PDA

View Full Version : Ducati track day Silverstone 31st July 2019

Khanivore
20-07-2019, 07:13 PM
Anyone else going? I’ll be in novice on my monster r. Staying in an air bnb nearby the night before.

slob
20-07-2019, 08:01 PM
not any more i’m afraid :-(

Khanivore
20-07-2019, 08:29 PM
not any more i’m afraid :-(

Oh shame - because of the date change? That's what enabled me to go. Someone on another forum couldn't make the new date and rather than just return the ticket offered the place to other forum members at cost price :) I grabbed it.

And then found out.. that one of my colleagues (who I never see and don't really know.. yet) is an instructor at CSS and is going to be coaching on the day!

slob
20-07-2019, 09:23 PM
nope, had to turn down the place css offered me, self & monster still all ****ed up from may. still donington was fun ;-)

Khanivore
20-07-2019, 11:34 PM
Ahhhh damn sorry I forgot about that :(

Khanivore
31-07-2019, 09:51 PM
Well I didn't crash - there were a few monsters about! All much faster than me - so clearly I can't blame the bike lol :) Need to learn to trust it to handle more lean angle. I bottle out way too soon.

Ron1000
31-07-2019, 10:13 PM
Fun tho eh! You’ll get there man. 160bhp is a lot more intimidating than my 93 ;)

slob
01-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Well I didn't crash - there were a few monsters about! All much faster than me - so clearly I can't blame the bike lol :) Need to learn to trust it to handle more lean angle. I bottle out way too soon.

that’s good, better to start at ‘five’ and work your way up than start at ‘eleven’ and take your bike home in a bag. as long as you enjoyed it!! learn to be smooth, then the speed will come. did you ask for any instruction?

mickj
01-08-2019, 09:25 AM

There are old riders, there are bold riders but there are no old bold riders :mand:

jonzi
01-08-2019, 02:07 PM
There are old riders, there are bold riders but there are no old bold riders :mand:

You haven't watched a Desmodue race then

chris.p
01-08-2019, 07:00 PM

If I remember rightly we had a Class B champion a few years ago aged 61 😉

Khanivore
02-08-2019, 12:36 PM
I did get instruction for a couple of laps in one session and got very good feedback. In retrospect I should have watched a few youtube videos from 'life at lean' before going and looked at the track layout and racing line before going. Lessons learned.

But yes, definitely happy coming home in one piece. Extremely keen to do it again :)