PDA

View Full Version : Stalhbus Bleed Nipples

Pedro
09-05-2020, 06:48 PM
If anyone is like me and sick of cocking about bleeding rear brakes I can highly recommend putting a Stalhbus self sealing bleed nipple on the calliper

Fitted one today on the 12R (along with a new master cylinder) and they make filling and bleeding an absolute breeze.

Not cheap but soooooo easy

http://www.stahlbus.com/products/en/bleeding-system/index.php

Ped

slob
09-05-2020, 07:20 PM
that’s very clever, what master did you get?

Pedro
09-05-2020, 08:45 PM
Just a stock replacement Rob, my rear brake has been sh*te from new, bleeds up ok then fades to sponge in about 3-4 weeks if not used. Prob should have pursued it under warranty.
The abs pump has been checked and is ok, calliper is fine, last thing was master cylinder - doing some digging there were a small number of Pani’s, Multistradas and Monster 1200’s in late 2016/2017 that appeared to have flaky masters.

New cylinder, so far so good, bled up firm really quickly (the old one took a while), hopefully sorted it

boris
10-05-2020, 08:09 AM
That's Dandy. Bulk Order for the Club? :idea:

Rrawlings
10-05-2020, 08:25 AM
I looked at these when I had issues with my rear brake on the Evo. Only reason I didn’t get them was I couldn’t get them quick enough to put the bike back together for the trip out I had planned. What did you pay for it and did you do the front too?

Pedro
10-05-2020, 09:45 AM
I looked at these when I had issues with my rear brake on the Evo. Only reason I didn’t get them was I couldn’t get them quick enough to put the bike back together for the trip out I had planned. What did you pay for it and did you do the front too?

I only did the back, the nipple and cover were about £30 delivered UPS direct from Stalhbus in Germany, took about three days

Dukedesmo
10-05-2020, 10:59 AM
I got some 'easybleed' bleed nipples from a US manufacturer many years ago for my 916, the same kind of thing. Only downside is that being US made they require non-metric spanner to operate.

damien666
10-05-2020, 11:02 AM
See Demon Tweeks too, their a stockist.
Might invest for the clutch slave. :thumbsup:

jerry
10-05-2020, 11:26 AM
nice but pricey if you need 4 for each bike and have 4 bikes ...... eeek i suppose rear and clutch are the ones that would benefit most from the Stahlbus nipples .. nice bling too,

Darren69
10-05-2020, 12:09 PM
i did the same as Jerry, priced up for all by bikes and concluded that an Eazibleed that I already have does the same for a whole lot less, although admittedly it is a bit of a faff to get it to seal sometimes. they are a great idea and if money were no object then I would get some.

Kato
10-05-2020, 02:00 PM
Great stuff from Stahlbus I use their dry brake quick disconnects on my brake lines I can remove and replace calipers without bleeding, also have one of their oil drain plugs on my car makes life so easy