PDA

View Full Version : Pot hole damage

Tim88
10-08-2020, 07:08 PM
Subject title is not quite right but is near enough. I was riding back home along the A31 last night and overtaking a car at about 65mph when the car hit a half brick and sent it spinning into my path, I hit the brick and it has bent my rim, just a little, and taken a chunk out of my front tyre. Rode home the next 40 miles at modest speed thinking about life, love and the wonders of existence. Can anyone recommend a wheel rim staightening service within striking distance of west London? A3 corridor is perfect but I can drive the wheel elsewhere if it is a good place.
Many thanks,
Tim

Albie
10-08-2020, 10:28 PM
Subject title is not quite right but is near enough. I was riding back home along the A31 last night and overtaking a car at about 65mph when the car hit a half brick and sent it spinning into my path, I hit the brick and it has bent my rim, just a little, and taken a chunk out of my front tyre. Rode home the next 40 miles at modest speed thinking about life, love and the wonders of existence. Can anyone recommend a wheel rim staightening service within striking distance of west London? A3 corridor is perfect but I can drive the wheel elsewhere if it is a good place.
Many thanks,
Tim

Get it to moto liner maidstone. Just Hermes it there for a tenner.
http://www.motoliner.com

jerry
10-08-2020, 11:15 PM
Yep Motoliner Maidstone did an super job on my monster front wheel recently

Tim88
11-08-2020, 06:56 AM
OK then , Motoliner it is then. Many thanks.

makemdan
13-08-2020, 12:12 PM
Straightened my S2R wheel which was on an insurance write off bike. Think it was about 60 quid plus postage, postage only if they fail to repair. They're in Hainault IG6 3JH.

No one else woud touch it as the wheel had taken a canny Ding - the headstock was stretched to elliptical. The bike should have been a cat B but I bought it as a D... d for DOH

Tim88
13-08-2020, 10:15 PM
I'll keep Hagon in mind. At the risk of being a bit of an old fart, I had the fork stantions from my CB750FB straightened by Alf Hagon about 35 years ago after a falling off incident that won me a short stay in St Thomas' Hospital, river view and free food. Both organisations did a perfect job.