR
24-06-2021, 09:05 PM
More or less sorted, bags packed, waterproofs at the ready. 350miles or thereabouts. Aiming for arrival around 1700 give or take. See you tomorrow. Dave

Moco1961
24-06-2021, 09:28 PM
Great news Dave, , if you need “ guiding in” don’t hesitate to call…I have just pm my number:thumbsup: safe journey

slob
25-06-2021, 07:27 AM
Have fun everyone, stay safe

the lodger
25-06-2021, 07:48 AM
Hi Mike
I think I have your number but could you send it again please in case I need rescuing.

Is there an obvious place to park the bikes at the hotel or is a free for all in the general carpark?

Ta

Nigel

Moco1961
26-06-2021, 06:47 AM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51271511398_0b326f085f_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m7FU4Q)62130B24-1B2B-41D4-A02D-65B892FC8453 (https://flic.kr/p/2m7FU4Q) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Car park surface has dried, hopefully a dry day ahead !

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51271332521_c3b19fda74_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m7EYTK)B6A9E25A-967C-4EC5-AC45-8ACFCBD7A0FD (https://flic.kr/p/2m7EYTK) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51272361355_92ed8d0eab_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m7LfJg)C7E7BC7E-A086-4255-8777-543D02086C62 (https://flic.kr/p/2m7LfJg) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

cactus
27-06-2021, 09:38 AM
Let's see more photos of the bikes at the weekender. :)

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 01:31 PM
Ladies and gentlemen,

A massive thank you to the attendees at this week ends event, I hope you agree it was worth the effort.

Special mention to Adie and Chris who toiled with me over routes for the ride outs and Mr Gasa for producing the trophies, especially the “Buzzbomb Trophy “ for best modified.

Now the thank yous are done…….

The weekend was not without incident,

Firstly ,Dacs had to turn back on Thursday to swap bikes as the 1000 fell foul of a mystery fault.fair play Dave for getting to the hotel Saturday though.

Secondlyyoung Andy, who has done a great job with the drone images, didn’t get very far with his disc lock on ! Superficial damage, dusted down and off he went, thanks to Mark and Karen for lifting the bike off him.

Next we move on to , junction 38 service area. Chris decided he would make a late bid for best modified………not for the first time ,one of our members decided diesel might run better in a monster :chuckle:

By sheer good luck Chris had pushed his steed away from the pump to make way for the next bike so no diesel had circulated.

What followed was a good half hour of team building, so caption competition, see pic below….special mention to Stuart who had no idea what he was letting him self in for when he met up with us at devils bridge.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51275578362_8b1cb0303f_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m83K2U)6943CB19-2422-44EE-82D2-F7C23C6D726F (https://flic.kr/p/2m83K2U) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 01:43 PM

Okay dokay,:thumbsup:

Devils bridge is a well known bikers meet up place, we dropped in on Saturday on the way to hawes, the UKMOC were in good company,in the foreground is this years bike of the year, well done to Nigel, a well presented example of an early m900.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51277071819_498bc04525_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8boZa)F8BC83C7-B08F-4820-A6B0-1AD7B6448812 (https://flic.kr/p/2m8boZa) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 01:49 PM

How many UKMOC members can you spot?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51277071489_1f60e399cb_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8boTt)46726F51-66D6-46CD-93DE-F25BCF8B7E25 (https://flic.kr/p/2m8boTt) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 01:53 PM

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276512938_eb152734e3_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m88wRh)0CB7C6DD-A7D3-471D-8F96-F610959958C3 (https://flic.kr/p/2m88wRh) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Dave R made a great effort to travel on his S4r, be interested to know the final mileage Dave. I was a measly 497 for the whole weekend, you must be nearly double mate?

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 02:31 PM
The now compulsory group shot in front of the hotel,

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276399846_fbd9037259_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m87Xeq)A8309418-43DE-4EA9-A3C3-E30D4D4C7A73 (https://flic.kr/p/2m87Xeq) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276400026_79cf74e49f_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m87Xhw)C12ECA25-E740-47FA-8EEE-7A781ADDF579 (https://flic.kr/p/2m87Xhw) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Bike of the year,

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276399356_cb524e5d19_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m87X5Y)AE74E8D2-565B-4248-9776-39604219D201 (https://flic.kr/p/2m87X5Y) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51275649747_1014a1c9fb_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m847fF)768F25B4-15E0-4FDF-A8AF-7486889D55B8 (https://flic.kr/p/2m847fF) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

And a closer look at bike of the year

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51275649417_d9b4bb952e_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8479Z)B561BDA3-75E6-416B-A21B-64E2526D2F30 (https://flic.kr/p/2m8479Z) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 02:38 PM
Sunday saw us ride to ravenglass, to see some steam trains. Thanks to Dacs for suggesting this trip :thumbsup:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276398571_3c58616661_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m87WRr)0EBAC4E8-3FD0-464B-AC8C-7BB391B88C7A (https://flic.kr/p/2m87WRr) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51275648917_6e5e637176_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8471n)D119033A-6D53-479A-91CE-565F7571D01C (https://flic.kr/p/2m8471n) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51277125839_9cf18c9e28_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8bF3x)BD2FFC11-AD42-4CF7-A303-D9B36E08CF5B (https://flic.kr/p/2m8bF3x) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Colin will be along at some stage with some photos I hope!

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 02:42 PM
Dave, Dacs and Gaza,

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276397891_011d55cfef_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m87WDH)57687020-32B6-42E2-B132-98FE223038D5 (https://flic.kr/p/2m87WDH) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 02:49 PM
Colin’s S2r basking in the early morning sun,such a change from the horrendous journey North on Friday, soaked to the skin and shaking like a leaf, not what you expect in June ,

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276567063_1880014bed_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m88NWt)07F30BCE-5434-4987-8A87-49675041106D (https://flic.kr/p/2m88NWt) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51275648027_2f426d158b_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m846K2)30BE49A9-DBB4-4C91-AD3D-CA371B4AEE16 (https://flic.kr/p/2m846K2) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Even the grime collected on the long wet and mucky routes North can not distract from the mods undertaken by Grumpy……winner of best modified by a landslide in the voting :thumbsup:

rollo22
28-06-2021, 02:52 PM
Well done Mike and everybody else who helped to make it a great weekend.
Got home safe and sound and even managed to get the EVO MOT'D all good for another year.

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 02:57 PM
Wow Dunc, you made good time! What time did you hit the road this morning?

Thanks for contributing to a great weekend mate, don’t forget to send me details of the discs too please. :thumbsup:

Luddite
28-06-2021, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the great photos, Mike. Looks like a good time was had by all!

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 03:33 PM
Hi Vince, hopefully so :thumbsup:

I believe you had a hand in recommending some discs to Rollo for his evo ?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276559316_24fec565a8_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m88LCU)FA82338B-CFC4-405F-B734-C2EF21F495B9 (https://flic.kr/p/2m88LCU) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 03:36 PM
It’s amazing how good old relics polish up……and the trophies were pretty good too!

Well done Adie for collecting the concours d elegance for his S4r and Grumpy for the best modified, nice one guys :thumbsup:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51277284749_44e52f2bf5_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8cuhn)7E36663F-F3D9-42B1-8877-8ACDB65E2B0C (https://flic.kr/p/2m8cuhn) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Ps they have not shrank, the fireplace really is that big !

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 03:41 PM
Stinger’s 1200 s complete with safety device , erm exhaust,

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51277582165_58a935f613_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8e1Ge)BCE8F7A4-D792-47F1-9DCE-B21DDCC73BB8 (https://flic.kr/p/2m8e1Ge) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 03:47 PM
Colin doing his best to hide the train…….fail ,:D

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276512123_f13b35954e_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m88wBe)7694E6D3-EF47-465C-8913-9B4F8E8BE333 (https://flic.kr/p/2m88wBe) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Giving way to the inbound from Ravenglass

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276343696_4c686ef35e_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m87Exj)50323609-E9BD-4B94-BF13-4C7241922346 (https://flic.kr/p/2m87Exj) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Stopping at St Bees before the trip back to the hotel.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51277367715_fc47f1b9a6_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8cUWP)E9E2B01E-B67B-43CF-B9BF-EB57D86B166D (https://flic.kr/p/2m8cUWP) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 03:53 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276770048_c197c17c60_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m89Rhd)60339C2E-883A-4086-948A-C43CF2626E83 (https://flic.kr/p/2m89Rhd) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

dacs
28-06-2021, 04:48 PM
Back in Norfolk and it's a bit flat, in both senses of the word. Thanks to all the guys who contributed to making it a cracking weekend, especially whoever was in charge of arranging the weather :hail:
Now off to unload and clean the little Monster and find a suitable branch to give the 1000ie a d@mn good thrashing.

ChrisC2925
28-06-2021, 04:48 PM
I hope all the weekenders got home OK, thanks for the company on the road & in the bar

Big shout out to Mike for his perseverance in getting everything organised so successfully in light of the set backs we have had over the last 2 years, a crate of Peroni will be winging his way when when I pass Costco on the way home this week, also thanks to Adie for getting us all safely where we needed to be on the runs

Cheers to Mr Gasa not only for knocking out some excellent trophies, but also in his other role as UKMOC DERV Meister in chief for getting the team of volunteers through the messy business of sorting my diesel cock-up out.

Looking forward to the next one, wherever it may be!!

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 04:56 PM
:D:D:D:D “ Basil “

Glad you got back safe and sound mate, thanks for your company once again.

walkingpictures
28-06-2021, 04:59 PM
Great to see the photos,thanks for posting them up,hope you all had a great weekend

Kimbo:thumbsup:

Darren69
28-06-2021, 05:00 PM
Great pics, loads of great bikes too and that is some hotel for sure. Any close up pics of the trophys Gazza made? I forgot about Ravenglass and always fancied doing that. I will try to next time I'm up that way.

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 05:01 PM
…. Big thanks to you bud, we covered some miles together ,with Adie too of course to get things sorted :thumbsup:

Looking forward to doing many more miles together mate:thumbsup:

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 05:27 PM
Great pics, loads of great bikes too and that is some hotel for sure. Any close up pics of the trophys Gazza made? I forgot about Ravenglass and always fancied doing that. I will try to next time I'm up that way.

Hi Darren, go make yourself a brew, I will give you the whole story !

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 05:53 PM

So, after weekender 2019 and the passing of Buzzbomb.Barbera,Geoffs widow, asked if any of the parts Geoff had stored in his garage would be of any use. As we know he was a serial “fettler” and modified his bikes…..because he wanted them to look/ perform better.

Some parts you may recall I advertised on here but a random collection were kept with the idea of incorporating into trophies. Fast forward a few months and Gaza arranged a visit to the British motorcycle museum ,as fate would have it the date of the visit coincided with midlands monsoon season and a flooded car park at the event resulted in us gathering in a nearby pub to discuss……trophies.

I laid the bits out on a table ( this was in the pre COVID days )…. And what followed was an amusing half hour of a number of grown ups behaving like they just opened a jigsaw puzzle on Christmas Day. Eventually we collectively decided what could be used and Mr G had the “artistic licence” to transform the ideas into reality.

Additional items were sourced for the Buzzbomb trophy itself as we had a specific look in mind, Slob and Luddite both donated shield badges and Slob sourced the carbon handlebar.

Gaz had an idea at the back of his mind about a plaque in the centre of the trophy, I had always wanted to ask Chris from Desmoworld if he would like to contribute as Geoff had a great relationship with them…..the plan was nearly complete. I got in touch with Chris who was honoured to make the 50mm x 50 mm red anodised plaque and provide the four matching handlebar bolts. The story is not quite over, following Brexit Chris ( desmoworld)doesn’t export to GB other than to chosen customers, one of which was in Leigh.Arrangements we’re made to send the trophy parts with other kit, the goods landed in Liverpool…..it took a WEEK to get the customs paperwork sorted…..Chris( our Chris) collected the parts on THURSDAY NIGHT on his way home, on the eve of the Weekender!

Phew……Gaz did the rest when he got to the hotel.

I hope you agree he has done an amazing job and deserves all the credit I hope he receives when people see the end result……enjoy :D

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51277863855_3dc2858936_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8fsqX)3E61E77C-A604-4E81-A8D3-70510C6B4C6C (https://flic.kr/p/2m8fsqX) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51277861600_b455bac63a_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8frL5)34149B67-2193-479F-9F0D-388553660877 (https://flic.kr/p/2m8frL5) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Darkness
28-06-2021, 06:07 PM
Great trophies. That’s a lovely piece of pippy oak you used there!

DaveR
28-06-2021, 06:09 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276512938_eb152734e3_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m88wRh)0CB7C6DD-A7D3-471D-8F96-F610959958C3 (https://flic.kr/p/2m88wRh) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Dave R made a great effort to travel on his S4r, be interested to know the final mileage Dave. I was a measly 497 for the whole weekend, you must be nearly double mate?
910.5 to be precise. Back safely a little damp, very tired but a great weekend. Thanks again Mike

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 06:10 PM
Wow, can anyone beat that for total miles ,:hail:

Mr Gazza
28-06-2021, 06:38 PM
Thanks for telling the story of the Buzzbomb trophy Mike, it reminded me how far back it goes.
The bases are made from English Burr Oak which I French polished. The clamp is from Buzzbomb's bike, which I de-painted and polished. It's held to the base with Titanium bolts which you can't really see. (In the true spirit of the obsessive lightener. ;) ) The threads are actually tapped into the hard Burr Oak
This year all the plaques were laser engraved on laminated metal/plastic material.

So Buzzbomb's Trophy has Carbon fibre, Titanium, laser engraving, rare enamelled badges, polishing, custom and bespoke anodised alloy parts and an awful lot of love. Not to mention the gnarly character of English Burr Oak. I hope it will carry his memory on for many years and inspire builders to create ever more imaginative and beautiful Monsters.

Just to re-iterate Mikes thanks to everyone who has contributed to this and made such it a touching club tribute to a late great club member and friend.

Barbara for all Geoff's parts to use for the ornaments, Rob and Vince for the Ducati badges and the carbon tube, Desmoworld for the stunning name plate and screws and of course Chris for getting them to the ball on time.
I had a plastic replica of the name plate made and temporarily fixed in case of a no show, but thanks to Chris I was able to switch for the real McCoy on Friday evening... And of course big thanks to Mike for pulling the whole show together.. :thumbsup:
You might also notice that there is no 2021 on the plaques as it was all so shaky that the Weekender would happen at all.... It did happen and what a ball it has been... :D

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 06:43 PM
Concours d’elagance winner, Adie 851 and the S4r, thanks to Colin for the image

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276936301_6174b2f700_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m8aGGD)88106C7D-CCB5-4CC3-885D-4D5687497A64 (https://flic.kr/p/2m8aGGD) by Mike OConnor (https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/), on Flickr

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 06:47 PM
….what can I say, we did it mate :hail::hail: Gaz do you have photos of the other trophies to post to meet Darrens request ?

bigredduke
28-06-2021, 09:39 PM
Huge thanks to Mike for organising an excellent Weekender. The hotel, food and staff were terrific!
Thanks to Gazza for the brilliant trophies. It would be nice if the photographer would send the images to Chris at Desmoworld & of course, Barbara. I'm sure they would be really chuffed to see them.

Thanks to all attendees, it wouldn't be much of a weekender without participants!

Gutted I didn't get the Best Trailer award, obviously I need to add some carbon & titanium & upgrade the suspension before next year to stand any chance of winning.

Chris, after much searching I've found just the bike for you:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203296715708?hash=item2f556db3bc:g:ThsAAOSwBWZgSgw A

Grumpy
28-06-2021, 09:43 PM
What a cracking Weekender.
Thanks for the hard work and effort everyone put in, especially Mike.
The hotel was a peach. Good location for the lakes, good food, great beer plus excellent service.
Thank you to everyone who voted for the 12r as best modified, especially considering Gazza and I rode through a rain storm in the Yorkshire Dales on Friday, which washed enough sheep dip and poo on to the road to render my bike the dirtiest ( and smelliest) it's ever been!
My total mileage came to 844 from leaving on Thursday, meeting up with Gazza, travelling up the East coast, then across the Dales as mentioned to Barrow on Friday. The various ride outs, then home today.

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 09:47 PM
Huge thanks to Mike for organising an excellent Weekender. The hotel, food and staff were terrific!
Thanks to Gazza for the brilliant trophies. It would be nice if the photographer would send the images to Chris at Desmoworld & of course, Barbara. I'm sure they would be really chuffed to see them.

Hi Paul,

Sent to both,Barb has commented she is “ proud” we have done this, so box ticked with her which is great.

Thanks once again for your company mate, see you soon I hope, East Kirby ?, hope the gazebo didn’t hinder progress home!

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 09:51 PM
Great to know you are back home safe and sound James, you needed to go around a few roundabouts to catch Dave R up on the mileage front!

Thanks once again for your company, at least the weather gods were with us during the weekend itself ,dry ride home I hope.

Mr Gazza
28-06-2021, 09:58 PM
Thursday started well, dry and bright with a gleaming Monster and dacs for company on his M1000Sie. As you know, it conked out about 30 miles in. Dacs insisted I carried on to meet Grumpy, while he was recovered to continue on his M750 on Friday.

Grumpy and I rode on to the digs in North Yorkshire via Lincolnshire. It rained and Grumpy's visor broke!

Visor damage assessment stop at Whitby Abbey. Note reasonably clean bikes.
https://i.ibb.co/31VzrH9/DSCF7936.jpg (https://ibb.co/8MGcKVL)
[/url]

View from the digs... Smashing when the Sun came out just long enough for supper al fresco, with a sea view.
https://i.ibb.co/Y26LFbv/DSCF7937.jpg (https://nonprofitlight.com/ri/kingston/hands-in-harmony-inc)

Friday it rained hard all day until about 30 miles shy of Barrow and we managed to find the filthiest road in Yorkshire! My total miles from home to the gig; 424.
Saturday was fabulous with Adie leading the run at a sensible rate in sunshine with stunning views of all the scenery we missed yesterday in the murk and mire.

Sunday was gloriously laid back, we even had a train ride.
https://i.ibb.co/HqJ1KK5/DSCF7964.jpg (https://nonprofitlight.com/mo/st-louis/st-louis-jewish-light)

Colin was chuffed to bits!
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51276512123_f13b35954e_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m88wBe) [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/155110399@N02/] (https://flic.kr/p/2m88wBe)

I loved the views of the Isle of Man from the coast road.
Sympathy and empathy for Chris with his fuelling incident, but a great display of camaraderie to get him back on the road with hopefully no damage. You're in an elite set now Chris with the best.. :mand:

Simply fabulous company all weekend, great rides, great views.. Magnificent!! Well done North West section.. :mand: And thank you all.

Hit rain on the gruelling A1 portion of the ride home, arrived home about 4pm after 980 miles over the 5 days out.

https://i.ibb.co/YQ5MzPM/DSCF7968.jpg (https://ibb.co/020SgmS)

https://i.ibb.co/FY425n2/DSCF7970.jpg (https://ibb.co/DMfh9Lh)

Moco1961
28-06-2021, 10:13 PM
Great post and pics Gary, glad you made it back with no issues to report,looks like you did the most miles…… unless Dacs can tell a different story :mand:

adie851
29-06-2021, 06:51 AM
Diesel brothers...!!!!....

adie851
29-06-2021, 06:59 AM
Thanks to Mike for organising a FAB weekender.....great hotel ,food,location and fellow Ducatisti....hope you all enjoyed the rideouts over the event. Thanks to everyone whom voted for my S4R, totallly unexpected, a nice surprise..thanks also to GAZA for making the excellent trophies...quality....well done.....lastly I hope you all arrived home safely........hope to see you all at another event soon...
Cheers,adie851...

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 08:20 AM
So finally photos edited and ready but you're probably bored of seeing yet another Ducati?

https://i.ibb.co/2M5pvhM/X1006564.jpg
Before that, HUGE thanks to everyone I met for being patient with me and giving me so much advice during the weekend. just by watching you guys (and Barbara!) ride taught me so much......
Lessons learnt- (in no particular order)

CHECK TYRE PRESSURES REGULARLY (thanks for the spot Mark!!)
I'm a better rider than I thought I was
I still have so much more to learn
I need to ride more
Autosol ( or was it AutoGlym? darn it!!) and card behind the chain ..simple when you know how..(thanks Adie!)
Balls of the feet on the pegs...I'd forgotten about that (thanks Barbara!)
The drop off system aint scary

Theres more but you get the picture!
Massive thanks to Mike for organising a fantastic weekender the first of many I hope for me..

https://i.ibb.co/BBfcdGr/X1006567.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/bmMbxNF/X1006573.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/D4c8Xjb/X1006583.jpg

the lodger
29-06-2021, 08:25 AM
Thank you so much to Mike and others involved in organising what was a very successful and enjoyable week-end. Give yourselves a pat on the back It was also really nice to behave like (near ) normal again too. Seems so long since I did .

I hadn't met anyone in the club apart from Adie before the event but I can say that without fail everyone who attended was pleasant , easy to talk to and good company.

It was most unexpected to win Bike of the Year . I think you must have been nice to the new boy but I'm very proud all the same . I have negotiated a nice spot on the kitchen wall for display purposes as we are not rich enough to own a mantlepiece to put it on. Maybe it was Gasa's oil cooler cover that swayed the voters. Buy now while stocks last and you too could win next year's Bike of the year !

Thanks again

Nigel

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 08:26 AM
https://i.ibb.co/TK19svf/X1006579.jpg

Moco1961
29-06-2021, 08:28 AM
well done Colin, you solved the picture upload puzzle, there will be no stopping you now ! Carry on mate, lets see some great shots !

Moco1961
29-06-2021, 08:33 AM
..."pssst Chris, there is a bloke in Dainese leathers stealing your fuel mate ! "

...."Chris, I know diesel is cheaper but it does'nt work in Ducati's !"

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 08:38 AM
https://i.ibb.co/fDCP4pC/X1006585.jpg

Moco1961
29-06-2021, 08:39 AM
....hope you all enjoyed the rideouts over the event.

Expertly led by yourself , big thanks to you mate. You see all that mis-spent youth paid off in the end :chuckle:

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 08:39 AM
https://i.ibb.co/FJw0wRd/X1006582.jpg

Running repair.....

Moco1961
29-06-2021, 08:43 AM
Thank you so much to Mike and others involved in organising what was a very successful and enjoyable week-end. Give yourselves a pat on the back It was also really nice to behave like (near ) normal again too. Seems so long since I did .

I hadn't met anyone in the club apart from Adie before the event but I can say that without fail everyone who attended was pleasant , easy to talk to and good company.

It was most unexpected to win Bike of the Year . I think you must have been nice to the new boy but I'm very proud all the same . I have negotiated a nice spot on the kitchen wall for display purposes as we are not rich enough to own a mantlepiece to put it on. Maybe it was Gasa's oil cooler cover that swayed the voters. Buy now while stocks last and you too could win next year's Bike of the year !

Thanks again

Nigel

Nigel, pleasure to meet you and Susan, glad you enjoyed the weekend and now you will be sucked into the North West Chapter of this fine club !! As discussed get your thinking cap on, we are looking forward to you leading us out on more of those fine roads in your area.

well done on bike of the year,Gaza can advise on handlebar clamp engraving if you want to follow suit ! you have bragging rights for a year only !!:chuckle:

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 08:43 AM
Chat before the ride.....
https://i.ibb.co/SRbJPcV/X1006605.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Ybs6N5b/X1006608.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/DKwYScm/X1006613.jpg

Praying for no more rain!!!

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 08:45 AM
Just don't let Chris fuel his own bike..or yours for that matter!!!

https://i.ibb.co/0ctxdtY/X1006615.jpg

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 08:48 AM
Devils Bridge.......

https://i.ibb.co/gdfQZnP/X1006619.jpg

Budding biker in the background????

https://i.ibb.co/y4vY6rC/X1006620.jpg

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 08:53 AM
I think you can add your own captions........

https://i.ibb.co/Tm7z2y5/X1006635.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/f4HGbp2/X1006638.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/H7nVc6J/X1006633.jpg

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 08:55 AM
https://i.ibb.co/DMgXzKd/X1006644.jpg

Yes I know its not got two wheels....just thought I'd show my weekend residence......bottom right window...

More bikes to follow later....

ChrisC2925
29-06-2021, 08:57 AM
Paul - too late mate, gave the special edition green Monster a swerve when I saw the price, my conversion cost less than a tenner!

Mike, it was a 50/50 when I filled up Sunday morning the Shell garage had run out of standard 4 star so even though the diesel was cheaper the than the V power I went for that

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 10:41 AM
Mothers meeting????

https://i.ibb.co/1bKscxp/X1006649.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/hfBzRZB/X1006659.jpg

http:/https://i.ibb.co/7zJHZsk/X1006665.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/n0cNBgX/X1006672.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/HdyfGzv/X1006678.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/k1rHrkz/X1006678-2.jpg

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 10:46 AM
Ravensomewhere.......

http:/https://i.ibb.co/j5QCdCV/X1006698.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/pLvWyjW/X1006694.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/TmF6gbB/X1006744.jpg

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 10:48 AM
Adies Wrong turn......

https://i.ibb.co/xmF3qBr/X1006789.jpg

ColinS2R
29-06-2021, 10:50 AM
https://i.ibb.co/jvmSHWZ/X1006792.jpg

Saint Bede? if you look closely you may see the Isle of Man.......closest I've ever been to it...